what monitors do you use?

This is probably not the first post asking about monitors, but on a quick search I didn't find any matching results. I'm just curious to know. I currently use a pair of Genelc 8040 connected to a 7060B Subwoofer, an Infinity home stereo setup I use for double checking the mix. Sometimes I get the impression that the Genelecs are a bit weak in the low mids, or is it just me?

Anyway, which monitors do you use?

I use a pair of Genelec 8020A (the small ones!) and I'm totally satisfied with them. Very convenient and very precise.

Sometimes I get the impression that the Genelecs are a bit weak in the low mids, or is it just me?

It could be that I got used to them but the 8020s sound fine to me (given their small size).

nice :D after working with headphones on my ears for a couple of years, im using the cheapest 3.1 system, that rules.

the subwoofer woofs straightly on my nuts :lol: :lol: so i dont hear basslines, just feel them :P

behringer truth B2030A

yeah...heard they were good. They work just fine they do.

2 x Genelec 8040A

They kick ass, i'm just ashamed i can't provide them with a room setup that does them justice so i can make full use of them. I need a bigger apartment... :unsure:

I'm running on the smallest ones of KRK Rokit Kits.

Just love the sound of them and know it quite well. Given the fact I make music in our appartment I can't turn up volumes anyway. Besides they sound awesome on movie scores which I do besides making trance music.

Best

oliver

• 1 month later...

I have a pair of Adam A7

and I am loving them

technical comparisons are all over the internet but hear this from the first mouth

they re great,

I was looking at genelecs but around the same quality you ve to pay a lot more to genelec

I wasnt sure of a7 as they were kind of introductory adam monitors but they blew my socks off

you gotto check them out