Posted Image

Artists: ITP

Title: Lose Your Illusion

Label: Sundance

Format: CD

Country of Origin: Israel

Released: February 2007

tracks: 10

ITP (Individual Thought Patterns) are Erez Yaffe and Sami Sabin, 2 musicians from Israel. A colorful cover by Farb0 suits their sound like well-fitted jeans, and certainly foreshadows the atmospheres found in the tracks. Guitars, Oud, Darbuka, and vocal work by Erez and Sami, with female vocals by Shani Peleg, and rants by George Carlin. Deep, smooth, powerful, colorful, silly, cynical, experimental are words that I would use to describe ITP!

So, lets take a look here shall we?

Track 1-Stop Killing The Animals You Stupid Fucks II Nice bouncy bass, a bit faster at 148bpm than a lot of full on, trancey melodies, silly George Carlin samples... A great track to start out an album with! A taste of what's to come!

Track 2-ITP on Nitro-Daylight Murder Starting with a clean 16th note bass and some nice tribalish percussion, this one's got a bit less power than the previous. Melodies are still here, still nice. Some nice samples work in and out. This one could work nicely at night time. Sorta industrial-ish sounds... Another good one! Not so cynical as the previous, more a serious dancefloor track. :D

Track 3-Advertisement Another cynical-funny track with more George Carlin, this time ranting about how people get ass-raped by companies who use mind-control to get them to buy garbage they don't really need. Jumpy bassline, twinkly sounds bring the track in. Nice and mellow-smooth beginning brings in some nice psychedelic noises, then the 16th bass kicks back in, driving the energy up a level. Then a neat little hip-hop ish section with nice breakbeats, then more jumpy bass. Tasteful e-guitar work, nice chimey sounds. Another nice one! So far, this is a great album.

Track 4-Lose Your Illusion part 1 Some more nice breakbeat ish stuff begins this track. Nice minimal bass starts out, clean as usual, nice percussion, also as usual! Nice slow gradual building of energy, this one would work really well indoors, at a club. Typical Israeli break, not too long like some I could mention... More neat little breakbeats. Then it sort of fades into the next track...

Track 5-Not Responding Starting out fading out from the previous, into a sorta neat little melody floating around the chimey sounds. Then a galloping bass comes in, and the initial melody gives way to a bit more chimes. Then comes a near-cheesy melody, taken the wrong way Im sure it could be considered cheese. (Inside the cover it says: "Not Responding super kitschy melody by Dotan Israel ;) ) But it works well here, and just listen to the rest of the track! It gets better... More guitar, still well done, a 16th note bass, then some vocals (by Shani Peleg). Atmospheric chimey break, brings to mind the Nutcracker... Then some more kitsch, and some more breakbeats. So far not a bad track but not my favorite...

Track 6-Knul Hfaf Bash Strange name... This one is nearly entirely in the 3/4 time signature. BododoBododo... This kind of time sig always strikes me as mellower, not so energetic, and for some reason Im always waiting for it to pick up... But not here! Not at 160 bpm, this one reminds me of Juno Reactor's Conga Fury, with an Israeli twist. I guess this is where the Oriental Melodies come in, it is indeed a very Middle Eastern melody. Powerful track!

Track 7-Guatemala This one is definitely my favorite of the album, nice smooth morning track, typical Israeli sound but so well done... And the spanish guitars... Melts in my mind, not in the cd player! ;) Trance and traditional Spanish style, ahhh... :D So nice! Vocals suit it well. (No words, just singing) Building up more and more powerful through out, Im sure this one will move some asses on dancefloors. One of my favorite tracks, not just on this album! This one definitely puts ITP on my 'to watch' list!

Track 8-Happy Flight More silly Carlin samples, wondering what Ive wondered myself a few times... More of a minimal track, though a pretty fast one at 150bpm. Nice and clean, though it doesnt really grab me... But not bad!

Track 9-Gato Escaldado The second fastest track at 155, vocals and classical Spanish guitar work bring this one in. It seems to me to be focussed mainly on the Spanish melody, which is pretty cool! More 3/4 time in the middle of the track. Ends sort of mellower than it began, but after all its the last trance track of the album!

Track 10-Lose Your Illusion part 2 An acoustic guitar track finishes up the album! Never heard that on a trance release before! Playing around with the melody of Part 1. Nice finale to a good release!

With so many different aspects to these tracks, it seems that everyone who likes good, colorful, often experimental trance can find something on here to like! Spanish guitars, both acoustic and electric, crisp production, tons of well placed synth sounds and samples, very tasteful vocals. A quite varied album, some may say it may not flow as well as it could... It works well to me! Some tracks have a very much Israeli sound to them, but not like the cheese that Israel is often known for. This is high quality work, not just some sound-school graduate in their cubicle, but real musicians making real, meaningful music. It certainly seems we should see more from these guys! I for one am looking forward to it!

Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 7!!!

All in all I give this release an 8.6/10

• 3 weeks later...

10x for the review! It is interesting & well written.

More info about ITP:

www.itpmusic.net

www.myspace.com/iiitttppp

To buy "ITP - Lose Your Illusion" online:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6347

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sud/sud1cd031.html

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...owDetail=151932

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3308

Enjoy ;)

Erez & Sami

ITP

• 4 weeks later...

I realy like this CD's. I havnt been to much into psytrance lately because I found most releases very boring and unoriginal. But this one catched my interest again. I am surprised it doesnt seem to be that popular, but maybe more people just need to listen to it as its ITP is a rather new group. Only drawback I can think of is the short playingtime, just 63 mins. But I rather have 63 mins of exelent music then 80 mins of crap ;)

• 6 months later...