WORST OF 2006!

Pandemonium

Aren't we supposed to avoid focusing and putting energy into the bad stuff?? :huh:

Seriously, you people have way too much time on your hands. :D;)

Aren't we supposed to avoid focusing and putting energy into the bad stuff?? :huh:

Didn't quite see how this thread turned out did ya? it was smiles all round :) Except george bush <_<

I think both in a way. Or its just that many americans dont know about psytrance really. Or most americans are contempt with listening to just whats on the radio, or hiphop. Very shallow music. What kind of music a person listens to says alot about who they are. Music is a very personal thing. Bush did sign off on an anti rave act, under the the patriot act 2. It stated that officials were legally allowed to shut down a party for no reason at all, just because they were playing electronic music.

for real :huh:

That's like ... :( ... like :angry: ... and after a while like :ph34r:

Bush did sign off on an anti rave act, under the the patriot act 2. It stated that officials were legally allowed to shut down a party for no reason at all, just because they were playing electronic music.

this is just wrong information. there is no patriot act 2, its draft legislation that has never been signed. The rave act was signed in 2003 and by that time the rave scene was already pretty dead.

Basically from 1999 on back we had a great rave scene in major cities here. Then around 1999 it started getting more media attention, and frat boys/party types/normal people would show up just to party and take drugs. At that point the old school ravers who had gone awhile moved on, then maybe the frat boy/party types lasted about a year or 2. the fad wore off and then there was basically nothing left after that. It had very little to do with law enforcement/government, they were way late "to the party", no pun intended.

Psytrance parties have always been on the small side, the ravers tended to like more variety of djs than just all psy all night so didnt show up all that much.

at this point its totally unground, totally kicks ass. sounds way way better than anything i hear about in other countries. other countries psy parties sound very much like what happend to our raves in 2000 here.

There's decent psytrance in and about LA, California - Wizzy Noise is playing here tommorow (though I don't know if they'l be any good...)

Saw Ace Ventura and Capsula about a month ago... I think the new Ace Ventura album will be worth checking out, and Capsula is really talented downtempo stuff...

But yea, psychedelic drugs and psychedelic art/culture are not popular in the USA - it's all about what's on the surface here, image is everything, deeper meaning and purpose in life is way in the backseat to the values of popular culture and capitalism...

Worst of 2006 - did Entheogenic "Golden Cap" come out then or was that 2005?

I don't care for bad releases so I can't name them.

Haven't heard many, but my biggest disappointment was Pleiadians album but only coz it was most definitely not THEIR ORIGINAL sound. <_<

Worst of 2006 - did Entheogenic "Golden Cap" come out then or was that 2005?

Yes that was 2006. Didn't think it was bad, just really boring! Such a disappointment :(

You guys in Japan should go to 6-d soundz/Sharaku`s parties :)

As to the topic at hand, no idea, I tend to stay away from crap releases and I don´t really listen to trance that much anymo :D

You guys in Japan should go to 6-d soundz/Sharaku`s parties :)

As to the topic at hand, no idea, I tend to stay away from crap releases and I don´t really listen to trance that much anymo :D

Ill have to look into that. I have never heard of 6-d soundz or Sharaku. I presume smaller, more intimate underground gatherings right?

this is just wrong information. there is no patriot act 2, its draft legislation that has never been signed. The rave act was signed in 2003 and by that time the rave scene was already pretty dead.

Basically from 1999 on back we had a great rave scene in major cities here. Then around 1999 it started getting more media attention, and frat boys/party types/normal people would show up just to party and take drugs. At that point the old school ravers who had gone awhile moved on, then maybe the frat boy/party types lasted about a year or 2. the fad wore off and then there was basically nothing left after that. It had very little to do with law enforcement/government, they were way late "to the party", no pun intended.

Psytrance parties have always been on the small side, the ravers tended to like more variety of djs than just all psy all night so didnt show up all that much.

at this point its totally unground, totally kicks ass. sounds way way better than anything i hear about in other countries. other countries psy parties sound very much like what happend to our raves in 2000 here.

Anti-Rave Bills

Background

The RAVE Act which threatens to squash live music and free speech was passed in 2003 when it was tacked onto an unrelated child protection bill. In 2004 there were two additional pieces of legislation considered - the CLEAN-UP Act and the Ecstasy Awareness Act - that threatened to widen the laws to prosecute anyone who holds an event and fails to prevent illicit drug use.

Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) forced the controversial legislation, widely referred to as the "RAVE" Act, through both houses of Congress as an attachment to an unrelated child abduction - AMBER Alert bill (S151). The "RAVE" Act had not passed a single committee before being attached to the AMBER Alert bill. In addition, it was so controversial when it was introduced during the 107th Congress that two Senators withdrew their sponsorship.

