Goa Trance and Girlfriends/boyfriends...

Anoebis

Girlfriend? What's that? :blink::unsure::P

Seriously, all the people I know just hate electronic music or they just like House or Daft Punk... When my mother listens to my music (because it's a bit loud), she says "oh, that's a nice melody", and that's all...

I made my friend listen to LSD, and the only thing he said was that the track was "spacy"...

Another time, I let another friend listen to Mahadeva, and the only thing he remembered from the song was the "Mahadeva" lyric (MaHAdevaaaaaa...).

Now I'm in an association with people that like electronic music, and there's a large variety of electronic music preferences (House, Dance, Hardtek, Techno, Hardcore, Prog Trance...), and they're pretty open minded, so they want me to play some Goa stuff. I already played them Koxbox-Acid Drome and Sideeffect and Prometheus-Samothraki, OK Computer and Universe and they really liked it. Now I think I can put some more "real" Psy-Goa stuff without being afraid... :D .

my girlfriend likes all the same stuff as me... good non-cheesy morning full-on and progressive and hates the screaming dark night trauma trance type stuff, just like me. she's also a very good dj and plays for a good label. where our tastes in psy differ is that i also like a lot of chill stuff, but she finds it too slow and boring ;)

Mine likes it at parties better than at home. Nowadays I listen far less psy/Goa so it´s perfectly ok. I don´t really care if she likes it or not that much really...as long as she can appreciate quality music in any form when we listen to it..and separate it from the worst pop crap. I think The doors and Alice in Chains is what she has to deal with most of the time :) What she really likes most is uplifting and happy music like reggae, while I like melancholia and a bit "down" music . You know.. the Finnish mentality.. dvelve in you missery :P

my girlfriend likes all the same stuff as me... good non-cheesy morning full-on and progressive and hates the screaming dark night trauma trance type stuff, just like me. she's also a very good dj and plays for a good label. where our tastes in psy differ is that i also like a lot of chill stuff, but she finds it too slow and boring

comes in rather handy if you are playing together often now doesnt it :P

.. none of the girls i dated really liked goa, they all said it was weird, strange and definetely wrong (one even said this is the music for those who lost the meaning of life and liked to stare at a wall because unable to do any constructive things.. ahhaha)!

My ex liked it a bit, but just a bit, and the softer tracks, but when they were not too long.. she was just bored and told me when does it stop :(?

So I definetely never had the magical moments enjoying goa with a girl, but hey maybe it'll happen!

my girl likes goa trance and all sorts of electronic music extremely much, not that much dark or techno stuff.

:lol: But then again she doesn't like acustic music that much which is a shame, since I enjoy a veeeeeery large scale of music styles.

And metal is a big no no for her :( :(

comes in rather handy if you are playing together often now doesnt it :P

It does a bit! :lol:

Although we do play more often apart than we do together… it only seems to be in holland that we always play back to back :)

My ex is a bit of a rocker but she was easy to convince to like goa. She's more into the melodic stuff (full-on, melodic prog, old-school goa) and especially chill-out. She's not that fond of going to parties since she doesn't want to take too much drugs but we had some very special moments at some trance raves and goa parties. I still tell her about some special releases I just bought, give her lums to listen to and we also go out sometimes. But it's very different to how it use to be of course...

Never had a partner who liked goa, indeed the women I've loved most in my life (my ex-wife and current girlfriend) hate the music with a passion. They think it weird and unintelligible. It's never bothered me though as they usually introduce me to great new artists in other genres.

I'm also in the non-Goa/psy gfs! I don't really care since i don't listen to psy a lot lately myself, but i also never had any problem or complains about this type of music!

I never had any girlfriend that was a psy freak!

Never been with a girl who REALLY hated it, probably because I met most of my ex-gf's at trance-parties :) Most of them had other musical preferences though (D&B, emo-punk, hardcore...), which in my book is a good thing.

I have pretty broad tastes aswell (Dub-to-industrial, Astral-to-Ticon), so the only kind of person I could never be together with would be somebody who hàtes music in general.

Or a Darkpsy-adoring, 16-year old, amphetamine junkie, but those ppl fall in the previous category aswell, I guess :P

My ex is a bit of a rocker but she was easy to convince to like goa. She's more into the melodic stuff (full-on, melodic prog, old-school goa) and especially chill-out. She's not that fond of going to parties since she doesn't want to take too much drugs but we had some very special moments at some trance raves and goa parties. I still tell her about some special releases I just bought, give her lums to listen to and we also go out sometimes. But it's very different to how it use to be of course...

U don't NEED have to take drugs to go to parties do u? :P I actually almost never do so, but I want my spliffs and beers but thats plenty enough to keep me dancing and in a trance ;) maybe that would help... no? :P

U don't NEED have to take drugs to go to parties do u? :P I actually almost never do so, but I want my spliffs and beers but thats plenty enough to keep me dancing and in a trance ;) maybe that would help... no? :P

Of course you don't have too! :) It's still fun sober but it is for sure different. Besides that I only go to a few psy-parties a year so I'm most likely to take some MDMA or something else in that league (LSD most likely). Since she will not be able to not take something when I'm on it she will only attend a party when she's ready to use something too. IMHO still better than joinin me, planing to take nothing and ending up taking too much drugs buy maybe also a future task to learn for her. ;)

I was once with TEKKNO girl and she always bitched to me about trance... do I need to say that I broke up with her after 3rd bitching... <_<:rolleyes:

:D :D You are also a techno-head too though .. :unsure: But I guess you got irritated with snobbish behavour towards trance..

:D :D You are also a techno-head too though .. :unsure: But I guess you got irritated with snobbish behavour towards trance..

Yes, I am, I love various genres of electronic music and dislike any kind of snobbery towards specific genre or type of music. :D

Never had a partner who liked goa, indeed the women I've loved most in my life (my ex-wife and current girlfriend) hate the music with a passion. They think it weird and unintelligible. It's never bothered me though as they usually introduce me to great new artists in other genres.

you prolly played them hallucinogen :D

i used to let my ex listen to X-Dream when we were in the car. Over time she ended up hearing all of their 5 main albums. she called it movie techno... i learned my lesson and will never play trance for any girl again

my girlfirend listen most of all to rock , but she is mind-opened and slowly is beginning to appreciate some goa , depending on what cd I'm listening in my car while we are together :rolleyes:

this month she liked twisted , aes dana and very much classical mushrooms (she even asked for a copy of the cd);

she disliked etnica (she said that are too boring :ph34r: ) ...

my girlfirend listen most of all to rock , but she is mind-opened and slowly is beginning to appreciate some goa , depending on what cd I'm listening in my car while we are together :rolleyes:

this month she liked twisted , aes dana and very much classical mushrooms (she even asked for a copy of the cd);

she disliked etnica (she said that are too boring :ph34r: ) ...

you know what to do :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:lol: