54 members have voted

1. 1. the content is as follows

• bassline
    • melody
    • both
    • duh??

you definitely need BOTH for the job.

no, you don't

remember the example I gave ... Matenda - Bonaca?

Listen to that and tell me where the melody hides ... because I don't hear much of a melody there. But the track is one of my favourites! How come that? Because of the bassline? Well, I'd say it's not only because of the bassline, but that one is definitely a very important factor why I like the track :)

no, you don't

Listen to that and tell me where the melody hides ... because I don't hear much of a melody there. But the track is one of my favourites! How come that? Because of the bassline? Well, I'd say it's not only because of the bassline, but that one is definitely a very important factor why I like the track :)

where can i listen to it? is it only on that 12"?

no, you don't

I don wanna sound rude but D'uh! :rolleyes:

the replies were made up answers I thought would come up in this topic.

I myself very much like bass-driven techno trax without melody. :)

Guest antic

...Like Cosmo, his stuff is good, and VERY psychedelic (IMO!!), but no melodies. Thats not the point of Cosmo-type stuff (as so many seem to misunderstand)...

You're talking about Cosmosis? If you are, then I fully agree. He's one of the musicians, that is able to create a very musical piece without even using a melody. It's all about background atmospheres, key changes and bassline work. I'd add old Orion, Koxbox too. I personally find that style the best, when it is done right.

But ofcourse, if the melody is good and played with right sounds then why not - bring it on! :)

You're talking about Cosmosis? If you are, then I fully agree. He's one of the musicians, that is able to create a very musical piece without even using a melody. It's all about background atmospheres, key changes and bassline work. I'd add old Orion, Koxbox too. I personally find that style the best, when it is done right.

But ofcourse, if the melody is good and played with right sounds then why not - bring it on! :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think he means this guy klik.... correct me if I'm wrong allycat!

Although I agree with on the Cosmosis, Koxbox thing.... and many others artists really.... Melodies is not necessary for me to like a track!

But then again tracks does not NEED to have a killaaaarrrgh bass line for me to like it too :P It all depends on whole picture... *rambling*

where can i listen to it? is it only on that 12"?

yes :P

and there isn't even a sample of it on Saikosounds ... only of Mission Impossible, the other track on that 12" :P

and I'm not a filthy downloader anymore, you can't even request it from me :lol:

I don wanna sound rude but D'uh! :rolleyes:

the replies were made up answers I thought would come up in this topic.

I myself very much like bass-driven techno trax without melody. :)

dude, I know your replies were made up answers

your post was about the fact you thought you could predict the outcome that everybody will say "both are important", wasn't it?

well, I showed you that you couldn't.

not everybody will say "both".

I don't :)

• 3 weeks later...

Of course it's both but I voted for melody because I love the way melodies catch in my mind, and because voting for both seemed like kindof a cop-out. People with any intelligence realize that both are important but Ive noticed that most people seem to connect more with one or the other more deeply. Food for thought ain't it?

Of course it's both but I voted for melody because I love the way melodies catch in my mind, and because voting for both seemed like kindof a cop-out. People with any intelligence realize that both are important but Ive noticed that most people seem to connect more with one or the other more deeply. Food for thought ain't it?

I agree with that. Sure both are important but it's not that much of a surprise that most people tend to focus more on one specific element. I do notice and value a good bassline but what really moves me is a nice melody line. Also with other styles than psy for that matter.

I voted bassline

That's what you dance to - the melodies are for ur head

I don't think you need both - I can dance to a groovy bassline all night long - the melodies are there for brain foood

Brain food is good yo!