The ofjisol Oopie's "sorry Simon Godford!" thread

Oopie

have you noticed it's been too long since we praised our lord? :(

since we have raised our hands to the sky hoping for some seriously bent out twisted acid from the godford himself??

So anyways the almighty decided to give a lesson to the mortal fool that I am the other day.

I walked into the record store and noticed matsuri's comp "excerpts from the databass" for next to nothing. I didn't even look at the tracklist but walked to the counter. I was hooked.

I didn't see it coming! My evil pagan habits had led to this. :(

You see, I pressed play and couldn't have guessed what was to come when Prana's great Geomantik was playing.

Next track: Doof I Think We Can Go To The Moon (Full Moon Mix) (7:03)

Producer, Written-By - Nick Barber , Simon Godford

Guess what C'mon had done? He time-travelled to the past, teamed with his sidekick Barbershop-Nick, and made the most boring track you could imagine! The same melody repeats itself all the 7 minutes, no variation what so ever in it. Simon's lesson was a harsh one but clearly needed. I started crying and begged for forgiveness and a sign how to undo the evil.

I remembered an interview where Simon had been asked the meaning of life which to he replied: "42". I made a quick calculation 4+2=5 so clearly I was supposed to play Typhoon's overture.

I never heard the track before but hot damn give goa chance this track owned. I instantly knew I had been forgiven and lighted up a candle to honour the creator.

This was the wake-up call I needed! No more techno says the god. Now it's only elitist forever changing never resting goa for me.

C'mon has once again led me to the right path.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dude I think you're not real. Please post an unrlsd killargh Hallucinogen track to prove that you are SP.

Yes, I think that is not Simon Posford.

Whoever you are, Thank you.

Do you dare to grant an interview to psynews's guys? <_<

@Oopie: very nice stuff. You see the light into the darkness!! :)

no, thank you.

but please high almighty, don't time travel to the past anymore to change your good trax into something forgettable. :(

yea i think of Simon more as the fallen mesiah than the mesiah at this point. His stuff pre 2000 i will worship forever but to me he exhausted his powers, had nothing left really after composing and day turned to night. before that track it seems like he was constantly trying to reach for something more but then found it in that track. i think he has even said that pretty much in interviews.

What is this thread about?

About apologizing to mr. Posford for doing some time travelling?

About debating whether the user Simon Posford is Simon Posford or is it some random user (READ: radi) pretending to be Simon Posford?

About when did mr. Posford lose his alleged "super powers"?

About mocking radi's laudable and ass licking posts?

Well, anyways, having that I'm already here, I very much enjoy Simon Posford's (I must have written his name six times in the last two minutes...) work, be it Hallucinogen, