05 confusion

06 lepton head 3 remix

07 we are the spoon

08 silence of the drums

~

HQ cover images:

front

back

BTW, thanks again to Anila C for designing my covers :)

~

feedback is welcome!

regards,

christoph

Woooot, I'm listening to your Lepton Head remix and apart from the fact that you

didn't upload your stuff in good quality (160 kbp/s :( ) I have to admit I'm impressed!

You really have a nice feeling for layers. Instead of spoiling the mystical touch

by dropping ten climaxes in one song, you constantly keep building. Further and further and further!

Now listening to 'we already were on mars'. Again i'm very satisfied with your choice of sounds & melodies.

It doesn't remind me of any other artist in particular, which is a good thing. New blood!

Well...keep going man! Did you already contacted Suntrip or Metapsychic records?

I'm pretty sure they would be interested in this as well ;)

this will take a whole age for me to d/l , kinda still usin low speed internet , then i done listnin i will drom my comments too :)

and yes , thanks for sharing :)

I downloaded this because i read the positive comments about this album above and i must say i don´t regret this. This is a album i would definately pay for, good music like this deserves to be aknowledged.

Keep up the good work and be sure to contact a record label, and hope to see your album in full in my CD-collection. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hello goa people! I advice to all of you to download this very good quality 100% goa album from Nolax which deserves, according to me, attention. He did a very good job for it with his own personal style, that's why we decided to give him a hand to promote a bit his music, releasing soon the first track of this album, "pareidolia", on the "VA/Human Hyperactivation" of metapsychic records. So you can listen to it in full quality. :) He has also some projects for a full quality released album.

Christoph, we are here to help you whenever you want. Keep in touch :)

Good work im listening to the lepton head mix, havent listened to the rest yet seems promising.

Regards

Diaks

Hi everybody,

i am truly stunned about the general feedback.

THANKS A LOT!

i myself am a big fan of old school goa trance and therefore feel deeply involved with this reanimation movement which is happening. give me some months to make some new tracks, i just rebuilt my sound studio and have to get into it - be assured there will be more goa to come.

Ch.

building and building climaxes? shweet! will return to feed your back ;p

Building and building climaxes isn't accurate per say. He continuously, gradually adds layers. He builds and develops the song without general climax or climaxes. Certain tracks are more climactic (energetic) than others, in that context.

IMO some awesome bursts of energy and imaginative buildups to climax and explosion is fun and generally great for dancing and dancefloors. Part of this sound brings part of Goa-Trance back to the earlier days, non Full On, mainstream days. It's quite nice actually.

NOLAX - PERSISTENCE

2007 - UNRELEASED

REVIEW and FEEDBACK

Posted Image

01. Pareidolia

02. We Already Were On Mars

03. Androids Do Dream

04. Autofab

05. Confusion

06. Lepton Head 3 Remix

07. We Are the Spoon

08. Silence Of the Drums

This is good work Christoph.

I like your ability at creating inspired Goa-Trance in what seems to be your own style. You've added your own flavor while using attractive sounds and melodies throughout. This is a big plus in my book. I decided to score each track as I would any other album. And yes I'm comparing your stuff to everything else out there, in Goa/Psy-Trance.

01. Pareidolia - B ... If you don't enjoy this you probably won't enjoy the album and I think few into goatrance will not like this. I find this a strikingly attractive, well done song to pull us into the journey. I really like the short, skipping effect that takes place around 3:50 - 3:53. It also sounds like something I heard on a Lost Buddha track. This track actually reminds me of a younger brother to Lost Buddha. Actually, Lost Buddha skips the sound in his track titled Southern Oracle exactly the way as used here. It's a great, dynamic effect and works well here to. Whether it's taken from that track or build from scratch is beyond me. Nonetheless, I love playful effects to the music like that!

02. We Already Were On Mars - B- / B ... The opening voice sample goes to this very well. There is a sound used which begins 0.28 seconds into this song. It's used as a melody and I find it very, VERY catchy. I like when artists find alien or different catchy sounds I haven't heard before and incorporate them into the mix. The piano is a nice touch too along with the ven catchier melody at 2:28 and a good leading melody takes appears at 2:52. The ambient notes are very attractive and top everything off. The beat disappears to accentuate the cool voice sample. This is one of the best tracks on the album. The only strange thing is that the songs length is around 7:20 and for some reason it downloaded as 9:03. I have a two minute block of silence after the song becomes silent beginning at 7:20 or so for some reason. :unsure:

03. Androids Do Dream - C ... While I find none of the songs on this album bad, I don't find this song or it's melodies, sounds, and ideas engaging or catchy. It's weak, less interesting than virtually all the other tracks here.

04. Autofab - B- / B ... This is refreshing compared to the last one and one of the better or best songs on the album! Cool melodies mixed with the guitar adds impact and umph, energy. I like it but it does begin to get more repetitive toward the last third with the guitar coming and going, repeat. It would have been great to eventually drop the repeating guitar and introduce some new sounds too!

05. Confusion - B- ... The song begins with good ambient sounds. This track has a very comfortable, gentle sound to it. It's relaxing, floating in a way until the beat speeds up a bit. It generally has more feeling than a handful of songs here due to the ambient notes I believe. I like the little, higher pitched melodies but little is exactly what they are. I prefer the melody at around 7:06. Having the ambient notes return is good. I suppose more supporting melodies and sounds in the second half would have been nice as it's almost like the track, some songs here repeat in a sense before. Overall the sound is nice and carries quite well throughout. I like the ambient notes and clicker sounds most noticeable in the final two seconds.

06. Lepton Head 3 Remix - B ... Based on this alone I like your style. I also like the distorted melody, sounds and how you minipulate the wave up and dwon. For example I really like how this sounds the first time and again at 6:28 to 6:54 before the overall song fades.

