Penta - Horn Please (2007)

CERBERUS

Don't know if you do any psychedelics, but if you do, next time try to listen to this.. It will eat you up like nothing you've heard before :ph34r:

Well, it does sound very LSD-friendly so next time I'll give it a shot although I don't believe it'll top Derango ;)

• 6 months later...

hmm pretty dissapointing IMO. Not a bad album but not a great one either. IMO there are MANY better dark psy albums out there. 6/10

Guess it's a matter of taste, caus this is one of the coolest "dark" psy albums of 2007... And in my oppinion it's not really darkpsy.. It has something unique to it.. It's fun, trippy and danceable at the same time. Love the wierd twists, synths and samples he uses in his own way.

Hear it on a mushroom trip, and you wil tell the differense of this and other darkpsy artists.. I don't listen much to it sober though :P

Guess it's a matter of taste, caus this is one of the coolest "dark" psy albums of 2007... And in my oppinion it's not really darkpsy.. It has something unique to it.. It's fun, trippy and danceable at the same time. Love the wierd twists, synths and samples he uses in his own way.

Hear it on a mushroom trip, and you wil tell the differense of this and other darkpsy artists.. I don't listen much to it sober though :P

ha funny you mention the word "cool" cause that's exactly what came to my mind when listening to it. It felt so cool it was on auto-pilot lol But that's what bothered me: no surprises, nothing to really make me want to jump off my chair and dance, just unengaged "cool" music.

And as far as listening to it while high... my absolute vote still goes to Terminator - Spirit of the Plants ;)

but as you say, in the end it's all a matter of personal taste :)

• 13 years later...

Favourite track: Here We Come

What a great way to close an album. This track was made for hard dancing. It has rolling basslines, twisted breakdowns, and some cool SFX throughout.

i'd be playing this out as loud as morally acceptable. :D

Honorable mention: Foggy

This track has the best atmosphere on the album. Nikita uses synths in some really creative ways that get the whole track going nicely and smoothly.

The kick is really thin, probably intentionally. It creates just the right momentum for all the harmonies and the rest of the sounds.