Stealing Music

Drosophila

Just found this on isratrance and thought this was important enough to share here!

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear friends. This letter concerns everyone who is connected with electronic music. Irrespective of, whether you are the musician or representative of some label, distribute disks or simply get music for yourself, or are otherwise involved in a world of electronic music. We, Sergy (NOWEHEREMAN), TONY LIZARD and Maxim Crystal represent Russian label Vertigo-Records (www.vertigo-records.com), published in 2006 7 releases on which such figures of a world trance as The Nommos, Terminator, Ocelot, TROLD, Furious, Hokus Pokus, Derango, Alien Mental and many others have been issued their compositions. Each music track that had been let out by us was got with observance of all necessary procedures and completely paid. All the musical compositions which were collected by us completely legally worldwide in 2006, now has been stolen at us by the person Iraklis Ntregkas, speaking on behalf of Company Z.M.A.-Label-Distribution-Group. A site http://www.zma-distribution.com, e-mail - info@zma-distribution.com, sales@zma-distribution.com. Having undertaken distribution of our releases, this person and its Company successfully sold our production during 2006, not having the lawful bases for that actions. According to the most conservative estimates he has earned about 40 000 euros for a year only on selling our disks. Using our trust and having taken advantage of our removed placement, he has appropriated all the money received from our CDs sales. Dejavue Records money as well. Now he can continue attempts to distribute CDs of label Vertigo-Records, and also try to involve in cooperation new Labels. This letter – is a caution for all those who already works with this person or company, or will get in their field of vision in the future. We call you to show attentiveness and care and despite of any promises proceeding on behalf of ZMA-Distribution or Iraklis Ntregkas personally - to not to trust anything outgoing from him. Even if he will also promise excellent sales and fast payments. As we could be convinced all his promises serve only to one purpose - to entice in the networks the next victim from the world of electronic music. As we said before - we have not received the money. It is more than that, some of musicians couldn’t get any CD’s with their releases. For some of them it were the very first releases. We couldn’t send any CD’s even to Nommos with his track released on it.

By this letter we also address to distributors of musical production with the request to not to buy disks of Vertigo-Records at ZMA, and for already bought - to not pay money to ZMA. All Vertigoe’s production offered by ZMA-had been stolen. Neither Iraklis Ntregkas nor ZMA does not possess any document, on what the releases from Vertigo sold from its name, certifying its right to sale of concrete CDs. Once again we ask you to show vigilance in work and we wish you only fair partners in your business. We also ask you to render us the possible help - to transfer this letter to the maximal number of your friends from the world of music and if whoever from you has, or will have the information about a placement or about any activity of Iraklis Ntregkas - to inform us about any became known facts (during the last 2 months this person disappears). Thanks.

P.S. Last from releases of Vertigo "Meaning of the life" has been devoted to memory untimely left from us Viktor Zolotarenko aka Zolod, Parasense, Burned Processor, Terminator, Freaking, Big Noise, DejaVue fabrique The part of the fee obtained from sale of this release, should be transferred in the help of Victor's to parents. Knowing about it many famous musicians including even GMS, usually having few thousand euro for one music, transferred us the material for processing almost free of charge. Iraklis Ntregkas and ZMA-Distribution have counted all this not having values and have appropriated money of Victor’s parents to itself.

I recommend u to check out their site to see who else they are cheating and which releases to be careful buying! http://www.zma-distribution.com

This is sick aye?!!!!

Discuss!

This is nothing new... most distributors have these accusations leveled against them at some point or another... ZMA has been a subject of suspicion for years now. What passes for business ethics in the psytrance underground would make your blood curdle.

Its very sad that we have to deal with this kind of shit...

I would recommend that anyone who wishes to get music distributed by ZMA go straight to the label itself, and get digital copies or something... Im sure they would be happy, especially after getting fucked over...

And boycott ZMA. If Hercules has no clientele, he has no business.

He already lost all his credibility.

This is nothing new... most distributors have these accusations leveled against them at some point or another... ZMA has been a subject of suspicion for years now. What passes for business ethics in the psytrance underground would make your blood curdle.

Shame, a big big shame.

Still I think, if you have the right documentation, that you could do well in court.

I think something is in the works...

I really hope everything works out for everyone affected...

BTW, here's some links to label sites who disto through ZMA, so maybe you can find a way to go around them.

www.vertigo-records.com

www.psybertribe.org

www.night-oracle-records.com

http://www.noizeconspiracy.com/home.html

Support the labels and artists working to bring us great music! Not the greedy fuckers snapping up everything they can!

