Shpongle 4, Hallucinogen 3

Posted on Shpongle's MySpace blog in late January:

"Please sign up to my labels (Twisted Records) Mailing list to be the FIRST TO KNOW about my releases such as Shpongle 4, Hallucinogen 3, Ott 2, and Younger Brother - The Last Days of Gravity."

Well, well... what to make of this? Unbelievably good news? Premature announcement? Wishful thinking? Hype? Just a dirty way to get people sign up to Twisted's mailing list?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...42-77bedb13981a

Ott 2 - Oh yes, thank you very much :)

Shpongle 4 - like someone cared about Samba

Hallucinogen 3 - disappointing or impressive this is going to be? (Yoda mode) I think about the first option.

Younger Brother - we'll see...

I am very skeptical about Hallucinogen 3.

It can be done, but will it live up to the fantasy, the dream-come-true concept many of us have had since around 1998.. (?)

A third Hallucinogen album would have to be so utterly amazing, detailed, innovative, clever, groundbreaking. It can't just be weird, crazy, bizarre, trippy stuff. It would have to be so powerful, arresting. Super awesome, super catchy.

When you think about it, people who talk about Hallucinogen giving it this perfect, God-like complex are often talking about his first or first two albums and what they did for those times. People are generally not talking post 21st Century Hallucinogen songs when they speak so highly. I have heard songs by Hallucinogen past the 21st Century that disappointed me, songs that aren't that good at all. Let's not get into that topic here. I'm just saying that if he wants to reclaim top title of psy/goa trance once again he's gotta again release his art to music as Alex Grey is to his amazing artwork. Hey anythings possible right? :)

I really like the "When will I be Free" song on his MS page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=49430046

I'm very curious to know the name of the song playing in the background when you access this blog, page here. Does anyone know? (?)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...42-77bedb13981a

From Twisted.co.uk (23 January):

"It was confirmed today that there is to be no Shpongle boxset to wrap up the Shpongle story...as the Shpongle tale is set to continue with a fourth studio album possibly completed late this year for release early in 2008. more details when we have them."

The gnomes have found a new way to say hooray! Now if they (kind of) confirmed H3 too...

It funny how it's taken so long for these news to actually get read and spread. :)

Sideffect, there's a link to the official Shpongle page on the blog page I linked, in the upper left corner:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=49430046

Ott 2 - Oh yes, thank you very much :)

Shpongle 4 - like someone cared about Samba

Hallucinogen 3 - disappointing or impressive this is going to be? (Yoda mode) I think about the first option.

Younger Brother - we'll see...

My thoughts excatly :)

I have heard songs by Hallucinogen past the 21st Century that disappointed me, songs that aren't that good at all.

yea i think simons power vanished when he played the mi luny um track live to welcome in the 21st century.

i would prefer he doesnt put out hallucinogen 3, obviously he's not inspired to do that type of music anymore, its been almost 10 years.

shpongle 4? "nothing lasts... but sometimes we can stretch things out a little bit longer if we need to make a buck".

fuck him, he should hang it up. The only way i would buy anything from him at this point is if by some act of the gods he gets Sean Williams to work with him again.