tribal and ethnic samples

Guest The Journey Man Project

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'm looking to make more downtempo ethnic sounds withsynth over the top at around the 100-120bpm mark...

While Delay Lama and stuff is all good and fun, and there are plenty of kicks, cymbals and snares floating aorund... what about ethnic instrumnets? like drums and stringed instruments?

Ta,

Mike

just do a search for akai and different ethnic drums. i use to have one for my kurzweil, ancient instruments or something like that, nice multi samples of everything you could want. some instruments i never even heard of before.

should be able to pick up old akai disks on the cheap now too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to make more downtempo ethnic sounds withsynth over the top at around the 100-120bpm mark...

While Delay Lama and stuff is all good and fun, and there are plenty of kicks, cymbals and snares floating aorund... what about ethnic instrumnets? like drums and stringed instruments?

Please don't. We have enough shanti shanti ethno generic crap out there as it is... make something different? :)