Your most wanted albums

Jon Cocco

What albums do you most want that you can't find?

Too many great albums are not available.

A good amount of people spend YEARS on and off searching for an available copy of something. I'm tired of seeing so many albums NOT available on world-known sources like Psyshop, Saikosounds, Amazon, Amazon.co.uk, and rarely popping up and for a reasonable price Ebay. Don't saiko and psyshop know there are people across the world who want so many unavailable albums?! It's annoyinig. It's tedious. There should be an easier way. A great goatrance album for instance is often an original, sometimes groundbreaking work of art. The fact that it wasn't mainstream makes it more desirable and wanted, especially if it's catchy, and they often are! Finding a copy shouldn't feel like a brainbuster to locate. If the label goes bankrupt the artists should change their approach, contact a distributer, online retailer as mentioned above, or sell copies via their site.

MY MOST WANTED ALBUMS

BIOT - SATURATION

BLUE PLANET CORPORATION - BLUE PLANET - I really want this one.

DIMENSION 5's DEBUT ... (I've put so much energy (hopes, prayer) out there for this to happen since 2001. Thank you Suntrip...2007 re-release)

ETNICA - JUGGLING ALCHEMIST ... (I never heard even a sample from this one :( )

GREEN NUNS OF THE REVOLUTION - ROCK BITCH MAFIA ... (GREAT album!!!)

SEMSIS - LETTING GO ... (I never heard this other than the samples on Saikosounds. It sounded cool enough for me to want it)

TRANSWAVE - HYPNORHYTM EP ... (Cult-classic. I actually have a copy but lack the original artwork)

UX - ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE ... (This album rocks!!!)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are so many great, underrated goatrance albums not available now days??!

A good amount of people spend YEARS on and off searching for an available copy of something. I'm tired of seeing so many albums NOT available on world-known sources like Psyshop, Saikosounds, Amazon, Amazon.co.uk, and rarely popping up and for a reasonable price Ebay[/i].

It's annoyinig. It's tedious. There should be an easier way. A great goatrance album for instance is often an original, sometimes groundbreaking work of art. The fact that it wasn't mainstream makes it more desirable and wanted, especially if it's catchy, and they often are! Finding a copy shouldn't feel like a brainbuster to locate. If the label goes bankrupt the artists should change their approach, contact a distributer, online retailer as mentioned above, or sell copies via their site. Don't just quit and give up.

MY MOST WANTED ALBUMS

BIOT - SATURATION

BLUE PLANET CORP - BLUE PLANET ... I heard half of the album. Based on that this is superb, a goatrance classic.

DIMENSION 5's DEBUT ... I've put so much energy (hopes, prayer) out there for this to happen since 2001. Thank you Suntrip for this re-release.

ETNICA - JUGGLING ALCHEMIST

GREEN NUNS OF THE REVOLUTION - ROCK BITCH MAFIA ... (Great album btw)

SEMSIS - LETTING GO

UX - ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

SEMSIS - LETTING GO is not difficult to get - and isn't a great album in any case - but everyone has different opinions of course.

UX - ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE - imo a monster album which is FAR FROM DIFFICULT to get too!

ETNICA - JUGGLING ALCHEMIST is the most impossibile to get - on discogs there is one for sale @ €81-00 - quite fair price if you ask me. Imo this is even rarer than Transdimensional but is less sought.

I had to check my wantlist to find out which albums I'd like to have the most and here we are:

v/A - Boys In The Void

v/A - Retrodelica 2 - Back From The Future

v/A - White Rhino

v/A - Black Rhino

v/A - The Wizardy Of Oz

From what I know those comps are not as rare as the Dimension 4 or the Blue Planet Corporation album. Still those are the releases I would like to get my hands on the most. Haven't heard any samples but judging from reviews and the trackliste the must be totaly my thing.

For me it's quite simple: all the albums that are out of stocks...

Pleiadians-IFO and so on (I don't have the courage to write them all). And what's more shitty is I don't have enough money to buy all the things I want, so when I do get some money, half of what I want will be or is already out of stock...

For me, at this moment, my most wanted albums are:

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Hunab Ku - Magik Universe

Trance Experience 1 (Discobole)

Ptzatzot 1

Accidental Occidentalism

and when I have those, I must start a new hobby, because then my collection is reaching completion, and its rather a sad then a fun moment as I want more music... :) (well, I can start collecting ambient then, haha)

Etnica - Juggling is indeed very much sought, and 80€ seems like a fair price indeed... Tatsu, my housemate sells a sealed copy of Boyd in the void if you are interested.. :)

Trance mix 6

Adrenalin Drum - X-perimental goa

Hunab-ku - magik universe

Etnica- the juggeling alchemists...

You can get ux for very low prices on ebay and even discogs...its a brilliant space goa :D

Asia 2001 - Live

My budget for this is about 60 euro, which should not be totally impossible. But I've been patient for 11 years now... This is definitely #1 on my goa album wantlist.

Asia 2001 - Psykadelia

With this and Live I'll have completed all Trans'Pact CDs. I'm missing two vinyls as well. It would feel nice to have everything on Trans'Pact and both its sublabels... Doss House is already complete and on Subliminal I'm just missing one release.

Dimenion 5 - Transdimensional

Will settle for the re-relase since I have the triple vinyl. But if I can get it at 50 euro or so, of course I will buy it. But the current price of 200+ is out of my league.

Hunab Ku - Magik Universe

Made a somewhat cowardly bid on the cassette the other day, but didn't get it. Would prefer the CD of course.

