Results for Best of 2006!

moni

Hello psynewsers!

As a consequence of the "Best of 2006" thread, I now have the pleasure to announce you that I finally have the results ready! With all my apologies for the long delay, I present you the results of the BEST OF 2006 exercise.

Click here to see the best releases of 2006!

There are a couple of typos, that we will fix shortly.

If you would like to compare this year's results with last year's, click here to access the 2005 best releases and votes.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that next year our database will get bigger.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

001 Filteria - Heliopolis

002 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

003 O.O.O.D. - Free Range

004 Ka-Sol - Fairytale

005 KoxBox - U-Turn

006 Vibrasphere - Archipelago

007 Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers

008 Androcell - Efflorescence

009 V/A - Pyramidal Trancendence

010 Quasar - One Day

010 Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

I see many of non psy names like Biosphere and Pete Namlook on the list but there is no TRENTEMOLLER ! I mean, WTF ? :blink:

I see many of non psy names like Biosphere and Pete Namlook on the list but there is no TRENTEMOLLER ! I mean, WTF ? :blink:

Obvioulsy i couldn't take the time to listen to all releases that got voted.

I asked in the thread which releases should be left outside the chart?

Nobody mentioned Biosphere or Namlook.

You people should make up your mind about what our chart is about.

If necessary, i will make the modifications required. I just need a little help from you guys.

:)

Biosphere and Pete Namlook are ambient, downtempo releases if i'm not mistaking.

Trentemoller seems to be tech house, minimal, ambient.

I thought to leave house to the house genre.

Biosphere and Pete Namlook are ambient, downtempo releases if i'm not mistaking.

Trentemoller seems to be tech house, minimal, ambient.

I thought to leave house to the house genre.

It is not actually house, but ok, I just mentioned it coz I remember many people voting for him, even me. :D

double post: delete

Always thankful that you're willing to do this Moni. I too hope that this year is a far more interesting and anticipated one, and that the database gets bigger too, more votes! :)

Why is it suntrip "always" tops on labels charts here? :P

This is Suntrips second home. :)

This site makes it friendly and possible for me and others to sample, post feedback, and review their next release. In the big picture of things Suntrip puts together and releases solid, exceptionally well done (more or less) albums back-to-back. Mars and Aneobis got the goatrance thing down and I don't know any other label to date currently releasing goa or psy that is working this consistently solid, regardless that many labels sell or market more albums. Most of their music is generic shit that DJ's will even forget about sooner or later. These Suntrip releases are memorable to date even if one or two Ka-Sol tracks on the Ka_Sol album were ugh.

I didn't think Filteria would win it initially. Where were some of these people on the review thread who voted? Heliopolis was on my top two favorite albums of 2006. Some of those new songs were so energetic, layered, and catchy. It wasn't all climax while being the most energetic, super-sonic psytrance album of the year. Less reviews seemed to be present in the review thread for Filteria's Heliopolis relative to Sky Input. I just didn't get it. I remember the debut had massive anticipation, buzz, and reception here leading up to it's release and notification on this site. In retrospect the hype was real regardless what you thought because the samples were released earlier on. The album was a fucking tornado on a large scale in underground music and goa/psy trance. It was amazing how climactic and how many climaxes were in his first album.. Actually it was too much for many people so I think they didn't buy the second cause they had enough, haha. Okay, there were other reasons but the follow-up was really well done. The first was more impressive for what it was but also very one-dimentional in a sense. The second was more thoughtful and well paced without losing the spirit or Pleiadians style and touch developed into Filteria's new songs.

I'm surprised the Electrypnose album was so far down the list. That was in a good amount of lists I remember. I thought it would be in the top 10 at least.

05. KoxBox - U-Turn

06. Vibrasphere - Archipelago

07. Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers

08. Androcell - Efflorescence

I don't remember those albums getting many reviews but many it's because I didn't care for them to begin with. I therefore wasn't as conscientious of them. Hmmm..

Nice work!

I reposted the link on my Tribe blog, and on a local EDM board. Spread the disease, get people into the good stuff right away!

Fantastic work Moni :wub:... the same super-comprehensive job as last year :) Big big hugs to you...

On behalf of myself and the other guys in the band, thanks to everyone who voted for our album in their top 5. If my arms could reach that far I'd give you all a big hug too. Inseijn, I hope the new medication works better. ;)

Fantastic work Moni :wub:... the same super-comprehensive job as last year :) Big big hugs to you...

On behalf of myself and the other guys in the band, thanks to everyone who voted for our album in their top 5. If my arms could reach that far I'd give you all a big hug too. Inseijn, I hope the new medication works better. ;)

Thanks for the hug! :)

Great work Moni and congratulations Psynewsers for putting some of the worst albums of 2007 in the top10 and missing out the true gems like Sensient, Triac Perfect Stranger :(

Oh well atleast OOOD, Koxbox and Vibrasphere are in the top10

Great work Moni !

To Drosphilia: fact is people on Psynews are more oldschoolers than fulloners, that's part of the answer.

About that, I'd like to thank all Psynewsers for voting for our artists and our label. This is a great reward, this gives us much energy to continue !!! We have a few thingies in store for you guys before the end of the year, you'll see :)

Aaah, finally!

Very nice to see the results! BIG thanks to you, Moni :)

Nice statistics...

Oh yeah ? Tricky one ? I should go and complain in Moderation Topic about non fair 2006 results... :P:D

Well Lemodie got in there, which is IDM-Ambient, so why not The Last Resort? Been listening to it and would classify it as psychedelic... Great minimal tech house / idm :)

Well Lemodie got in there, which is IDM-Ambient, so why not The Last Resort? Been listening to it and would classify it as psychedelic... Great minimal tech house / idm :)

Exactly my point... :rolleyes:;)

001 Filteria - Heliopolis

002 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

003 O.O.O.D. - Free Range

004 Ka-Sol - Fairytale

005 KoxBox - U-Turn

006 Vibrasphere - Archipelago

007 Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers

008 Androcell - Efflorescence

009 V/A - Pyramidal Trancendence

010 Quasar - One Day

010 Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

WooT.... I knew it!!

Jikkenteki & OOOD in the top 3!

Fantastic job Moni & well worth the wait, awesome! :D

Congratulations to all the Artists that made it in the top 10!

A special heart-felt congratulations to Filteria, Jikkenteki & OOOD!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Peace everyone!

Posted Image