Results for Best of 2006!

moni

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Moni and congratulations Psynewsers for putting some of the worst albums of 2007 in the top10 and missing out the true gems like Sensient, Triac Perfect Stranger :(

Oh well atleast OOOD, Koxbox and Vibrasphere are in the top10

Which of the Top 10 do you think were the worst of 2007? The worst???

Which of the Top 10 do you think were the worst of 2007? The worst???

Pavel had a thing against Ka-Sol, for some strange reason. Maybe because Charlie disliked it, too (because I liked it). Which means it's ultimately my fault. :P

Guest The Journey Man Project

jeesus! its not half obvious... if you hang out, own or have anything to do with this forum then you are the most popular :angry: ... and here I was thining it had to do with the music :lol:

This is almost suntrip's second home, Mars and Anoebis are the managers so I find it quite biased that for 3 consecutive years we have a Suntrip release at number 1....

Anyway, it's still much better quality than tops at other sites.

Pavel had a thing against Ka-Sol, for some strange reason. Maybe because Charlie disliked it, too (because I liked it). Which means it's ultimately my fault. :P

Personally i don't like the Ka-Sol album either and i'm actually a bit surprised that it's so damn popular.

My problem with it is mainly that i'm allergic to all those painfully disharmonic "melodies" that dominate some tracks... If you don't mind disharmony, though, i suppose it could be nice.

Since everyone insist it's so damn good, maybe i should give it another chance.

Well from the top ten I really loved

002 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

007 Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers

008 Androcell - Efflorescence

so for me it's quite reflective of the music. Not just MY personal taste although there is a bit of mine in there

001 Filteria - Heliopolis => Uses Psynews.org to advertise self and is a part of Suntrip owned b the forum admin.

002 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home => regular self promoter and meber on Psynews.org

003 O.O.O.D. - Free Range => Regular membe and user of Psynews.org

004 Ka-Sol - Fairytale

005 KoxBox - U-Turn

006 Vibrasphere - Archipelago

009 V/A - Pyramidal Trancendence

010 Quasar - One Day

010 Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

Jess the Suntrip crew who own this forum and the other top 3 artists mush have sore dicks from all the cock sucking going on here... they must be drained of their juices! What a wank of a poll...

001 Filteria - Heliopolis => Uses Psynews.org to advertise self and is a part of Suntrip owned b the forum admin.

002 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home => regular self promoter and meber on Psynews.org

There is nothing wrong with advertising!

I would never have heard of Jikkenteki if it wasn't this forum but I am very glad that I did as this CD was my favourite of 2006, easily!

I don't think many of the people that voted are sycophants! I like Jikkenteki but if I didn't like his music then I wouldn't have voted for it.

004 Ka-Sol - Fairytale

005 KoxBox - U-Turn

010 Quasar - One Day

Jess the Suntrip crew who own this forum and the other top 3 artists mush have sore dicks from all the cock sucking going on here... they must be drained of their juices! What a wank of a poll...

Ugh ! And even though if it is biased poll a little bit, you should choose your words man, cause no one can take you seriously if you discuss something in that way.... Blaaaaaaaaah ! Grow up ! I thought that you are already grown up... so what if alll 3 of them are members here... The last sentence you made surpassed ALL of radi's nonsense sentences.... I mean, you sound so primitive and miserable to speak in such manner. Disgusting, really. :ph34r:

Ugh ! And even though if it is biased poll a little bit, you should choose your words man, cause no one can take you seriously if you discuss something in that way.... Blaaaaaaaaah ! Grow up ! I thought that you are already grown up... so what if alll 3 of them are members here... The last sentence you made surpassed ALL of radi's nonsense sentences.... I mean, you sound so primitive and miserable to speak in such manner. Disgusting, really. :ph34r:

+1.

Remember it was the users HERE that voted for the albums, not the 'suntrip crew'.