I think something is in the works...

I really hope everything works out for everyone affected...

BTW, here's some links to label sites who disto through ZMA, so maybe you can find a way to go around them.

www.vertigo-records.com

www.psybertribe.org

www.night-oracle-records.com

http://www.noizeconspiracy.com/home.html

Support the labels and artists working to bring us great music! Not the greedy fuckers snapping up everything they can!

I really hope for their sake that they some how can join forces and get something done.

Do u have any idea of what they will do about it?

And that Hercules guy will roast in karma hell for this evil doing!

I'm glad I have only bought one CD with zma as distributor.... It's like throwing money out the window, nothing new grows from it, only some filthy person's wallet :angry:

I got quite a few before I heard about this...

Most I bought direct from Nikon, head of Psybertribe, so I know at least those he got paid for...

But the last thing I bought, recently, was VA-First Oracle, and on inspection saw that fateful logo...

I know for sure that Psybertribe is going digital, and you'll be able to DL their releases soon.

As for legal actions, I haven't heard anything.

Im sure, though, it won't be long til something happens with ZMA.

On Isra, where Maxim from Vertigo posted this first, they were recommending a Rent-A-Killer! :lol:

Vertigo and Deja Vu have made a new label, Indigo, I can't help but wonder if that is because of being fucked by ZMA... Though, I don't know that Deja Vu ever distro'd on ZMA...

Shame, a big big shame.

Still I think, if you have the right documentation, that you could do well in court.

I wonder if there has ever been successful legal action in the entire history of the psytrance movement... let's face it, the amount of money is small and most disputes cross national (even continental) boundaries. I know everyone uses contracts and such but business is essentially done on the honour system. Disputes are made through angry email and IM chat sessions that ultimately devolve into an outraged posting in the Isratrance general forum. At least that's how I see it... I have heard enough stories of labels and artists getting fucked over--hell even I paid an artist USD$300 once and never received a thing. It sucks, which is why doing business with people you know (i.e. the Digital Structures model) seems to be better for all involved.

I got quite a few before I heard about this...

Most I bought direct from Nikon, head of Psybertribe, so I know at least those he got paid for...

But the last thing I bought, recently, was VA-First Oracle, and on inspection saw that fateful logo...

I know for sure that Psybertribe is going digital, and you'll be able to DL their releases soon.

As for legal actions, I haven't heard anything.

Im sure, though, it won't be long til something happens with ZMA.

On Isra, where Maxim from Vertigo posted this first, they were recommending a Rent-A-Killer! :lol:

Vertigo and Deja Vu have made a new label, Indigo, I can't help but wonder if that is because of being fucked by ZMA... Though, I don't know that Deja Vu ever distro'd on ZMA...

Well thats just too bad... that money should have gone into something good :( it makes me sad!

I think that Deja Vu had one CD distributed by zma and that is Deja Vu Fabrique....(it says so on the zma webpage) :( I have wanted to buy that one for a while too.... (luckily I didn't get around to it... so now I will get the chance of getting it directly from Deja Vu directly.... hopefully ;) )

I wonder if there has ever been successful legal action in the entire history of the psytrance movement... let's face it, the amount of money is small and most disputes cross national (even continental) boundaries. I know everyone uses contracts and such but business is essentially done on the honour system. Disputes are made through angry email and IM chat sessions that ultimately devolve into an outraged posting in the Isratrance general forum. At least that's how I see it... I have heard enough stories of labels and artists getting fucked over--hell even I paid an artist USD$300 once and never received a thing. It sucks, which is why doing business with people you know (i.e. the Digital Structures model) seems to be better for all involved.

So in general (as I see it now), the more cold-harted diplomacy you involve in the maintenance of your relations with partners and cooperatives, the more chance you have not to be fucked over.

Guest antic

So in general (as I see it now), the more cold-harted diplomacy you involve in the maintenance of your relations with partners and cooperatives, the more chance you have not to be fucked over.

Well, that is how business in general works :)

that's nice.thanks for the news...i should had heard about this from someone else thou.. :rolleyes:

Nikon? ;)

He posted a blog thingy on tribe or myspace or somewhere about going digital... Thats the last I heard to tell you the truth. Im sure it will be better than letting ZMA steal any more...

Nikon? ;)

He posted a blog thingy on tribe or myspace or somewhere about going digital... Thats the last I heard to tell you the truth. Im sure it will be better than letting ZMA steal any more...

yeah.I'll check that out.and i agree with you :)