The "RAVE" Act makes it easier for the federal government to prosecute innocent business owners for the drug offenses of their customers - even if they take steps to stop such activity. The "RAVE" Act attached to the AMBER Alert legislation passed both the House and the Senate despite the fact there had been no public hearing, debate or vote in Congress this year. Due to overwhelming opposition to the "RAVE" Act, legislators were forced to remove some of the most egregious language before it passed. For example, the word "rave" was removed from this version of the bill. Also, the original bill suggested that prosecutors should view the sale of water and the presence of glowsticks or massage oil as evidence of drug use. These preposterous "findings" were removed in large part due to activists who sent nearly 30,000 faxes to their Senators between January and April 2003, urging them not to support such dangerous legislation. The AMBER Alert bill with the "RAVE" Act attachment was signed into law by President Bush on April 30, 2003. Click here for a legislative history of the RAVE Act.

The Consequences

The Rave Act has the force to stop licensed and law-abiding business owners from hosting events out of fear of massive fines and prison sentences. Shortly after the act became law, a federal agent in Montana used it to shut down a benefit to raise money for Students for Sensible Drug Policy and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. The DEA agent told managers of the Eagle Lodge in Billings, Montana that the Lodge could be fined $250,000 if anyone smoked marijuana during a planned benefit to raise money for a campaign to pass a medical marijuana law in Montana. The Eagle Lodge canceled the event.

The law applies to any business owner, including bar owners, motel owners, concert promoters, and cruise ship owners. Because of its broad language, the law could even potentially subject people to twenty years in federal prison if guests smoked marijuana at their party or barbecue.

DEA vs Electronic Music

Since its beginnings the electronic music dance phenomenon has been condemned by forceful politicians, sensationalist media and concerned parents. Today, electronic music parties are being directly targeted by law enforcement. It is the official position of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) that a rave is nothing more than a venue for drug sales, distribution and use and consequently, the agency has sought to criminally prosecute electronic music concert promoters under the federal "crack house" statute and encourages local authorities to do the same.

Did you even read a word I wrote when I started this thread? I stated that I wasnt trying to be negative. This was supposed to be more of a fun thing. As for the to much time on my hands bit, you may have been a member of the Psynews forum alot longer than me, but that still doesnt change the fact that you have what like almost 800 posts on this website and I only have 30. Who really has to much time on their hands here?

pandamonium i dont get your point in posting the rave bill. like i said it was pretty much over before that was signed anyway just because the fad wore off. dont make it sound like the US has nothing going on at all though because of that bill and the promoters are all terrified of the government. it was nothing but a political show.

We just had a drum n bass party here last night and i'm not even in a big city. its not my thing but i think usually 30-40 people show up. The people that throw those parties just do it because they love loud drum n bass and set the price to just break even and cover cost of the party. No one cares about parties here anymore accept the true lovers of the music. The government doesnt care because so few people go to these.

the other city i lived in 2 years ago had the best party. an open deck night(records only) that would go until 6am. Free drinks untill 1am or the alcohol ran out. Being records only the only psy that really got played was when someone would show up with old goa :) it ruled.

Ill have to look into that. I have never heard of 6-d soundz or Sharaku. I presume smaller, more intimate underground gatherings right?

6-D Soundz' parties are generally around 300 to 500 people these days from what I hear. I played at a couple of their smaller parties back in 2005. Sharaku is a very cool guy, but be warned that the over all sound is very "Finland" centered, as some people don't really like that sound. The majority of their parties are centered around the Mt. Fuji area, but they have a few in different locations on occassion. Definately good vibes though.

Jikkenteki summed it up. :)

http://www.6d-soundz.org/

^This is their site, seems to be going through an overhaul atm.

It been like that for ages... I really don't get it.... why make all that graphics and the only thing u can do is to contact them...

Its just a very advanced email link really.... :blink:

6-D Soundz' parties are generally around 300 to 500 people these days from what I hear. I played at a couple of their smaller parties back in 2005. Sharaku is a very cool guy, but be warned that the over all sound is very "Finland" centered, as some people don't really like that sound. The majority of their parties are centered around the Mt. Fuji area, but they have a few in different locations on occassion. Definately good vibes though.

I actually really enjoy the Finish sound. I went to your link and then I ended up on youtube watching a 10 minute video from 2005. This is what Im looking for. I have grown tired of the mainstream psy events here in Japan and from what it looks like and as you said good vibes all around. I have longed for a real scene with sincere real people that are really into the music and not just at an event to be seen.