Hi there, maybe some can help

Hi there,

I am currently getting to know FM Synthesis with my newly purchased FM8 (A blast of a synth). I still can't quite get my head around it completely I am trying to do this very standard Psy FM Sound.

Every track I've listened to contains it, but I can't quite figure out how to get there. I guess best to describe it is as that metallic sawish lead. It's static no pitch envelope is obvious. I just don't know what modulator and carrier ist best for that.

Maybe some can help.

The sound can be found in any of Tristan's tracks on the Chemisphere Album.

I know this is not much of a description maybe you'll know what I mean...if not I apologize :unsure:

Thanks already

Hi there,

I am currently getting to know FM Synthesis with my newly purchased FM8 (A blast of a synth). I still can't quite get my head around it completely I am trying to do this very standard Psy FM Sound.

Every track I've listened to contains it, but I can't quite figure out how to get there. I guess best to describe it is as that metallic sawish lead. It's static no pitch envelope is obvious. I just don't know what modulator and carrier ist best for that.

Maybe some can help.

The sound can be found in any of Tristan's tracks on the Chemisphere Album.

I know this is not much of a description maybe you'll know what I mean...if not I apologize :unsure:

Thanks already

yeah i get what u're talkin about.....dunno about the fm8 but u can get that kind of sound on the albino...the cosmosis albino bank has those presets...u can tweak them if u want n get thos cutting fm saw leads.....hope that helped....cheers n happy tweaking!!!! ;)

Hi there,

thanks for your tips. I have gotten the albino 3 and of course I took a look at the cosmosis bank, wanted to do it myself, figured it out, I am getting there.

Thanks for the tip

Hehe, no its not associated to Firefox. I just happened to have FF active when taking the screenshot from my stand-alone editor for the Clavia Nord Modular. With it, I can create everything from very simple sounds to complex patches with several oscilliators of different types, and modulate these in the most fentestik ways! :)

Oh yes a Nord. Very good and very very far from my abilities for purchasement ofcourse :P