WORST OF 2006!

Pandemonium

I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE, BUT I WAS THINKING ABOUT IT AND THOUGHT THAT IF THE BEST OF 2006 WERE MENTIONED THEN WHY NOT THE WORST OF 2006. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO HEAR EVERYONES OPINIONS ON THE ABSOLUTE MOST HORABLE PSYTRANCE THAT CAME OUT LAST YEAR. IM NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE, I JUST FIGURED THAT SOME ALBUMS DESERVED THE ATTENTION OF BEING THE WORST. HERE ARE THE ABSOLUTE MOST BORING, UNINSPIRING, AND DISPOSABLE ALBUMS OF 2006 IN MY OPINION. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, ALL EQUALLY AWFUL.

1. PARANORMAL ATTACK-PHENOMENA (CHEMICAL CREW)

2. DALI-HECTIC (HOMMEGA PRODUCTIONS)

3. SIRIUS ISNESS-TRANCE FUSION (PHANTASM RECORDS)

4. MEKKANIKKA-INTOXICATED (PLANET B.E.N. RECORDS)

5. ESKIMO-BALLOONATIC PART 2 (PHANTASM RECORDS)

6. WIZZY NOISE-SABOTAGE PART 2 (EXPOSURE PRODUCTIONS)

7. TACTIC MIND-TOP OF THE HILL (COM.PACT RECORDS)

THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO YOUR VOTES. YOU CAN CHOOSE AS LITTLE OR AS MANY AS YOU FEEL DESERVE THE SPOTLIGHT FOR THE WORST OF 2006!!!

I didn't actually here that much bad stuff last year! I avoided all the crap I knew would be shite. Dali, Eskimo etc.

I did listen to Skazi - I'm a Wanker in Tower records though! That was alright until I pushed play.

The worst album I bought & listened to was Electric Universe - Silence in Action. On the whole it wasn't that bad but the 2 guitar tracks took it from average to shite IMO

Where abouts in Tokyo do you live pandemonium?

Dali-Hectic this is the worst thing i have ever heard and the new Infected Mushroom[ i have heard samples on psyshop], yes it's 2007 i know but....

it was scheduled to be released in 2006 but now they are so Pop they had to have to time to promote it! :P

I didn't actually here that much bad stuff last year! I avoided all the crap I knew would be shite. Dali, Eskimo etc.

I did listen to Skazi - I'm a Wanker in Tower records though! That was alright until I pushed play.

The worst album I bought & listened to was Electric Universe - Silence in Action. On the whole it wasn't that bad but the 2 guitar tracks took it from average to shite IMO

Where abouts in Tokyo do you live pandemonium?

I know in Tower Records and HMV everything sounds so damn good on those headphones they have. I also avoided most of the crap due to the fact that I had friends buy the albums before me, thus saving me the money. I also go to Quintrix Disc Lounge and Cisco in Shibuya quite frequently. I actually live in yokohama at the moment.

I know in Tower Records and HMV everything sounds so damn good on those headphones they have. I also avoided most of the crap due to the fact that I had friends buy the albums before me, thus saving me the money. I also go to Quintrix Disc Lounge and Cisco in Shibuya quite frequently. I actually live in yokohama at the moment.

Yokohama? Me too. There used to be a wicked Goa store here but it closed down. Quintrix is great if a bit expensive. Near there you should check out Disc Union. I have found some old classics well cheap there!

Where in Yokohama?

Well, it could be just me, but I always though that things such as "the best" or "the worst" don't really exist... Why? Because something that in your ears sounds essential and spectacular, may sound like utter crap to somebody else on the other pole of the globe... It's all relative and depends on subjective judgement and one's taste. There sure are people who found Skazi's album amazing, otherwise the guy wouldn't be a fucking celebrity! Or am I wrong?