I probably shouldn't bother responding at all, but I have always made an effort to avoid self promotion here, especially since I've been a member here since around 2000 or so, I kind of feel the need to comment. Due to PAR-2's business, yes, we have occasionally done the odd cd giveaway here and there, but that has been about the extant of my active promotion on these forums. Any hype that my album has had on this site is more due to people like Abasio than anything I have actively done.

004 Ka-Sol - Fairytale

005 KoxBox - U-Turn

010 Quasar - One Day

Wow, for someone who cries about other people being disrespectful all the time, you sure don't hold back yourself do you?

As far as people saying we had a bias to forum members during the poll, I am not sure what you really expect.

Sure, the reason we even HEARD of some of these CDs was because they were mentioned here. It's pretty hard for me to vote for a CD I've never heard, let alone heard OF.

Colin is a great member of the forum here, he releases a CD with his band I buy it, listen to it, and lo and behold I actually like it and vote for it.

Ka-Sol and Filteria release a CD, the forum is hosted by Suntrip, and I love what Suntrip does for us and for the scene. Filteria visits the site on occasion...I buy the CDs, I listen to them, I like them, and am glad I purchased them, but no, I didn't believe they were Top 5 material IN MY OPINION, so I didn't vote for them. Amazing how that works!

I voted for CDs that I PURCHASED and thought were Top 5 material. If I didn't vote for your special CD, it may not have been because I was stuffing ballots for my friends, it was likely because I never knew the damn CD even existed.

For Pavel, you know what..I only knew of Sensient because you promoted it here. I have thanked you for introducing me to Sensient. It almost made my top 5, as you can see in my vote posts. Should it automatically have been forbidden from my list because someone here at Psynews (YOU) promoted it to me?

As far as people saying we had a bias to forum members during the poll, I am not sure what you really expect.

Sure, the reason we even HEARD of some of these CDs was because they were mentioned here. It's pretty hard for me to vote for a CD I've never heard, let alone heard OF.

Colin is a great member of the forum here, he releases a CD with his band I buy it, listen to it, and lo and behold I actually like it and vote for it.

Ka-Sol and Filteria release a CD, the forum is hosted by Suntrip, and I love what Suntrip does for us and for the scene. Filteria visits the site on occasion...I buy the CDs, I listen to them, I like them, and am glad I purchased them, but no, I didn't believe they were Top 5 material IN MY OPINION, so I didn't vote for them. Amazing how that works!

I voted for CDs that I PURCHASED and thought were Top 5 material. If I didn't vote for your special CD, it may not have been because I was stuffing ballots for my friends, it was likely because I never knew the damn CD even existed.

For Pavel, you know what..I only knew of Sensient because you promoted it here. I have thanked you for introducing me to Sensient. It almost made my top 5, as you can see in my vote posts. Should it automatically have been forbidden from my list because someone here at Psynews (YOU) promoted it to me?

Yes Pavel is evil & all he touches will corrupt you, the forum & nature as we know it!

:P

To Drosphilia: fact is people on Psynews are more oldschoolers than fulloners, that's part of the answer.

Yes. plus we're fucking way cooler coz....we like, we just are! :P

There'd be no new-school without old-school. The mainstream is trendy. It's hard to ignore because it's the general IN thing right now. But NOW always changes so it's nice to have a real established non-jaded art like er.. GOATRANCE!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done. I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, my sister, and.. just kiddin.

By the way, we SHOULD do simplify things and have two lists. BEST TOP 5 COMPS are in one. BEST TOP 5 MAIN ALBUMS in another. We can have a third list for best downtempo album of the year since DOWNTEMPO is literally another genre outside of psytrance even if it's related and connected in a sense. Think about this. Some or all of it makes sense, in my opinion.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh....its such a psynews best of 2006.... :rolleyes: ...just an observation...

I hope that next year's "best of" voting will differentiate between compilations and albums...full-on, progressive & chillout..

To Drosphilia: fact is people on Psynews are more oldschoolers than fulloners, that's part of the answer.

