Exploring the tributaries

Posted Image

Label: Tribal Vision Records

Cat. no.: TVRCD014

Release date: May 2007

Format: CD (album)

Cover design: Martin Linde

Worldwide distribution: Psyshop

Following on strongly from their successful album release in 2006, Vibrasphere showcase a somewhat different side of their productions with the 4th studio album "Exploring the Tributaries".

Their brand new full-length CD takes elements from a wide range of musical styles including downbeat, minimal / electro and club-influenced sounds to create a mature look at modern electronic music.

After the smash single "Floating Free" was picked up for radio airplay by superstar DJs Armin Van Buuren & Markus Schulz, it has been a gateway into new territory for Vibrasphere with their tunes on heavy rotation from DJs such as Paul Van Dyk, Hernan Cattaneo, Paul Oakenfold, Christopher Lawrence, Remy, Menno de Jong, Kenneth Thomas & John 00 Fleming. Their recent singles have received a range of licenses including Armada Trance vol 1 (Armin Van Buuren) & Gatecrasher Live (Christopher Lawrence) and paves the way for a strong album release for both Vibrasphere & Tribal Vision Records.

Rickard Berglöf & Robert Elster have put their years of studio experience into creating a release that will be both timeless and contemporary - a true look into the musical minds of some of progressive music’s pioneering acts.

"Exploring the Tributaries" will no doubt be another strong success for Tribal Vision Records this coming season, and further confirm Vibrasphere as one of the leading acts in modern progressive dance music.

Mastered at High-Hat Studios by Sebastian Mullaert & Marcus Henriksson aka Son Kite / Minilogue.

Tracklist (Click To Listen):

1.) Heading north (intro)

2.) Erosion

3.) Isolation

4.) Vertical

5.) In control

6.) 102 miles from here

7.) Wasteland

8.) Forever imaginary

9.) Ensueño

10.) Mountain lake

11.) Yaku (outro)

www.tribalvision.cz

Vibrasphere played a live set yesterday in Berlin... quite a lot of it was new, unreleased stuff with some of it being subtle, just-above-ambient stuff and some being real progressive monsters. My overall impression was that they have made yet another evolutionary step with their trademark sound. Not totally different from Archipelago (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) but with fresh new ideas. This was the best live set I have seen this year so far and I expect the new album to be a truly outstanding one.

• 1 month later...

sorry, this sounds really lame. nothing compared to Lime Structure.

Yeah, Lime Structure is great, but this surely doesn't sound lame, maybe it is TAME, but I can't believe that such experienced listener like you can say such harsh words for something different. :unsure:

I can't believe that such experienced listener like you can say such harsh words for something different. :unsure:

Artists should not be criticised for pushing the boundaries. ;)

You wouldn't want Vibrasphere churning out 5 albums of Lime Structure like material. It would get repetitive and boring.