Yeah yeah, not that I've acted all smart and shit, I'll come straight with my true intentions: if there was anything with Infected Mushroom included, then I put it on my worst of 2006 "worst of" list. Without even listening to it. Yes, I am ignorant. Yes, I am evil. And yes, by now you must have guessed it, I use every chance I get to mock I.M. I truly do classify as a little prick!

Yokohama? Me too. There used to be a wicked Goa store here but it closed down. Quintrix is great if a bit expensive. Near there you should check out Disc Union. I have found some old classics well cheap there!

Where in Yokohama?

Yes, wasnt the store called space in space or something like that. It was located near hmv near Yokohama station. There is a good store in Shinjuku called Psychedelic Garden, but they cater more to psychedlic clothing and posters and that sort of thing. They do have some cds though. I never heard of Disc Union before. Is that located in Shibuya? Im in Negishi. Are you familiar with that area?

Yes, wasnt the store called space in space or something like that. It was located near hmv near Yokohama station. There is a good store in Shinjuku called Psychedelic Garden, but they cater more to psychedlic clothing and posters and that sort of thing. They do have some cds though. I never heard of Disc Union before. Is that located in Shibuya? Im in Negishi. Are you familiar with that area?

Disc Union is a big store near quintrix, walk towards the station from quintrix (not in the direction of tower but HMV) & look to your left. You'd see it within a minute.

Negishi? On the negishi line/kehintohoku line? Yeah I know it. My girlfriend lives somewhere near (konandai). I myself live in Mitsukyo on the sotetsu line. West saiiid :)

Disc Union is a big store near quintrix, walk towards the station from quintrix (not in the direction of tower but HMV) & look to your left. You'd see it within a minute.

Negishi? On the negishi line/kehintohoku line? Yeah I know it. My girlfriend lives somewhere near (konandai). I myself live in Mitsukyo on the sotetsu line. West saiiid :)

I might have seen that store before without ever really noticing. Konandai is about 3 or 4 stops from my house. As for Mitsukyo, Im not sure where that is. Where are you from? Do you go to alot of partys out here?

I might have seen that store before without ever really noticing. Konandai is about 3 or 4 stops from my house. As for Mitsukyo, Im not sure where that is. Where are you from? Do you go to alot of partys out here?

I'm from England!

I've been to a few parties here but not that many! All the ones I've been to have been really good though. Only been to 1 this year as I've been really busy :(

You?

I'm from England!

I've been to a few parties here but not that many! All the ones I've been to have been really good though. Only been to 1 this year as I've been really busy :(

You?

Im from the U.S. of A. I have been in Japan for a while. I dont know if you were here when Arcadia was around 2 years ago. In my opinion Arcadia was way better than any Solstice or Vision Quest partys. It was tokyos raw psychedelic scene when those guys were around. Plus I used to get in for free because I knew some of the promoters.

Im from the U.S. of A. I have been in Japan for a while. I dont know if you were here when Arcadia was around 2 years ago. In my opinion Arcadia was way better than any Solstice or Vision Quest partys. It was tokyos raw psychedelic scene when those guys were around. Plus I used to get in for free because I knew some of the promoters.

Been here for about 4 years. The first 3 were quite a blur & I know I went to some Arcadia stuff but I had to pay to get in <_<

I don't know any promoters :(:P

Been here for about 4 years. The first 3 were quite a blur & I know I went to some Arcadia stuff but I had to pay to get in <_<

I don't know any promoters :(:P

I have been here just a little over four years also. I dont know any promoters any more anyways. I do know a brazilian dj named Roger that spins at all of the Vision Quest partys so I can get in to one for free once in a while. I have only been to 2 partys this year myself. You can only go to the indoor partys so much before you need a change in scenery. Im just waiting for the outdoor festival season to start, then Ill definitely be hittin up some parties in the forests and mountains of Japan.

I have been here just a little over four years also. I dont know any promoters any more anyways. I do know a brazilian dj named Roger that spins at all of the Vision Quest partys so I can get in to one for free once in a while. I have only been to 2 partys this year myself. You can only go to the indoor partys so much before you need a change in scenery. Im just waiting for the outdoor festival season to start, then Ill definitely be hittin up some parties in the forests and mountains of Japan.

