I think Psychopod needs more attention on this forum

jivamukti

How come they are mentioned so seldom here? Headlines EP and especially Dreampod single are simply fantastic. I must've played Dreampod & Psychopod like ten times in the last week and I'm not bored with them. Tons and tons of emotions & ideas, sections & layers zigzaging and intertwining and bombing your mind. I like Psychopod better than old Koxbox because it's more intense (faster?) and a bit less weird.

Guest antic

How come they are mentioned so seldom here? Headlines EP and especially Dreampod single are simply fantastic. I must've played Dreampod & Psychopod like ten times in the last week and I'm not bored with them. Tons and tons of emotions & ideas, sections & layers zigzaging and intertwining and bombing your mind. I like Psychopod better than old Koxbox because it's more intense (faster?) and a bit less weird.

+/- 1

I agree that their music is brilliant, but I don't think we need another string of threads about dead groups (vide: Pleiadians). Let them RIP and enjoy their music! :)

+/- 1

I agree that their music is brilliant, but I don't think we need another string of threads about dead groups (vide: Pleiadians). Let them RIP and enjoy their music! :)

They rock, and I dont see whats wrong in bringing it up to the surface for new people to become aware of it.

- Krell

but I don't think we need another string of threads about dead groups (vide: Pleiadians). Let them RIP and enjoy their music! :)

ok, then lets talk about necrophile fullon/dark artists instead...

It's good to see new guys talk about good old music!

Guest antic

They rock, and I dont see whats wrong in bringing it up to the surface for new people to become aware of it.

- Krell

ok, then lets talk about necrophile fullon/dark artists instead...

It's good to see new guys talk about good old music!

Oh come on! There's enough good new music to fill this board with interesting topics!

And it is not like we forgot about Psychopod - they're always recommended (along with Koxbox/Saiko-Pod) when someone new asks for good old music, so I don't see a problem? What new can you say about dead acts?

And it is not like we forgot about Psychopod - they're always recommended (along with Koxbox/Saiko-Pod)

I always thought Psychopod = Saiko-Pod :huh: ?

Guest antic

I always thought Psychopod = Saiko-Pod :huh: ?

Koxbox, Psychopod & Saiko-Pod are the same guys (more or less), but the music is different.

We all know how old Koxbox sounds (Dragon Tales era), Psychopod was even more extreme and psychedelic (Headlines E.P.!!!), and Saiko-Pod was their step into a new direction (progressive / housey sound, but still very psychedelic, something along the lines of Koxbox's The Great Unknown). And lastly, Koxbox was released by BlueRoom, Psychopod by TIP and Saiko-Pod by Spiral Trax.

:)

Oh come on! There's enough good new music to fill this board with interesting topics!

And it is not like we forgot about Psychopod - they're always recommended (along with Koxbox/Saiko-Pod) when someone new asks for good old music, so I don't see a problem?

I must be blind then (or not just following every single thread going on in this section), because I've not seen that many mentions of them.

Guest antic

I must be blind then (or not just following every single thread going on in this section), because I've not seen that many mentions of them.

That's possible :P;)

The most recent example can be found here

And it is not like we forgot about Psychopod - they're always recommended (along with Koxbox/Saiko-Pod) when someone new asks for good old music, so I don't see a problem? What new can you say about dead acts?

And if people stop talking about them, they will be forgotten and only remembered by those special people who have not burned their brains totally with acid yet :-P

I think, when stuff people write is On Topic, and it comes from the heart and need to share and debate something On Topic, they should have the option of doing so.

Thats basically it. I like to see people bring it up, makes me happy to see the music I danced to and played back then is still making people shake their booties :-)

Now, why dont you just find another topic to troll around in, telling people what they can and cannot do ? :-)

*hugs*

Your very own colleague Troll, Krell of Denmark :-)

Ps:

Saiko-Pod = Psychopod, but a new name because the old one was licensed to Tip Records, and could not release on another label. Saiko-Pod then become Ian Ion, but actually Koxbox "The Great Unknown", was first known to be a Saiko-Pod album... until finally the Koxbox name was made available ? From Blue Room Released I think.

Psychopod = The name used on TIP Records.

Dont bang me on the heads with the details, but it was something like the above I believe. Might remember it wrong, long time ago now :-)

Koxbox, Psychopod & Saiko-Pod are the same guys (more or less), but the music is different.

We all know how old Koxbox sounds (Dragon Tales era), Psychopod was even more extreme and psychedelic (Headlines E.P.!!!), and Saiko-Pod was their step into a new direction (progressive / housey sound, but still very psychedelic, something along the lines of Koxbox's The Great Unknown). And lastly, Koxbox was released by BlueRoom, Psychopod by TIP and Saiko-Pod by Spiral Trax.

Ps:

Saiko-Pod = Psychopod, but a new name because the old one was licensed to Tip Records, and could not release on another label. Saiko-Pod then become Ian Ion, but actually Koxbox "The Great Unknown", was first known to be a Saiko-Pod album... until finally the Koxbox name was made available ? From Blue Room Released I think.

Psychopod = The name used on TIP Records.

Dont bang me on the heads with the details, but it was something like the above I believe. Might remember it wrong, long time ago now :-)

Damn, I forgot these details, and honestly I've neglected their amazing EPs recently, so I guess it's time to dig 'em out again. I've been playing the hell out of "U Turn" so much, I kinda forgot about their old music. These project name/record label licensing never really bothered me, as I could never remember who is signed to where, but that's why their music speaks a trizillion words!!! YAY!!!

Damn, I forgot these details, and honestly I've neglected their amazing EPs recently, so I guess it's time to dig 'em out again. I've been playing the hell out of "U Turn" so much, I kinda forgot about their old music. These project name/record label licensing never really bothered me, as I could never remember who is signed to where, but that's why their music speaks a trizillion words!!! YAY!!!

I dug out Koxbox "Forever After" not long ago, listening through all my old releases.... I was amazed how wonderful it still sounded, after so many years lying in the dark :-)

- Krell

:)

ah, I see ... I knew about Koxbox and Saiko-Pod only and always thought when people talk about Psychopod they mean Saiko-Pod because the names are pronounced the same way...