Pioneers of goa trance

radi6404

After again listening a lot to music i just realise that there are just a handful artists, which have produced first class goa trance IMO. They were the leaders, other people copied them, some might say they are comercial etc because they are the big guys but i can tell you the reason why they are the big guys. Because they really did the best goa trance tracks and are pioneers, if you compare tracks of he big guys with some smaller projects of that time you will realise that the smaller projects´ tracks aren´t that great as the tracks of the big guys, this is ofcourse just my opinion but i am sure many people share this opinon. I consider first class goa trance projects the following:

Hallucinogen

Astral Projection

MFG

The Infinity project

Etnica/Pleiadians

Kox Box (altough psytrance)

Man with no name

When i hear some unheared tracks of these artists and projects i feel like i would hear something new, when i hear tracks of the second class artists i don´t really feel like i´ve heard something new. Fact is IMO that these guys were the leaders and have created the goa trance sound, the infinity, the main goa trance sound of which many others copied. It is really amazing how this artists developed this sound from nothing, because they hadn´t templates to look at like the newer second class artists and created such great music. We shall appreciate them.

It is really amazing how this artists developed this sound from nothing, because they hadn´t templates to look at like the newer second class artists and created such great music. We shall appreciate them.

what the fuck are you talking about?

go and investigate who are the PIONEERS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC, start in the late 70s...

those guys deserve your respect, they created the whole thing by experimenting.... blablabla...

only because of those people, who really were pioneers all different genres of electronic music have developed in the first place.

it all goes back to those roots.

• Like 1

what the fuck are you talking about?

go and investigate who are the PIONEERS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC, start in the late 70s...

those guys deserve your respect, they created the whole thing by experimenting.... blablabla...

you said it, they created electronic music, the emotional meodies were created from the above listed artists.

you said it, they created electronic music, the emotional meodies were created from the above listed artists.

Not really, because what they did was to take old indian folk music for instance and electrified it ;)

Koxbox

Martin Freeland

Eat Static

Paul Jackson

Tip

Martin Glover

Total Eclipse

Johann Bley

Juno Reactor

and sooo many more.

but i find the very main goa trance artists are not for example eat static, afaik they aren´t as well knows as for example hallucinogen and mfg, i agree with total eclipse though and man, the above does not say eat static is bad, i am interested in good eat static ambient, i heard some eat static ambient which sound similar to shpongle.

but i find the very main goa trance artists are not for example eat static, afaik they aren´t as well knows as for example hallucinogen and mfg, i agree with total eclipse though and man, the above does not say eat static is bad, i am interested in good eat static ambient, i heard some eat static ambient which sound similar to shpongle.

i dont agree.

Man With No Name might not be one of the best artists, but he was one of the first...

Sounded the same in 1993 as he did on the latest album.

Cheesy melodies, good production, trancy sounds.

Yes that's a whole lotta pioneers, but who were the ones who sort of started it all? As I know, it was Goa Gil, Etnica and TIP?

you can´t not mention Simon Posford, he produced the first goa tracks at the beginning of 1994, i don´t know how old orphic resonance is, it is his first track under the name hallucinogen i think and it is definetly how the goa trance sound was and the newschool sound of today is.

you can´t not mention Simon Posford, he produced the first goa tracks at the beginning of 1994, i don´t know how old orphic resonance is, it is his first track under the name hallucinogen i think and it is definetly how the goa trance sound was and the newschool sound of today is.

1991-1992 doesnt count?

it counts but i don´t know of artists which produced goa this early, sorry.

Juno Reactors first track, and also their pseudonyms. Definite psytrance tracks from 1991-1992.

Astral Projection right?

Though under a different name or so I've heard...

You mean SFX I guess? There is an SFX vinyl called Monster Mania from 1991. I'm not too impressed by the tracks themselves, just bought it as collectors item...

Here's the discogs link to it:

http://www.discogs.com/release/53831

Definite psytrance tracks from 1991-1992.

I couldn't really get my hands on a 1991 track that could qualify as Goa trance. But for 1992, no problem. A few gems IMO:

- Eat Static - Almost Human

- SFX - Allah Acbar

- E-Rection - Smoke my Dang-A-Long

- Juno Reactor - Jungle High

I couldn't really get my hands on a 1991 track that could qualify as Goa trance. But for 1992, no problem. A few gems IMO:

- SFX - Allah Acbar

Allah Acbar is definetly goa trance but it is aktually that old, wwwwwwooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww :ph34r:

- SFX - Allah Acbar

Overlords with Sundown in 1991, and Eat Static as well ;) There were some projects by For instance Robert Leiner (Andromatic) which today would be classed as early Goa Trance (1992). It was widely played in Goa, and the music that we KNOW AS GOA became GOA TRANCE, because djs and musicians made parties there and played their so called TRANCE. Period and end of story really. It will all be documented in my Pioneers of Trance book (finished in 2012) :D