Hell yeah! I'm definately hitting them up this year :) Got a lot of holidays & although my family wants me to waste them all going back to my poxy little town in England to sit around drinking tea and being cold ($1200) I would much rather go to the Japanese mountains & party money well spent I think!!!

What are you doing in Japan?

Hell yeah! I'm definately hitting them up this year :) Got a lot of holidays & although my family wants me to waste them all going back to my poxy little town in England to sit around drinking tea and being cold ($1200) I would much rather go to the Japanese mountains & party money well spent I think!!!

What are you doing in Japan?

I work on an american Navy base as a civilian. How about you? We should go party together some time. Im always looking for new friends that are interested in the same music as me.

I work on an american Navy base as a civilian. How about you? We should go party together some time. Im always looking for new friends that are interested in the same music as me.

I work for NOVA :unsure::P

Sure man. None of my mates are into psy!

:)

I work for NOVA :unsure::P

Sure man. None of my mates are into psy!

:)

NOVA is that english teaching company right? I once had an interview in tokyo with GABA (another english teaching company) Once I found out that I had to go to 3 full days of training without pay and also no travel pay on top of that, I was like forget it. What a rip off. I have a few friends that are into psy. Some are Japanese and a few are american. Psy trance isnt big at all in the U.S. even though it has gotten bigger lately. In the eyes of George Bush, your pretty much a terrorist if you dont conform to the way that society wants you to be. And Psytrance in America is definitely not conforming. Anyways my name is Clayton. My phone number is 08031700286. Hit me up any time man, just to chill or to talk about music.

NOVA is that english teaching company right? I once had an interview in tokyo with GABA (another english teaching company) Once I found out that I had to go to 3 full days of training without pay and also no travel pay on top of that, I was like forget it. What a rip off. I have a few friends that are into psy. Some are Japanese and a few are american. Psy trance isnt big at all in the U.S. even though it has gotten bigger lately. In the eyes of George Bush, your pretty much a terrorist if you dont conform to the way that society wants you to be. And Psytrance in America is definitely not conforming. Anyways my name is Clayton. My phone number is 08031700286. Hit me up any time man, just to chill or to talk about music.

Is Psytrance not big because of bush or is bush the President because psytrance isnt big? :ph34r:

Aye that's right. The English one. We got paid for travel & for training :)

My name's Joseph by the way!

Is Psytrance not big because of bush or is bush the President because psytrance isnt big? :ph34r:

I think both in a way. Or its just that many americans dont know about psytrance really. Or most americans are contempt with listening to just whats on the radio, or hiphop. Very shallow music. What kind of music a person listens to says alot about who they are. Music is a very personal thing. Bush did sign off on an anti rave act, under the the patriot act 2. It stated that officials were legally allowed to shut down a party for no reason at all, just because they were playing electronic music.

It's why bush will lose the next election, because the US psy community will be heard :lol:

I think both in a way. Or its just that many americans dont know about psytrance really. Or most americans are contempt with listening to just whats on the radio, or hiphop. Very shallow music. What kind of music a person listens to says alot about who they are. Music is a very personal thing. Bush did sign off on an anti rave act, under the the patriot act 2. It stated that officials were legally allowed to shut down a party for no reason at all, just because they were playing electronic music.

Well it is the source of all evil :lol:

It's why bush will lose the next election, because the US psy community will be heard :lol:

I think the fact that the psy scene in america has began to grow lately, (particularly in California) shows signs that many more americans are finally exploring different cultures and ideas once again. It seamed for a while there that the country was asleep. But things are looking up lately. As for Bush. The only reason he made the last election is because he has an army of brainwashed followers behind him. People with a blind vision. imo. That and the fact that there wasnt really anyone that was running that was worth voting for. IMO