07. We Are the Spoon - C ... Interesting. The stronger kickdrum stands out but everything else doesn't in comparison I find. This is the weakest song on the album next to track 3. A couple melodies take place around a harder beat and that's it. When the track ends I don't remember it at all. This song needs some real attention on creating, bringing out, developing, and accentuating melodies and sounds around the repetitive kickdrum and bassline.

08. Silence Of the Drums - B- ... Nice. I like the catchy, danceable main melody around the other minipulated goa sounds. The voice sample is cooler when Anthony Hopkins voice goes... "You can fly back to school now little fly..." and how the music begins right after. I would have loved to see this thing explode at this point directly after the voice sample, or at least somewhere during the final third and become amazing, better than anything we heard previously, but it stays as a pretty good track.

If I were to be more critical I'd definitely say this artists songs generally seem to max out with development, layers, and sounds by the half way point. It's a great idea to work on creating change-up...making the song really lift-off or travel else where into a something superb towards the final third. This concept is shown very well in some of Khetzal's work, tracks like Djaningar for starters. This is so when we when we hear a song, it doesn't get repetitive!! It doesn't reveal most-to-all its magic and tricks to us half-way to two-thirds in. Some of your tracks are like a one trick pony. They ride and ride on a catchy sound without all that much happening past the half-way point that we haven't heard before. So if or when I hear a transition I'm expecting something cool to happen or the music to sound different, more layered or whatever.. but no surprise really happens. It simply continues for better (more) or worst (less).

Also, I like when I can't predict where the songs going the whole time. I feel like I can do that here. Each song generally follows one direction. The direction doesn't change. You add and remove sounds as opposed to involving more key/tempo changes within the same track and doing something to bring us elsewhere, making the adventure more adventurous because it's less predictable. Your sound is especially good I think for those into the always moving forward, forward, forward sound without twists, turns, real buildups, and climax. Some big and little surprises, twists and turns (climax or not) make the ride more fun along the way, in my opinion. I realize too much obvious change can go against that liquid flow, that art of goatrance and I'm sure you know this. That's why it's fun to experient and take changes, see what works. Go nuts, post a track and have feedback as you have here, an entire album! Your songs flow well from beginning to end and I find this less challanging the less adventurous and dynamic it is. More adventure done well would be very cool. And more atmosphere!

The other thing I noticed was the voice sample in track 2 from Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas has also been used by Velvet Acid Christ in a track titled Fun With Drugs on his Fun with Knives album. Really though, it isn't a big deal. This is a far from rare thing to happen in electronica music actually. It was just an observation.

This artist has much potential. He should definitely focus on further developing and improving the beauty (sounds, melodies, harmonies, soundscapes), power (energy), allure (intrigue, mystery), and depth (layers, feeling, emotion, heart) of your sound.

Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8.

B-

Christoph, I hope you enjoyed reading my words and review. I'd like to thank you for letting us download your entire album for free. It's always so kind when an artist does this and I really appreciate it when it's well made. Yours is made well no doubt. It's in the good range which is sometimes impressive to hear with unreleased matierial because I wonder how there's artists out there making stuff inferior to this they have deal, their making money. You deserve some credit and attention to say the least. I will be listening to your album on the sterio system in my car. :)

Building and building climaxes isn't accurate per say. He continuously, gradually adds layers. He builds and develops the song without general climax or climaxes. Certain tracks are more climactic (energetic) than others, in that context.

IMO some awesome bursts of energy and imaginative buildups to climax and explosion is fun and generally great for dancing and dancefloors. Part of this sound brings part of Goa-Trance back to the earlier days, non Full On, mainstream days. It's quite nice actually.

I was acknowledging what was said in an above post. dl'ing now. stll excited for this ;D nice thorough review.

first track ;O sounding ancient! delicious goa with acid strikes. reminds me so much of Ra.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas samples in track 2. really into the goacid twitchyness the whole song has ;D

Androids Do Dream is ok. gets a little sleepy. Autofab s kickin some serious heinie!

a lot of the songs say the length is longer when you are playing them and will have silence as mentioned. but when looking at the files properties it shows the real length. odd.

Confusion is real dreamy and soars all around at a relaxed speed. creates lots of headspace. it doesn't pull me in much. just gets me to flow with it. not a song I would play thinking it will feed my psychedelic munchies.

Lepton Head rmx sounds like a whole different song in general. enjoyed it like the rest so far.

We Are the Spoon - another cruiser. didn't lift me any higher.

Silence of the Drums - starting out with intensity. Jodie Foster and Hannibel Lector eh?? creepy dude ;p song seemed like it was going to have a killer lead but it didn't form. realizing just now maybe thats what was keeping me left floating on these songs. real distinc goa vibes are not there.

Autofab is my favorite. then 1&2 are tied for me 8)

this is well crafted goa but theres something about this kind that doesn't last long on the taste buds. as I said it reminds me of Ra at times and his 'To Sirius' album which did the same for me. it was heard, enjoyed. then it kinda fell out of my head. not something I would play again for that goa high. has something to do with the goasoul - missing an extra piece of life. its good but I just doze thru it.

Yeah I got the same impression. Btw. glad u added the covers Nolaxx. Any way we could get the fullsized versions of them?

I just added two links to the initial post.

about the mastering: you'll probably have noticed there are some tracks sounding worse, and some sounding better. mixing and mastering - for me - is something totally distinct and isolated from music itself, i am - as i am with music - evolving and trying my best. thanks to digitoxin (also a member of this forum) for "lending me an ear" (in the best sense of the word) and trying to help me to improve my sound.