---

In general I hardly collect any goa trance any more - I already have so much... I try to buy more ambient and drone music instead, as well as experimental electronica and certain types of black metal. Once I get ahold of the ones above I will spend even less time hunting rarities.

I'd have to say Accidental Occidentalism is the only album that I would take the effort to seek out.

For the original poster, if you go to lavamus.com, you can "sample" all the tracks on Juggling Alchemist (and various other "classic" goa/psy-trance albums) for free. I've found it a great resource for checking out if an original item is worth paying big €s for. At the end of the day, it might save you spending €80+ on something that you end up not liking!

Guest The Journey Man Project

Well it isn't exactly on topic but:

the new Astral Projection album (is good full on)

Hallucinogen Live official album or better... DVD... like the Son kite one...

V.A - "Flights 1-4" (Flying Rhino)

but I"m not willing to pay 30 Euro/Quid plus postage :o:huh::P:lol:

Guest antic

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Dimension 5 - Second Phase

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Cosmosis - Moonshine EP

Deviant Electronics - Brainwashing Is Childs Play

Etnica - The Juggeling...

Koxbox - Re-oscillation & Stratosfear

Paradise Connection - Paradise Connection

Transwave - Hypnorhythm EP

...and that's about it :)

Asia 2001 - Live

My budget for this is about 60 euro, which should not be totally impossible. But I've been patient for 11 years now... This is definitely #1 on my goa album wantlist.

well... Remember our talking a few months ago? :) I still have 1 brand new copy waiting here on you :P (and the booking as well, héhé)

most to 10 wanted:

D.I.D. - Astronomia

Electron Wave - Unrectainty Principle (Blue Moon), bought it with the other 3,others arrived, this one not, super sad experience.

Indoor - Progressive Trance

Orion - Futuristic Poetry (Symbiosis)

Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes

Transwave - Hypnorhythm

VA - Heavy Mental Music 1 (Polytox) had this in my hands in 2000 didnt buy.. why oh why.

VA - Trance In Japan (Krembo)

VA - Galactic Nebula (Trans'Pact)

VA - Survival Of The Trippest 2 (Dope Media)

:)

most to 10 wanted:

D.I.D. - Astronomia

Electron Wave - Unrectainty Principle (Blue Moon), bought it with the other 3,others arrived, this one not, super sad experience.

Indoor - Progressive Trance

Orion - Futuristic Poetry (Symbiosis)

Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes

Transwave - Hypnorhythm

VA - Heavy Mental Music 1 (Polytox) had this in my hands in 2000 didnt buy.. why oh why.

VA - Trance In Japan (Krembo)

VA - Galactic Nebula (Trans'Pact)

VA - Survival Of The Trippest 2 (Dope Media)

:)

I've got a mint copy of the recent Indoor rerelease if you're interested, but I suspect you want the original.

well... Remember our talking a few months ago? :) I still have 1 brand new copy waiting here on you :P (and the booking as well, héhé)

oooooh =) =) =) I haven't heard from the Rhakti Dei people yet though, but there is still plenty of time...

I should have added the original Futuris(t)ic Poetry in my list as well, because that and SYMBSP1 is all that's missing from my Symbiosis collection. I fear SYMBSP1 is much harder to find though.

oooooh =) =) =) I haven't heard from the Rhakti Dei people yet though, but there is still plenty of time...

I should have added the original Futuris(t)ic Poetry in my list as well, because that and SYMBSP1 is all that's missing from my Symbiosis collection. I fear SYMBSP1 is much harder to find though.

I will kick his ass again, but you are on the line up 100% confirmed, so he will get in touch with you shortly ;)

What albums do you most want that you can't find?

Too many great albums are not available.

A good amount of people spend YEARS on and off searching for an available copy of something. I'm tired of seeing so many albums NOT available on world-known sources like Psyshop, Saikosounds, Amazon, Amazon.co.uk, and rarely popping up and for a reasonable price Ebay. Don't saiko and psyshop know there are people across the world who want so many unavailable albums?! It's annoyinig. It's tedious. There should be an easier way. A great goatrance album for instance is often an original, sometimes groundbreaking work of art. The fact that it wasn't mainstream makes it more desirable and wanted, especially if it's catchy, and they often are! Finding a copy shouldn't feel like a brainbuster to locate. If the label goes bankrupt the artists should change their approach, contact a distributer, online retailer as mentioned above, or sell copies via their site.

MY MOST WANTED ALBUMS

BIOT - SATURATION

BLUE PLANET CORP - BLUE PLANET ... (I heard half of the album. Based on that this is superb, a goatrance classic)

DIMENSION 5's DEBUT ... (I've put so much energy (hopes, prayer) out there for this to happen since 2001. Thank you Suntrip for this re-release)

ETNICA - JUGGLING ALCHEMIST ... (I never heard even a sample from this one)

GREEN NUNS OF THE REVOLUTION - ROCK BITCH MAFIA ... (Great album btw)

SEMSIS - LETTING GO ... (I never heard this other than the samples...sounded cool enough for me to want it)

UX - ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

If you want, I know a Russian site, where you can listen to albums (entirety!!!) :lol:

It's a download site (legal) ;)

Etnica, Electric Universe, Paradise Connection, Asia 2001, Hunab Ku, Ubar Tmar, Ominus, Blue Planet Corporation, Deviant Electronic, Transwave, Todra, Space Buddha, Power Source, One Man Game, Adrenalin Drum, Imago, Aeon.........

it's a site comparable with SAIKOSOUNDS