"Concept" albums

Go-Goa Trancer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good word that Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home is a concept album....

From what I saw on Discogs I guess it's a music concept then and not similar track names.

From what I saw on Discogs I guess it's a music concept then and not similar track names.

I prefer the musical concept that just similar track names. Gives the album a story feel ;)

Its both actually, although I can understand why it might be hard to find links through the titles without knowing the whole story behind it. That said the details of the "story" (a series of true events actually) have been purposefully left unclear as it's preferable that the listener finds their own story in the album than just following some written guide about "this track means this and the next tracks means this".

WHOPT IS A CONZEPT ALBUMS HERE:

HALLUCINOGEN - TWISTEDT

HALLUCINOGEN - THE LOUME DERANGER

SPHONGLE - ARE YOU SHPONGLE?

SHPONGLE - AROUND THE WORLD IM A TEA CUP

MYSTERY OF A THOUSAND YETI - THE ALIEN HELLO

WHOPT IS A CONZEPT ALBUMS HERE:

HALLUCINOGEN - TWISTEDT

HALLUCINOGEN - THE LOUME DERANGER

SPHONGLE - ARE YOU SHPONGLE?

SHPONGLE - AROUND THE WORLD IM A TEA CUP

MYSTERY OF A THOUSAND YETI - THE ALIEN HELLO

:lol::lol::lol:

They are what I call "journey" albums, like Blue Energy, but not concept albums :lol: . Except "Mystery Of The Yeti 1".

Funny anyway :P . "

:lol::lol::lol:

They are what I call "journey" albums, like Blue Energy, but not concept albums :lol: . Except "Mystery Of The Yeti 1".

Funny anyway :P . "

Yes and indeed are they jourmey albums because like Hallucinogen, Jeremy did some tracks in the beginning of Cosmosis! Hallucinogen didn't but he sure did some other good tracks but not with Cosmosis but not not similar to Cosmosis.

Live and peace.

Guest antic

Yes and indeed are they jourmey albums because like Hallucinogen, Jeremy did some tracks in the beginning of Cosmosis! Hallucinogen didn't but he sure did some other good tracks but not with Cosmosis but not not similar to Cosmosis.

Live and peace.

:unsure:

:huh:

Are you OK today?

:unsure:

:huh:

Are you OK today?

LOL I was afraid the problem was coming from me for not being able to understand :lol: . But if you can't either then I'm reassured :D .

qa2pir is generally (un)sane but sometimes wants to play insane..

Or he is generally insane but sometimes wants to play (un)sane.

Us

Posted Image

qa2pir

Posted Image

:ph34r:

• 1 year later...

SVEN VATH/RALF HILDENBEUTEL - THE HARLEQUIN, THE ROBOT & THE BALLET DANCER

Has strong musical and journey concept, very serious music and entrancing atmospheres.

PLASTIKMAN - CONSUMED

The very essential concept of minimal music.

MURCOF

- MARTES

- UTOPIA

- REMEMBRANZA

- COSMOS

Follow the pattern ? He is making a tribute to himself, first letters of each album will give in the end MURCOF.

Not to mention very delicious and strong musical concept that connects all these albums. Mesmerising electronic stuff.

My understanding of a concept album is the first album(s) by the artist(s) involved on a project where they are more experimental and all the tracks flow together and are behind a specific idea. Like infected mushroom the gathering or classical mushroom... regardless of if the actual track names are a list of the things involved.

Raja Ram Presents - Evolution of Expanded Consciousness

Raja Ram says this in the CD insert:

"On this album I rounded up 6 of my favourite acts that I felt had the vision and expertise to come up with something special for this concept. Each were given a brief, describing the drugs, cultures and sounds to draw from for their nominated section and of course some I was directly involved with. 6 pieces that hopefully take you on a journey and provide some enjoyment. Not the run of the mill compilation but who wants that!"

And Entheogenic - Entheogenic. I guess you would call it a concept album as they say this about it:

"On Entheogenic-Entheogenic each song has its own part and relation to the story as a whole. The story's inspiration came from a very intense shamanique experience we shared at this time.We used whatever we had to recreate this event to translate it into the most accurate sound experience we could. "

Taken from an interview. More here http://www.trance.net/article/articleview/245/1/27/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...