people that left

sherlockalien

Guest Cosmogenesis

I miss a lot of artists & groups from the golden era:

_Dimension 5, but since Ra is back, I feel less sad than by the past, furthermore they will play a live in Belgium. And who knows what could happen in the future with this project? :P

_Psychaos, the old one, not Joti Sidhu's actual project.

_Mystica & Power Source (the old goa sound of course, which was more decent than the new hommega's one :lol: )

_Cyan (yes, it's not a joke), I miss the masters of the uplifting music, especially their first transistance and beast of east vibes! :D

_The hypnotic records crew: Psygone, Solar Plexus and Bypass unit. But "bypass unit" will play soon a live gig, isn't it? :o

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

_Psychaos, the old one, not Joti Sidhu's actual project.

I've mentioned this to him when I've met him but he sighed and said that unfortunately it won't happen. :(

Guest Cosmogenesis

I've mentioned this to him when I've met him but he sighed and said that unfortunately it won't happen. :(

That are sad news! :( You shouldn't have said me that. :lol::P

I miss flying rhino records :(

+1

I miss them each and every day of my life. Probably my all time favorite label- they had the greatest compilations evargh to have been released!

+1

I miss them each and every day of my life. Probably my all time favorite label- they had the greatest compilations evargh to have been released!

Yeah! No other label depressed me so much when I found out they died :(

As far as labels go, I miss Flying Rhino and Matsuri Productions. Artists leaving the scene doesn't really bother me so much since they are still around. Its the ones who've passed away that hurt, so as far as actual people go, I miss Shinorama (Symphonics/ex. Phi) the most. I digress here I suppose, but this picture always brings home how fragile life can be. I took this picture of Shinorama and his girlfriend, Reimi, late in 2005. Three days later she was gone, two months later he was gone too.

Never take anything for granted, you never know when your friends, family and those you love might suddenly be gone :(

Posted Image

As far as labels go, I miss Flying Rhino and Matsuri Productions. Artists leaving the scene doesn't really bother me so much since they are still around. Its the ones who've passed away that hurt, so as far as actual people go, I miss Shinorama (Symphonics/ex. Phi) the most. I digress here I suppose, but this picture always brings home how fragile life can be. I took this picture of Shinorama and his girlfriend, Reimi, late in 2005. Three days later she was gone, two months later he was gone too.

Never take anything for granted, you never know when your friends, family and those you love might suddenly be gone :(

Posted Image

holy shit what happened?

i never new that

I miss Green House Effect. Sure Sandman is still around I'm happy for him if he likes his own music. Still I would die to have some new Green House Effect tracks, the Global Warming album really is top notch for me.

Its the ones who've passed away that hurt, so as far as actual people go,

I miss Shinorama (Symphonics/ex. Phi) the most.

I digress here I suppose, but this picture always brings home how fragile life can be.

I took this picture of Shinorama and his girlfriend, Reimi, late in 2005.

Three days later she was gone, two months later he was gone too.

Never take anything for granted, you never know when your friends,

family and those you love might suddenly be gone :(

Posted Image

holy shit what happened?

i never new that

:(

I knew about Phi but I had no idea about his girlfriend.

It's a double tragedy!

What happen to her Rennis?

Cosma :(

Ah yes.... Cosma. He'll forever be missed!

+1

Yeah, whatever happend to Frogacult ? They stopped making music altogether ?

As far as I know, they now produce electro, or the plan was to do it. I don't know their nick, but this is what I have heard. Sad but true..

_Cyan (yes, it's not a joke), I miss the masters of the uplifting music, especially their first transistance and beast of east vibes! :D

If you miss him, come and see him in Athens! We're working together.... Even though his more into WOW than trance lately!

:)

Its the ones who've passed away that hurt, so as far as actual people go, I miss Shinorama (Symphonics/ex. Phi) the most. I digress here I suppose, but this picture always brings home how fragile life can be. I took this picture of Shinorama and his girlfriend, Reimi, late in 2005. Three days later she was gone, two months later he was gone too.

Posted Image

It's a double tragedy!

Ah yes.... Cosma. He'll forever be missed!

That is a tragedy.... I had heard about Phi.... but this must have been so hard for people and family that knew these people, to loose two!

My deepest sympathy goes to them! So sad :(

It's a double tragedy!

Yeah, the whole thing basically sucked, seeing as there were two of the coolest people I ever met and probably just about the most perfect couple I'd ever seen as well. Shin's girlfriend passed on suddenly due to some health related issues that most of us were unaware of until after it happened. It was weird as I had chatted with her on MSN less than 24 hours before it happened and were we discussing the next time I came down to visit them and she was trying to convince me to go with everyone to Goa for New Years. (as a side note, Although I've said I'd never give away all the details of the story behind "The Long Walk Home" and its follow up, "Flights Of Infinity", it doesn't take much effort to figure out that this story is one of the major themes behind both. She was the "angel" in "An Angel Takes Flight". It was written in her memory and was 27 minutes because she was 27 year old when she died and Flights has a 30 minute track written in Shin's memory, again the time reflecting his age.... but I digress). After she died everyone decided to keep the Goa trip on in her memory. Shin and a few other of the core group of friends decided to stay for a few months to heal and generally reset (due to work related reasons I wasn't able to make it). Near the end of his planned stay in Goa, Shin was involved in a scooter crash and killed instantly.

Phi had broken up nearly a year before that and the two members weren't on very good terms at all, but after Shin passed away, Shuji (Slum) held a free outdoor party and had one final Phi live performance, complete with a movable life-size puppet of Shin that various people took turns controlling behind the mixer while Shuji handled the sound. Again due to work reasons I wasn't able to attend it (I've since quit that job, thankfully), but everyone who attended it said it was an absolutely amazing party, partly because no one ever thought Phi tunes would be played again, partly because a lot of people never suspected Shuji would make such a gesture but mostly just because everyone seems to approach it in such a positive way. Shin was cremated in India so at the party they burned the puppet at the end of the Phi set as his "Japanese cremation" and several people said a huge shooting star burned across the sky at that same moment.

While both of their deaths hit me pretty hard, I will say that considering how good of a couple they were, when Shin died it did seem "fitting" to me in some way that they were back together, and that took a (very) little bit of the edge off of it.