Results for Best of 2006!

moni

This is almost suntrip's second home, Mars and Anoebis are the managers so I find it quite biased that for 3 consecutive years we have a Suntrip release at number 1....

Anyway, it's still much better quality than tops at other sites.

Suntrip should advise people to not vote for their releases you mean :huh:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't like it therefore it's crap". Grow some perspective, will you. Well done for deciding on your favourite 2007 releases already though, even though they're not all released yet. Takes guts to commit so early in the year. As for the genres thing, does the phrase "definition is limitation" mean anything to you?

Scuse my irascibility, I've just got up and haven't had breakfast yet.

:lol:

oh well, whatever. i dont care

but i AM always right about these things. you should prolly listen to me!!! lest you make a foo outta yerself

Hi everyone. I am happy to see people enjoyd the Heliopolis album :) Thanx for voting. I hope 2007 will bring us some nice music and a good psychedelic year! Also, look out for my sideproject K.O.B. (album will be out out in a few months). Hope u will enjoy it as much as i do making it :)

Take care / Jannis Filteria

Hi everyone. I am happy to see people enjoyd the Heliopolis album :) Thanx for voting. I hope 2007 will bring us some nice music and a good psychedelic year! Also, look out for my sideproject K.O.B. (album will be out out in a few months). Hope u will enjoy it as much as i do making it :)

Take care / Jannis Filteria

you did a good job, mate! cant wait to hear kob!

love ya!

As for the genres thing, does the phrase "definition is limitation" mean anything to you?

Well, at least a division between chill and non-chill shouldn't be too much limitation even for the most adamant anticompartmentalist...? :P

I think it would be a good idea to separate the chill from the rest when doing the best of '07, but i think separating fullon/psy/prog/whatever into separate lists will be very difficult since everyone will have their own opinion on which album belongs to which category.

[Edit:] By the way, Colin, great job on Free Range, love it! ^^

You can never please everyone. :)

As i said, the bigger the database gets, the more relevant the results will be!

Nobody was influenced in their votes, and i can bet that nobody voted for certain releases just because it was "fashinable" or "hyped" or anything.

You can never please everyone. :)

As i said, the bigger the database gets, the more relevant the results will be!

Nobody was influenced in their votes, and i can bet that nobody voted for certain releases just because it was "fashinable" or "hyped" or anything.

mars wasnt influenced to vote filteria #1??

ooooo kay!!!

thats pretty vain to vote for that.

mars wasnt influenced to vote filteria #1??

ooooo kay!!!

thats pretty vain to vote for that.

Why do you think Mars and Anoebis would have signed Filteria if not because they liked his music?

Nice to finally have the results, good work.

Some comments:

1. If there are only 76 participants spread over 24 countries there is really no reason why the bars should show the percentage, the absolute numbers are just as valid and more interesting.

2. Reconsider if the current form of voting is relevant. 87 % of all releases in the contest received less then 5 votes and the median number of received votes is 1. That is, most albums only received one vote. A problem with this kind of ranking is that the voter is forced to rank a number of releases even though he or she might not feel that there's that big of a difference between the top five releases.

3. Another alternative way is too divide the contest into two parts. Step one is to let anyone nominate albums, let's say ten albums. The second step is the actual voting phase where only albums that received more then let's say five nominees are allowed to partake in the actual contest.

4. If only the number of received votes is taken into account and not the ranking/points then the list would look slightly different. The first column represents the new order and the second column the current order and the third column is the name of the album/compilation. Filteria is still number one, but OOOD is moved one step up and Jikkenteki one step down. Electrypnose is moved from 14 to 8 and the New Order compilation from 30 to 13.

1 1 Filteria - Heliopolis

2 3 O.O.O.D. - Free Range

3 2 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

4 5 KoxBox - U-Turn

5 4 Ka-Sol - Fairytale

6 6 Vibrasphere - Archipelago

7 7 Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers

8 14 Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies

9 10 Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

10 8 Androcell - Efflorescence

11 8 V/A - Pyramidal Trancendence

11 10 Quasar - One Day

11 10 V/A - Peace Therapy Vol.2

12 13 V/A - God Save The Machine

13 19 Human Blue - Misstarryas Xperience

13 30 V/A - New Order

Nice thoughts Trolsk. My suggestion would be to allow people to vote for more than a top 5, since there weren't that many voters this year so more votes would allow for a statistically more meaningful chart. I agree that a top 10 would be good, in which people could leave the last few blank if they didn't want to nominate that many albums. Also having the scores range from 1 to 10 would be better than 1 to 5, since for example I felt that my no.5 album of the year deserved more than one fifth the credit of my no.1 album, and I expect a lot of people would agree.

edit: I don't mean to suggest that Moni didn't do a great job this time round, because she did, obviously.