About that, I'd like to thank all Psynewsers for voting for our artists and our label. This is a great reward, this gives us much energy to continue !!! We have a few thingies in store for you guys before the end of the year, you'll see :)

:lol: I thought so! Well I don't care if there is some tendencies bias'ness... cus its still just people's votes (and they can do what they want with them, almost) and its all just made for the fun of it.... :) Would be fun to see a poll of all 2006s CDs, Vinyls, mp3 releases sold and see how it fits with the collective taste here ;)

Does anybody know if such list exists?

To every person wheter you are a user or just a guest,

I apologise for my tackie and vulgar comments last night. I was a bit drunk and in a bad mood but it is not an excuse. What I wrote was pathetic and immature.

I take it all back and I want to formally apologise to any member or artist of the Suntrip crew, Jikkenti (whom was awesome enough to send me an autogrpahed copy of his album when I was in Japan) and Oood who has been friend to me on here even when I have been a wanker.

I hope you do not judge me to harshly on this as mostly I'm just a bit of a harmless floater here. I think I propably deserve a warning for this, but it's up to the mods.

Again, please do not judge met to harshly.

Sincerely,

Michael Dwyer (dream-fusion@hotmail.com)

Don't worry about it Mike!

We still love ya :D

Agreed!

It takes a big man to publicly apologize, especially on a forum.

Kudos to you Mike!

:D

To every person wheter you are a user or just a guest,

I apologise for my tackie and vulgar comments last night. I was a bit drunk and in a bad mood but it is not an excuse. What I wrote was pathetic and immature.

I take it all back and I want to formally apologise to any member or artist of the Suntrip crew, Jikkenti (whom was awesome enough to send me an autogrpahed copy of his album when I was in Japan) and Oood who has been friend to me on here even when I have been a wanker.

I hope you do not judge me to harshly on this as mostly I'm just a bit of a harmless floater here. I think I propably deserve a warning for this, but it's up to the mods.

Again, please do not judge met to harshly.

Sincerely,

Michael Dwyer (dream-fusion@hotmail.com)

i didnt notice anything bad... you werent tthat out of line haha!

and i think this next years psy/chill/fullon different lists is a good idea! it helps out those who are more into one style than the other, since psy IS getting big enough to break up into new sub genres... lets say i only love prog... this list only complicates things by being too general, you see?

in that case, i think va - tribal matrix should have stole first place in the chillout, vibrasphere, or liquid soul, in prog, and IMO, no one won in the psy or fullon genres. no. not even koxbox, with their worst album ever by far. they used to have something SOOO unique... now they lost it. :(

need i remind you all with my disgust for filteria? yes i love goa... but its dead. do something NEW with it, like khetzal did, or STFU!

2007 will rule tho, with the prometheus, and younger brother, and ott and synsun... im pretty sure they take up 4/5 of my vote next year.

i didnt notice anything bad... you werent tthat out of line haha!

and i think this next years psy/chill/fullon different lists is a good idea! it helps out those who are more into one style than the other, since psy IS getting big enough to break up into new sub genres... lets say i only love prog... this list only complicates things by being too general, you see?

in that case, i think va - tribal matrix should have stole first place in the chillout, vibrasphere, or liquid soul, in prog, and IMO, no one won in the psy or fullon genres. no. not even koxbox, with their worst album ever by far. they used to have something SOOO unique... now they lost it. :(

need i remind you all with my disgust for filteria? yes i love goa... but its dead. do something NEW with it, like khetzal did, or STFU!

2007 will rule tho, with the prometheus, and younger brother, and ott and synsun... im pretty sure they take up 4/5 of my vote next year.

"I don't like it therefore it's crap". Grow some perspective, will you. Well done for deciding on your favourite 2007 releases already though, even though they're not all released yet. Takes guts to commit so early in the year. As for the genres thing, does the phrase "definition is limitation" mean anything to you?

Scuse my irascibility, I've just got up and haven't had breakfast yet.