Dance To "breaky" Full-on

Filteria

Yesterday I was at a party. Mostly Full-On music. I am not too found of that (diversity is a good thing i think), but i said to myself, lets have a good time. I was in the mood for dancing. I tried, I really really tried. But how is it possible to dance to something that has break every 10 seconds? There are more breaks than "actuall music" going. You dance for 10 seconds, and then there is a new break. If you have some form of climax, there is drumrool, you think it will kick off, new break, drumrool again, drumrool continues, continues, sample, new break. music for 10 seconds.. and... ARGH!!! yes repeat again.

Some of todays producers might not be aware that this is dancemusic. The purpose is to get into trance or atleast let the music be dancefriendly. In my book its neither one of them. In the beggining of full-on genre there was not this many breaks. Quit funny that its getting worse..

Have u ever managed to come into trance with Full-on music (this "breaky form")? I am really curious.

I am not pointing out any artists or anything, since there is good fullon music outthere. But ffs, why all these breaks every second bar? Do they have any function?

Beeh :(

EDIT: typos

I am experiencing the same thing for past 3 years on regular trance parties so I don't veen bother going to psy party unless some really quality producer appear, mostly in minimal and progressive genre ( coz psy and goa are rarely existing past years ), the rest of the music is simply not there anymore. Like it enetred into certain loop from which no one can get out of. There is no trance anymore, only white powder marching music. THE ACTUAL TRANCE STATE OF MIND has stopped. Sigh. :ph34r:

They are probably just thinking about the older generations, that might need the breaks every now and then to be able to keep going :P

:lol: Very good one D3lirioused. :D

Yesterday I was at a party. Mostly Full-On music. I am not too found of that (diversity is a good thing i think), but i said to myself, lets have a good time. I was in the mood for dancing. I tried, I really really tried. But how is it possible to dance to something that has break every 10 seconds? There are more breaks than "actuall music" going. You dance for 10 seconds, and then there is a new break. If you have some form of climax, there is drumrool, you think it will kick off, new break, drumrool again, drumrool continues, continues, sample, new break. music for 10 seconds.. and... ARGH!!! yes repeat again.

Some of todays producers might not be aware that this is dancemusic. The purpose is to get into trance or atleast let the music be dancefriendly. In my book its neither one of them. In the beggining of full-on genre there was not this many breaks. Quit funny that its getting worse..

Have u ever managed to come into trance with Full-on music (this "breaky form")? I am really curious.

I am not pointing out any artists or anything, since there is good fullon music outthere. But ffs, why all these breaks every second bar? Do they have any function?

Yeah ... and you forgot the chav ravers that scream at every one of those breaks like there's no tomorrow ... and they also pipe damn loudly (I can't do that ... piping with two fingers of your hand in your mouth, I can't do it), right in your ear. Been right there, dude. I bet on a Scooter concert the atmosphere would have been likewise. At that point I totally was aware that this sucked even more than the techno music I hate. Man, I'd really would have wanted to go home right there ... but fortunately I'm a wise man that foresaw these things and so I only had to endure half an hour of this torture stuff before the liveact I wanted to see started playing (despite there being no playlist whatsoever)...

... and you forgot the chav ravers that scream at every one of those breaks like there's no tomorrow ...

Exactly ;)

I can't get into trance with continuous breaks and climaxes, that's why I rarely listen to full on. Trance is about 'inner' breaks, isn't it? Music has to lead you somewhere and when you're ready - you reach the top :) Lately I noticed I like it almost with no breaks, only small 'gates' :) Breaks are for dancing, not for tripping. imo

Agreed... the inconsistency is what leads this nominally powerful form of dance music to sound washed out and ultimately uninteresting. To have so many climactic rushes stacked on top of one another is self-defeating; many full-on artists have no true conception of building tension and providing the kind of cathartic release that one would expect from a quality trance experience. Still, it is only the case with some producers... others just seem to miss the point, or their target niche is that segment of the audience that simply nibbles at the dance floor. It's hard to say, really. I just try to avoid the stuff that jumps down a level too damn often.

I tried, I really really tried. But how is it possible to dance to something that has break every 10 seconds? There are more breaks than "actuall music" going. You dance for 10 seconds, and then there is a new break. If you have some form of climax, there is drumrool, you think it will kick off, new break, drumrool again, drumrool continues, continues, sample, new break. music for 10 seconds.. and... ARGH!!! yes repeat again.

I know that feeling all too well.....

To answer the sub-topic question: No, i don't think it's possible to get into any kind of trance while dancing to that kind of stuff (unless you're so high you're in a trance anyway, i guess).

I think one reason for some producers to do this is that it's a very cheap trick to give som extra (though "fake") energy to the sections where there actually is a steady 4/4 kick. I mean, if there's a break with some kinda buildup, then the contrast between and break and non-break gives the kick a bit of extra punch once it comes back.. And for some reason they just take this trick way too far and use it over and over again thru the whole track.. Maybe it's becase if they left the kick kicking for a few more bars, people would realize there's no _real_ energy there to begin with, so they have to fake it by having all those breaks there instead... Without realizing they completely destroy the energy by over-using breaks instead...

I dunno, just blabbering off the top of my head. Damn irritating to dance to anyway.

