In R Voice - Crying Universe EP 12"

Lemmiwinks

Posted Image

A Crying Universe

B1 Trunklucator

B2 Coming Back 2U

Releases like this are the reason why you shouldn't throw away your grandma's turntables yet ;) Cause if, like me, you're an oldschool goa freak and are tired by all the classics and find that only 2 new releases per year from Suntrip is not enough then this is the only alternative you're left with: scouting through old vinyl releases that never made it to CDs. Agreed, most of them are crap BUT if you search well (and have enough money lol) then your patience will be rewarded :)

Crying Universe is a KILLER tune!! I'm amazed it never got more mainstream attention. It's melodic oldschool all the way but it has a kindof sad feeling to it (hence the name "crying universe"). It's a real stormer, kindof reminded me of UX - Masters of the Universe in a way.

Sadly though the B-side isn't as good, Trunklucator is a so-so track, nice to listen to but nothing special and Coming Back 2 U is pure filler material...

so I give this 10/10 for the A side and 5/10 for the B-side..

PS little technical note: A-side should be played at 45RPM while B-side is 33...

• 1 year later...