Who do you think were the most influential artists for todays psytrance?

NEMO.BOFH

The first artist that pop into my mind are Infected Mushroom. I mean their Classical Mushroom album was a big success and even when they have totaly changed their style with every album they are still a big influence for other artists (for the good or the bad with their more commercial appeal nowadays or whatever you wanna call it). And even when you don't like the music itself (or some parts of it like the vocals) the prodcution quality is still on a very high standart, at least from what I can tell.

And GMS Maybe?

Yeah probably another good choice. I remember a time when every other new artist tried to copy their no longer intersting full-on formula making it the most over-used style ever. Not that this is a very good influence but oh well... ;)

Yeah probably another good choice. I remember a time when every other new artist tried to copy their no longer intersting full-on formula making it the most over-used style ever. Not that this is a very good influence but oh well... ;)

Taste apart though, they have influenced a lot of artists. What about Etnica?

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd have to say Nomad, Talamasca dn Absolum played a fairly large role as well... 3D Vision pioneered some amazing Goa based full on early in their career...

Taste apart though, they have influenced a lot of artists. What about Etnica?

Yes indeed, and fair enough I have to say that I do like some of their music and not all influences are bad.

I have to say I have a hard time judging Etnica, I never really gottein into their sound so I can't really tell who got influenced by them. But I think especially their newer progressive albums made a big impression on the scene. Or what do you think about them?

Yes indeed, and fair enough I have to say that I do like some of their music and not all influences are bad.

I have to say I have a hard time judging Etnica, I never really gottein into their sound so I can't really tell who got influenced by them. But I think especially their newer progressive albums made a big impression on the scene. Or what do you think about them?

I think that Etnica at least gave some early meaning to "Full On" (With their track Full On) hehe. I think many artists got influenced by Etnica, Koxbox, Eat Static, X-Dream, MFG, etc... Har-El for sure as well :)

For today's psytrance in general? Yeah, mainly Infected Mushroom and GMS - all about cheese effects, Hollywood samples and overly crisp, cookie-cutter production. All the other decent artists can't really be heard in the majority of stuff I experience.

Taste apart.......SKAZI!!!! All the wankers copy his style ;) Shit as I find it :)

Ass-tricks as well. i hate to admit that i really enjoyed his first album a lot. :rolleyes:

Guest antic

X-Dream?

With Radio they started the whole "minimal era". Not because it was minimal, but because everyone else tried to copy their style, but they got it all wrong thinking it's just bass, kick and weird FX...

Atmos?

Not sure here, but I guess he was the one that started the "progressive trance" era with his Headcleaner.

X-Dream?

With Radio they started the whole "minimal era". Not because it was minimal, but because everyone else tried to copy their style, but they got it all wrong thinking it's just bass, kick and weird FX...

Atmos?

Not sure here, but I guess he was the one that started the "progressive trance" era with his Headcleaner.

Yes for sure :)

Guest antic

Spirallianz / Midimiliz -> I think they were first to release what we know today as tech-trance?

Yes for sure :)

Hehe, now who invented the dark-psy? :huh:

Spirallianz / Midimiliz -> I think they were first to release what we know today as tech-trance?

What about Sandman? I mean sure his Witchcraft album has nothing to do with today's darkpsy but his style was pretty dark for the days of fluffy melodic goa trance.

Guest antic

What about Sandman? I mean sure his Witchcraft album has nothing to do with today's darkpsy but his style was pretty dark for the days of fluffy melodic goa trance.

Yeah, I was thinking about him (plus some Koyote artists: Xenomorph, Menis) and he definitely had his part in this, but I'm thinking of finding who started this Derango style. I have no idea, because I'm not listening to it at all...

I think Tim Schuldt was quite influential for dark psy. Derango style lies more in the vein of Hux Flux - Cryptic Crunch I think, maybe there were already other artist that I don't know off doing this before them.

Maybe I should add Planet Ben to the list

Edited by Peyote

dark psy eh? thats a hard one. maybe anoebis chart can help us there?

Totally agree about Midimiliz and Spiralianz, maybe X-Dream had a finger in that pot as well, or not? :)

Dark Psy ??? hm, early dark psychedelic trance could be ... Cydonia, Ux, Darshan & some of The Delta (although also tech-trance)..

Also don't forget Battle Of The Future Buddhas , they are in the scene since 95 i thin although they released stuff some years laters...

the oldest track that ive heard that sounds like so called dark psy is from 1996, Sibilant - Screecher Creature

http://e.discogs.com/release/134645

never heard their album tho, so cant comment whether they invented this sound or was it just one track, a coincidence :rolleyes:

the oldest track that ive heard that sounds like so called dark psy is from 1996, Sibilant - Screecher Creature

http://e.discogs.com/release/134645

never heard their album tho, so cant comment whether they invented this sound or was it just one track, a coincidence :rolleyes:

Omg, sibilant - screecher creature (aka the Fly) is such a great track!.... thanks for reminding me, i seriously need to listen to my old psy comps/cd's again...

Dark Psy ??? hm, early dark psychedelic trance could be ... Cydonia, Ux, Darshan & some of The Delta (although also tech-trance)..

Also don't forget Battle Of The Future Buddhas , they are in the scene since 95 i thin although they released stuff some years laters...

Yeah, I hear ya, Boom records released some weird as music way before many :) I remember getting Dat Tapes from Matt with some stuff that was psy, but in 155-160BPM... :)

Derango ;)

;)

Shaolin Wooden Men.... I mean they must have influenced. I remember when I heard Remember The Slime on Pulse 5 I was pretty amazed how it sounded different from other artist (and that goes for their earlier stuff as well but I hadn't heard that at the time) and the came the suomi-soundi thing with Texas Faggott which I think had a very big impact aswell.... There must be a connection :P

;)

Shaolin Wooden Men.... I mean they must have influenced. I remember when I heard Remember The Slime on Pulse 5 I was pretty amazed how it sounded different from other artist (and that goes for their earlier stuff as well but I hadn't heard that at the time) and the came the suomi-soundi thing with Texas Faggott which I think had a very big impact aswell.... There must be a connection :P

Shit, yeah how can I forget SWM! And also, the first Texas F. Yes, i think there is definitely a connection there! :)