Brasilian Scene

draeke

Any of you forum addicts has ever been to brasil ?

cause i've been told of amazing parties and generally i seen very cool videos on the net.. but anyone really experienced it? is it eurpean friendly? i mean.. i know brasil is very different from europe and generally psytrance is a scene which is a little different from main schemes so i wonder how it would be when the country is already a bit crazy (and it is).. i donno maybe i'm just paranoid but i've been asked to go and play there...

here a site with some videos of recent parties.. all seems super cool

http://www.videotrance.com/site/?pagcontro...usca=&id=39

in this one also some nice tracks played..

but there are gazillions of braz parties on youtube and other sites too..

:)

PS: what is the track that plays in background of the video ?

It depends, if we are talking about the weather, beaches and the bitches :lol::lol::D its the best party place but thats mainly because psy scene there is like our house scene, u dont see lots of freaks and the music is 90% full on the other 10% electrohouse or something like that, im refering to most of the major events...the undergorund scene i dont know nothing about because im not brasilian.

http://www.tranceformation.com.br/

Brazil must be one of my favorite places in the world. Superduperfriendly people, amazing nature and ditto climate, too many (literally) things to see and do... but I have to admit I've never been to a party there. But what Divine said seems about right, very commercial and full on, I imagine almost Israelike... eew!

Thanks for the tips, I actually might like it then :)

Well i'll ignore the full on thing, as the rest seems interesting! :D

Brazil is THE biggest place for psytrance parties these days,period.

The country is huge,so naturally there are many promoters in almost each city. Yes there are many commercial events,which are actually "raves" and not parties - from 3,000 peeps up to 30,000 for a one day party - not a festival,mind u - thats pretty fucking huge. Avid psytrance followers might be put out by these events - then again, the lineups in these parties are very big and can satisfy most full on lovers. But brazil isn't about Fullon only - in fact,in many parties,people are reacting much better to electro house and even minimal. This style has taken over brazil and is booming at the moment and it's quite intresting to see the promoters mixing it in with the fullon and progressive parts of the party. Naturally this big trance boom comes with a price,alot of drugs going around and people getting way more fucked up than they should be,such as this poor lad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbYySF_VyyE .

but that's to be expected with this line of music.

and then,there is UNIVERSO PARALLELO - iv'e played in this year's edition and i must say its one of the best festivals in the world. complete sense of freedom (the dancefloor is a minute away from the waterfront,no guards or passses necessary @ the backstage etc) and the location of this year was simply amazing.

music wise it has something for everyone,orginization is top notch and this should be on every festie-fan's list. here's a quick look -

. just search youtube for more moments from universo or any other brazilian party - u will find many entries :)

Sherlock,u can go on from here .... :P