Aggressive and complex GOA-trance

Guest transphere

Most goa/psy released nowadays bores me, I want more energy, more complex and aggressive melodies, more power. Maybe there are some artists today that I don't know about who produces the kind of goa I like. I hope you can help me out here.

Okay, here are some really awesome goa songs. Maybe you can help me find something similar, and... the newer the better.

Astral Projection - Let There Be Light

Juno Reactor - Feel The Universe

Juno Reactor - Mars

Man With No Name - Possessed

Psychaos - Keyboard Window

RA - Reign of Madness

Tandu - Visually Disorted

UX - Master of The Universe

I also like stuff by Space Buddha, Psydrop, Rastaliens, Talamasca and so on... but their songs are to "kind", not aggressive and/or melodic enough (I mean that complex type of melodies). Sienis is pretty good too. I also like Shakta, Transwave, Jaïa, Space Tribe, Etnica, Dimension 5, Chi-A.D., old MFG... but there's something missing among all those artists mentioned... lack of spirit, atmosphere, energy etc. Hallucinogen is very good too, but not aggressive enough. Hux Flux is awesome, but not melodic enough. Music from BooM! Records and Schlabbaduerst sure is aggressive (and good), but lacks in complex melodies, and is too industrial and not "clean" enough.

Imagine the rythm of Absolum & Hux Flux - Caramel with some really complex yet clean Dimension 5/Shakta/RA/Juno Reactor/Sienis-melodies on top of it, and you'll probably have the kind of music I'm searching for.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :-)

Guest transphere

I've heard one song by Psychopod: "Dreampod", pretty good one... but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

And I've never liked Koxbox that much although their old stuff is much better than their newer songs. Too slow, and I don't like the rythms.

Guest fugelpitch

do you listen to pleiadians to? probably, but otherwise get all they have made. it's the etnica guys.

I think modulation from the "family of light" cd sounds pretty much like your utopia song. =)

Guest andrejcid

also battle of the future buddhas sound quite much like the music u r looking for. u've got agression and, melodies and very good developement of the tracks.

another thing u might like is fractal glider - powerful melodic psychodelia

try them both

cheers!

Guest Kristian

I know exactly what you mean since I'm also into that sort of genre. My favourites are also UX and Tandu. You should try Slide - Unstable (the album), Pigs in space, Pleiadians and Crop Circles. The last couple of years there has only been Psydrop and Fractal Glider with albums with enough of melodies and at the same time aggressive worth buying.

Also, check out my two tracks composed under the HALOSIAN name at:

http://evolutionspring.hypermart.net

If you listen to them, please leave some feedback, thanks.

Yes i agree with the guy who mentioned Battle Of The Future Buddhas (and the swedish psycho-forest style in general). Try listening to the the tracks Domestic Bliss and Transportamental, they sound exaclty like the stuff you're looking for. Let me know what you think about them ;)

nice post!

Guest phaeton

aggressive and powerful old school goa huh? you're lucky, being psychic and all makes me know exactly what track you're looking for: it's "where are you?" by orichalcum ;)

Guest transphere

Thanks for all replies!

Okay...

I allready know about Battle of The Future Buddhas, and they're definitely one of my favourite groups. Hard to pick a favourite song though, but as Mesiaz mentioned Domestic Bliss and Tranceportamental are two very good ones. I also like their more progressive songs, e.g. Lord of The Dance, Silver Surfer, The Other Way Around. Excellent tracks.

Fractal Glider, very good too, but a bit strange. The best song I've heard by him is Colonization, the second half of Language of Silence is very good too.

Goagabba recommended Pleiadians - Modulation, I hadn't heard that track before, but I knew about group. That track was very good although the melodies were a bit repetitive and boring, I want more variation, but the rythm was very good.

Here are some other songs I like...

Bypass Unit - Nanosphere Courier <--- Ohhh yeeeaaah! The first half is awesome!

Chi-A.D. - Creeping Gravity <--- Cool melodies, but like most stuff by Chi-A.D. there are so many sounds that you get exhausted.

Hux Flux - Errorhead

Jaïa - Brainstorm <--- Between 03:15 and 03:30 I just want to start crying because it's so f-cking good!

M.O.S. - Lunar Church <--- In my opionion one of the most psychedelic songs ever, and definitely MOS' best.

Pharagonescia - Pharatropic <--- Not aggressive, but good rythm and very good melodies with variation. Maybe it's too cheesy and too much "pop". But it's still very good.

RA - Universal Key <--- So sweet that I want to eat the song.

Space Cat - Power Up <--- Very good melody, but that's it.

Keep posting awesome goatrance songs and/or recommend artists/compilations/albums you think I might like.

What about Cosmosis? Listened to Spores From Space and the two first albums?

Or Neuromotor? Although it might not be exactly what you're looking for, try listening to the track Organic Confusion remix from Scrambled Heads, very aggresive and cool 'melody', especially in the end. .....hmm....when I think about it, this might be what you're looking for, as it got groove and a sort of melodies...give it a try!

Pigs In Space (another Ofer project), try "Who Is Feeling Normal".

And if you like Bypass Unit, try "Higher Spirituality", I reckon this track doesn't fit the description you gave 100%, but nevertheless it's a very good track!

And since you like old MFG I just have to tell you their two best tracks ;) "To Eternity" and "Illumination", if you havn't heard those it's time to do so!

Guest Goagabba

Goagabba recommended Pleiadians - Modulation, I hadn't heard that track before, but I knew about group. That track was very good although the melodies were a bit repetitive and boring, I want more variation, but the rythm was very good.

uhhm, no I didn't ; ) that was fugelpitch, I say you should try Alien Safari comp, or Emergence : )

I'm definately into the very stuff you described, too and I hop I've got some worthy recommendations for you:

Pleiadians - Alcyone (best melodic peak ever), Electra (rough, agressive, melodic), Pleiadians (they do have a track called "Pleiadians", don't they?), Moon In Your Window (might take a while to grow on you but it's a killer), maybe Headspin

Hallucinogen - Space Pussy, Spiritual Antiseptic

Jaia - Nasty Angel

Toi Doi - Replicant, Up Days (maybe some others)

Shakta - Of The Essence, Between Worlds

Amanite FX - Maximum Psy (it's got its name for a reason)

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Cor, Rock Bitch, Atomic Armadillo

Etnica - Resistance, Vibra

Electric Universe - Electric Pulse, Stardiver, Neutron Dance (not very agressive but very melodic with powerful bass)

Children of Paradise - El Nino, Fairy in the Dragonforest, Alien Nation 1

Chi Ad - Astral Warrior, Eye Am the I

Battle of the Future Buddhas - Tigerhill

The Delta - Travelling at the Speed of Thought (one of the more "melodic" delta tracks but still a killer)

Chosmochaos - Fields of Vibration

Ticon - We Are The Mammoth Hunters (MOS Rmx) (not very agressive, but good rythm and nice psychedelic melodies)

Hux Flux - Bring Your Own Bios (not quite as rough as Errorhead, but still very good)

Midi Miliz - Soopercharge, Restore My Soul (rather minimal but VERY powerful)

Absolum - Ultimatum 138 (see above)

there you go, hope you like some ;)

Guest transphere

Thanks for all recommendations!

Even though I've heard most the the music you guys have recommended to me this thread has been important, because I now know there are many others the same kind of music as I do... which is very satisfying to know ;-)

• 15 years later...