Sub6 - Saved (EP)

Track List:

Sub6 - Saved

Sub6 - Stand with me

Sub6 - Ashkadakada

Sub6 & Intelabeam - Human Spin

Sub6 & Astrix - Control me

Just a short and compact review:

The last release 2004 "Who needs love songs" is still one of my favorite Psytrance albums. So the expectations were high and I was really excited when I found out about "Saved".

But after having gone through all tracks the album left me kind of puzzled. Disappointed.

Track 1 is pretty good, pushy, nice sounds and top notch production. But the female singer sounds...very commercial.

Same with Track 2, nice atmopshere and of high quality, but than again, at the end of the track these female vocals ("Stand with me!"). These parts sound really cheesy. I was listening to the track again after a couple of days and liked it more. Might these cheesy vocals be intended to be like that (in an ironic way), or does sub6 really think that's kind of cool??? As I wrote before, I am a bit puzzled there.

Track 3 is very boring, you know the sounds they use very well from the last album. It's not a bad thing to copy yourself, but hey - this track sounds like everything - but new.

Track 4 is ok, but I didn't get hooked.

Track 5 is good, average Psy, next to Track 1 the best on the album. But again: nothing special.

What has happened to Sub6? I like their funk & disco elements in the new EP, but besides the really high production quality there seems no progress compared to "Who needs...".

What do you think about the release?

their sound wasn't ever much more than commercial mainstream ass-fodder.

imo

Have you heard "To Experience"?

Anyways, the "Saved" EP isn't that bad really... far from their crunchy old sound, but still with some interesting ideas, that make them stand out from most of the israeli full on scene.

Anyways, the "Saved" EP isn't that bad really... far from their crunchy old sound, but still with some interesting ideas, that make them stand out from most of the israeli full on scene.

I wouldn't disagree there - "Saved" has its' moments,but the vocals are just strange. The production quality is great. But still. I don't get hooked...