Yeah ... and you forgot the chav ravers that scream at every one of those breaks like there's no tomorrow ... and they also pipe damn loudly (I can't do that ... piping with two fingers of your hand in your mouth, I can't do it), right in your ear. Been right there, dude.

Me too... Really annoying stuff..

Just giving a shout or whistle out of sheer joy or ecstasy when the biggest climax is reached or a really killargh beat is dropped, that's one thing and can contribute to a really nice dancefloor energy and atmosphere..

But those people that for some reason have to shout and whistle ALL THE TIME, especially as soon as there's the tinyest break or change in the music, and just keeps doing it with every breath they take, that's just extremely annoying and completely distracting from the trance-dance experience.

I hate those 5 minute long "hands-in-the-air-climaxes-that-just-seem-never-to-stop" that comes atleast once in every song :lol: And that really f***s up my feeling.

But I still will say that I have danced myself to trance to drum'n'bass/breakcore, so it is more how open mind you have to the music imo.

EDIT:

But to answer about breaky full-on... well...

don't really like that, it isn't really full-on is it?

They are exactly NOT for dancing as Filteria put it as well and ESPECIALLY NOT for tripping. :D

True.

I hate with a capital h music with breaks especially because it causes a 'break' in the auditory experience which is a MAJOR hinderance in the way of getting into a propah state of trance. funnily i just commented on the new frozen ghost album which is exactly like this. The new neo non breakish full on coming out from wildthings and sonic dragon recds is so much better.

I mentioned this on our sister spam site! This style of music is the reason i`m jacking in parties!! had enough!! Gone are the musical journeys i used to take on the dancefloor! the out-of-body astral flights are no more! I`m deeply saddened by this....

going to listen now to Goa 7..........................

I mentioned this on our sister spam site! This style of music is the reason i`m jacking in parties!! had enough!! Gone are the musical journeys i used to take on the dancefloor! the out-of-body astral flights are no more! I`m deeply saddened by this....

going to listen now to Goa 7..........................

You could start listening to some really awsome electro-house/techno/trance :)

Are you Filteria from Suntrip Records? If yes, what are you saying? Ever heard your own breaky music? Your music is the most climaxic and energy breaky of all old school I ever heard, don't get me wrong, I love the music, but for creating a trance? no, no no... hard dance experience, yes...

Are you Filteria from Suntrip Records? If yes, what are you saying? Ever heard your own breaky music? Your music is the most climaxic and energy breaky of all old school I ever heard, don't get me wrong, I love the music, but for creating a trance? no, no no... hard dance experience, yes...

I think you misunderstood the post from Filteria (yes he is the one from Suntrip) :)

Oh come on, you compare my music with that i wrote? "there is drumrool, you think it will kick off, new break, drumrool again, drumrool continues, continues, sample, new break. music for 10 seconds" ?? Point out ONE moment like that in one of my tracks.

I know i have breaks to introduce melodies and that my music is energetic. But the breaks these producers have are nothing but annoying and fill no function. Nothiing new is introduced. Also, you cant even have a hard dance experience if you so wanna call it with this "breaky full-on", because it stops you every 10 seconds :P

Oh come on, you compare my music with that i wrote? "there is drumrool, you think it will kick off, new break, drumrool again, drumrool continues, continues, sample, new break. music for 10 seconds" ?? Point out ONE moment like that in one of my tracks.

I know i have breaks to introduce melodies and that my music is energetic. But the breaks these producers have are nothing but annoying and fill no function. Nothiing new is introduced. Also, you cant even have a hard dance experience if you so wanna call it with this "breaky full-on", because it stops you every 10 seconds :P

I dont remember any breaks in your work...yeah those climaxes are massive but they dont "break" the flow as a break does. I only own sky input though...btw,good work on that album! "we are starstuff..." :)

It's good to see there are people out there that think exactly like me :)

There's no way I can focus on those new tracks for more than 10 sec.: too many samples, too many fxs, too many breaks, etc. Wtf? I guess producers are forgetting the meaning of "trance" and trying to become somebody like Aphex Twin or Squarepusher ....

I guess producers are forgetting the meaning of "trance" and trying to become somebody like Aphex Twin or Squarepusher ....

Hey, don't go belittling Squarepusher! Most of his stuff is waaay more psychedelic than the type of full on that this thread is talking about, and a lot of his track are very trance-dance-friendly. Venus No.17 for instance, one of his relatively recent singles; it starts out simple and monotonous and just keeps progressively growing and growing and growing until it finally climaxes in an ecstatic tripped-out oldschool jungle frenzy.. *drool*

You could start listening to some really awsome electro-house/techno/trance :)

I like your tunage Mr Nemo!! i have listened to it! :)

Hey, don't go belittling Squarepusher! Most of his stuff is waaay more psychedelic than the type of full on that this thread is talking about, and a lot of his track are very trance-dance-friendly. Venus No.17 for instance, one of his relatively recent singles; it starts out simple and monotonous and just keeps progressively growing and growing and growing until it finally climaxes in an ecstatic tripped-out oldschool jungle frenzy.. *drool*

Don't get me wrong: I :wub: Richard & Tom. I was reffering to structure of the tracks :)