Why do you think Mars and Anoebis would have signed Filteria if not because they liked his music?

uh, out of 10 thousand+ psy artists in the world, they sure are lucky to work with the BEST EVER, huh? and im sure all the best psy artists in the world are just dying to be signed to suntrip. but they only accept the BEST, right?

i still see some brown nosing going on.

jannis might as well have just voted for himself! im sure he likes his own music, no?

I was surprised to see my project in the top 10. All aplogies to those who feel I didn't deserve a place there. Thanks to those who remebered the album this long. :blink:

No need to apologies :D Nobody has a right to be in top 10 only a chance... and people should respect other peoples choices as much as they respect their own! :P

Well, at least a division between chill and non-chill shouldn't be too much limitation even for the most adamant anticompartmentalist...? :P

I think it would be a good idea to separate the chill from the rest when doing the best of '07, but i think separating fullon/psy/prog/whatever into separate lists will be very difficult since everyone will have their own opinion on which album belongs to which category.

[Edit:] By the way, Colin, great job on Free Range, love it! ^^

I agree a division between non-down-midtempo stuff from the highttempo-trancy stuff would be good! I personally think its difficult to put it all into a joined-list and even more so when its only a top 5..... well just my thoughts :)

No need to apologies :D Nobody has a right to be in top 10 only a chance... and people should respect other peoples choices as much as they respect their own! :P

I agree a division between non-down-midtempo stuff from the highttempo-trancy stuff would be good! I personally think its difficult to put it all into a joined-list and even more so when its only a top 5..... well just my thoughts :)

non-down-midtempo?

uh, out of 10 thousand+ psy artists in the world, they sure are lucky to work with the BEST EVER, huh?

Has Mars ever said that Filteria is the best ever psy-artist? Or are you making a fairly large leap of faith from the fact that he said that Heliopolis was his favourite album of 2006?

and im sure all the best psy artists in the world are just dying to be signed to suntrip. but they only accept the BEST, right?

Look, the Best of 2006 votes were about personal taste. By voting Filteria as no.1, he was saying that he personally likes his music, which was also presumably the reason why he personally signed him to his personal record label. Nothing sinister about that. Note further that Suntrip is one of about one label that is actually releasing stuff that has the old school Goa sound nowadays, so it's hardly surprising that acts which have that sound (and which are therefore likely to make it into Mars' best of 2006 list) would end up signed to Mars' label.

jannis might as well have just voted for himself! im sure he likes his own music, no?

He did.

Has Mars ever said that Filteria is the best ever psy-artist? Or are you making a fairly large leap of faith from the fact that he said that Heliopolis was his favourite album of 2006?

Look, the Best of 2006 votes were about personal taste. By voting Filteria as no.1, he was saying that he personally likes his music, which was also presumably the reason why he personally signed him to his personal record label. Nothing sinister about that. Note further that Suntrip is one of about one label that is actually releasing stuff that has the old school Goa sound nowadays, so it's hardly surprising that acts which have that sound (and which are therefore likely to make it into Mars' best of 2006 list) would end up signed to Mars' label.

He did.

awww!!!! someones in love!!!

uh, out of 10 thousand+ psy artists in the world, they sure are lucky to work with the BEST EVER, huh?

I'm sure Mars and Anoebis absolutely love Filteria and the other artists on Suntrip. After all, they work hard for not much return to release their music. For them, I'm very sure that Filteria etc. write some of the best music in the world. What would it say about their commitment had they voted someone else in the top spot?

And I see a troll. Not quite in the same league as Ishwara/pants-on-u-head/acid fart or whatever he's calling himself on Psynews today, but a troll nonetheless.

If I'd voted in this poll I'd for sure have put OOOD - Free Range in the top spot. Why? Because I think it's fucking great.

uh, out of 10 thousand+ psy artists in the world, they sure are lucky to work with the BEST EVER, huh? and im sure all the best psy artists in the world are just dying to be signed to suntrip. but they only accept the BEST, right?

Mister gumballs, you are saying lots of things here. In these things I don't recognize at all the way we are running Suntrip, working with our artists, or interacting with Psynews...

I won't even answer your bullshit, i'm pityfull about you and your anger.

I also believe you know a lot and write a lot about us for a 25-posts member. Do we know each other ?

I believe so, and you're just too much of a coward to write under your own name.

Get lost.

Mister gumballs, you are saying lots of things here. In these things I don't recognize at all the way we are running Suntrip, working with our artists, or interacting with Psynews...

I won't even answer your bullshit, i'm pityfull about you and your anger.

I also believe you know a lot and write a lot about us for a 25-posts member. Do we know each other ?

I believe so, and you're just too much of a coward to write under your own name.

Get lost.

jesus christ! you dont have to be an asshole, man! i didnt do anything to you!!!

wtf???