Zebra 2

Oh man i waited long enough for this synth, no more mac only.

I am so impressed with this thing, it sounds fantastic. I started diggin deeper and the results are amazing.

Zebra 2

Get this thing, and you'll understand.

And yes i am drunk but i mean it.

Yeah I immediatly got shocked on how good this synth is. But it's not really The best. There's still some things missing. I'd really like it if I could draw filter/any other envelopes right from the synth. Sort of like Rhino's interface.

But Zebra 2 really is powerful, so it's on my toplist ;)

i remember trying this also and was not that impressed by it. I'm going back to hardware actually. The prices of softsynths are getting stupid. this is not worth 200 bucks when good 90s hardware synths are 400-500 on ebay.

+1

i must say i haven't tried a huge number of vsti's but many good ones.

i don't judge a synth by the presets.

i started from scrach and the range of different sounds i could get just from one osc only was amazing.

the osc fx are great and the knob movements are smooth. i could not hear any aliaising on the osc or the filters.

it is my favorite,...

Actually I must admit that the first bunch of presets didn't really show off Zebra's capabilities...

However, the Howard Scarr (Roland, Access) bank is going to be updated soon and more patch banks by genre will be added.

And don't forget that the ultra phat XMF filter module only came in late January (Version 2.1). So a whole lot of trancey patches can be expected shortly!

Cheers,

;) Urs

u-he.com

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I wasn't impressed by the presets myself either. But when I started messing around with it it turns out it can make alot more then what's there in the presets.

most plugins have bad presets anyway.. the only plugin i have with very good presets is massive