Goa Trance and Girlfriends/boyfriends...

Anoebis

After this weekend I found out that quiet alot of my friends that listen to goa trance have a boy/girlfriend that don't like it AT ALL, In my case, I can't even imagine if someone could be together with me if she doesn't like goa trance! So well... Lets have a look if your boy/girlfriend shares the same goa trance taste or not? :)

In my case I must be pretty lucky, she loves melodic goa trance very much, and she loves the emotional side the most, etnica, california sunshine, Astral, the morning masters, and the second thing she likes alot is spugedelic/suomi... her favourite there is Luomuhappo :) Her ambient favourite is Zero Cult and Electrypnose... What she doesn't like is dark trance and acidic old school goa trance... But ah well, then I listen that when i'm alone :)

now you :)

I am very happy to say that my girlfriend really hates Goa/Psy :) We have so much other things in comon. I am happy, because it is MY ESCAPE from our relationship when I need to be alone :) We do share a lot of other music styles though :)

mine doesn't share the same goa taste,

she doesn't mind going to goa,

but I never put goa full on my speakers in the living room,

use my headphones...

although some progressive she doesn't mind,

I really wouldn't want to have a relationship with a girl who is in her super hype goa period,

I would make me nervous...

Hmmm... kinda of difficult to find a girl that like shares the same musical preferences and i mean really difficult. But to tell you the truth for me its ok. For example my gf now likes punkrock and similar tunes but we both have open mind in music so we have no problem. Never listen to psytrance or goatrance together mostly idm.ambient.downtempo.dub...etc. Thing is that we have :wub: moments with each other favourite tunes and thats important. Of course sometimes we have small arguments about what kind of music we gonna listen but i usually give up ^_^

Ah she likes it all but never really gets into it!

She'll borrow a CD and listen to it 10 times in a row. But couldn't tell me the name!

She's mostly into the downtempo side & doesn't quite get the wierd experimental stuff I like but she's okay.

She likes the club but does not dance.

She's 50/50

Guest antic

My wife hates goa/psy, even the psychedelic downtempo/chill stuff irritates her. She just doesn't like the 'weird' sounds, voice manipulations, sound effects - everything that makes 'psy' psychedelic.

But I love her anyway :wub:

My girl is pretty open-minded about my kind of music, when it comes to intense Goa or really twisted psy its not always her cup of tea... especially if she is tired!!! Then I know its time to put on the head-phones! Other then that it all good! If we go out to a club (or something) where they play psytrance she loves to dance to it. But I think when it comes down it she likes when I play down/mid-tempo the most... She often wants me to burn her a CD so she can use for a dance choreography or something... so thats nice...

Most of the girlfriends I have had before didn't really like any of the music I listened too.. and it actually annoyed me a bit...

My girl is pretty open-minded about my kind of music, when it comes to intense Goa or really twisted psy its not always her cup of tea... especially if she is tired!!! Then I know its time to put on the head-phones! Other then that it all good! If we go out to a club (or something) where they play psytrance she loves to dance to it. But I think when it comes down it she likes when I play down/mid-tempo the most... She often wants me to burn her a CD so she can use for a dance choreography or something... so thats nice...

Most of the girlfriends I have had before didn't really like any of the music I listened too.. and it actually annoyed me a bit...

but they are EX :)

I am very happy to say that my girlfriend really hates Goa/Psy :) We have so much other things in comon. I am happy, because it is MY ESCAPE from our relationship when I need to be alone :) We do share a lot of other music styles though :)

Nothing to add, I am exactly on the same boat!

I used to have few girlfriends that are into trance, and it feels great being able to make love with your girlfriend with some ambient/downtempo or going partying together with wild beats. :D

True :) I like enjoying music when I'm around my gf... and good she actually appreciates some of it ;) But I don't think she remembers any of the names either :P

They never do... they are not as obsessed as us... they only HEAR music and dance to it a little bit. :D

They never do... they are not as obsessed as us... they only HEAR music and dance to it a little bit. :D

:lol: so true, we r actually the weird ones! ;)

My gf is a sucker for lyrics, so thats where her real passion is! But its good enough for me :P

well, that's not always the truth... it WAS like that as well for me all the time, but now mine is starting to learn the dj basics as well, and starts to become pretty damn obsessed as well... and last week something véry scary happened... I wanted some ambient after a whole day of uptempo stuff and she said I was a pussy and she put up Asia 2001 - Live.. :blink:

My gf is a sucker for lyrics, so thats where her real passion is! But its good enough for me :P

Then get her new Infected Mushroom as a present. :P:D

In my case, I can't even imagine if someone could be together with me if she doesn't like goa trance!

same here

that's why I'm single :D

When I go talking to a nice girl all is well until it comes to music. When I start talking about music and this goa/psy trance stuff and what parties I go to they just always give me that unknowing look with a faint smile (just like if they were thinking "ok, that one is a bit crazy ... no, he's actually quite crazy ... I just keep listening so that he doesn't know what I think of him") ... and then it comes out they may find me nice, but don't want anything from me at all because I am obviously too twisted for them. It is like that. Either that or they are crazy or weird or twisted aswell and I don't like that, so I don't want anything from them.

Is like that.

im sure she could enjoy new infected mushrooms album then :P

single.

edit: seraph did it :D

well, that's not always the truth... it WAS like that as well for me all the time, but now mine is starting to learn the dj basics as well, and starts to become pretty damn obsessed as well... and last week something véry scary happened... I wanted some ambient after a whole day of uptempo stuff and she said I was a pussy and she put up Asia 2001 - Live.. :blink:

maybe changing clothes would prevent you're girlfriend calling you a pussy :P

kidding off course

c u soon friend ;)

Where do pick up girls :P

Then get her new Infected Mushroom as a present. :P:D

im sure she could enjoy new infected mushrooms album then :P

I don't think she emo enough to like those lyrics :ph34r:

I wont let her :P

As a girl who is obsessed about music in all forms..Goa being my FAVOURITE, i find it quite difficult to find guys into Goa, (or, they already have girlfriends)........ not that it worries me, i will listen to any type of music(almost any! i draw line at D&B)

I have taken guys to psy trance events who are into rock music...........they loved it!!

Your girlfriends must be very odd!!! (or is that just me????) hahahaha