2007 A good year ahead?

Goa Bill

Well 2006 in my opinion was one of the worst for psy trance with very scarce good releases but 2007 looks so much better. We already had the brilliant Prometheus album, the Tristan and the AMD, Sound Field, Cafu and Vibrasphere albums, a few good compilations incl. VA Uncharted on Flow, and a few albums to be released very soon that look very promising like Younger Brother, Antix, Ott?, Ace Ventura, Cosmosis, Perfect Stranger Remixes, Talpa, Twisted DVD and probably more.

Is there a Psy Trance revival ahead of us?

Guest antic

Well 2006 in my opinion was one of the worst for psy trance with very scarce good releases but 2007 looks so much better. We already had the brilliant Prometheus album, the Tristan and the AMD, Sound Field, Cafu and Vibrasphere albums, a few good compilations incl. VA Uncharted on Flow, and a few albums to be released very soon that look very promising like Younger Brother, Antix, Ott?, Ace Ventura, Cosmosis, Perfect Stranger Remixes, Talpa, Twisted DVD and probably more.

You should add Error Corrective to the list - I know you liked previous releases from WildThings and this is one of their best so far. As far as I know, there will be a new compliation from them for the summer and after that Hoodwink's album. This year look really marvellous so far :)

edit: oh, and there's the RealityGrid's album in June

You should add Error Corrective to the list - I know you liked previous releases from WildThings and this is one of their best so far. As far as I know, there will be a new compliation from them for the summer and after that Hoodwink's album. This year look really marvellous so far :)

edit: oh, and there's the RealityGrid's album in June

A hoodwink album ? wow

Posted Image

fully agree.

i heard cosmosis live last weekend and that really is one to watch out for. there's 2 new compilations coming out on liquid records too, a full-on one and a chill; both are excellent.

imho the psy scene has always been kind of cyclical... 1995-1997 good years, 1998-2000 generally forgettable etc etc... it's down to the number of bandwagon jumpers who leech onto a certain sound (protoculture, for example?) and then cain it to death, and also the so-called boundary-pushers who try to bring in outside influences (last year's electro-prog bullshit, for example?). it's no coincidence to me that 2 of this year's best releases, the AMD album and origin 3, have been very much back to basics.

1998-2000 generally forgettable

:o :o

What ? They were one of the best and most progressed years in psychedelic genre... Are you sure you've heard all the releases from that period ?

For me it is 1995 -2000 - The Best years For Psy, 2000-2003 - generally forgettable, 2003-2006 - forgettable entirely.

2006 had some decent releases, and some not-so-decent with a few decent tracks. But Im thinking in the full-power pure psychedelic style (..."dark".... <_< ).

But, so far, Ive heard more good releases in 07.

Also, ITP-Lose Your Illusion, Open's VA-Slow Release, umm... Im sure there's more.

Ticon has a new album on the way, apparently. After their remix of X-Noize on VA-New Order Im totally stoked for new Ticon...

Also don't forget a new Atmos album which will come out sooner or later on Digital Structures. Heard his live set last night where he presented some tracks of it and they sounded really good to me ... it's likely that the new Atmos will be one of the best albums released this year :)

this is the best year ever! since 1997 was suposedly such a great year, that means by default 2007 will be better, because its exactly 10 years later, and ends in a 7 too.

its all part of the universal cycle.

there be already blisargon demogorgon, and synsun, which will prolly be the best chill of the year.

and for the pussys out there, you get yer infected butthole, and gayhel - superset 2.

woo hoo!!!

It will be a wondeful year for newcommers like me who will spend this whole year

discovering 14 previous years of amazing music :lol:

Hey I've been in this scene from really early on & I still discover fantastic music from the past I'd never heard before.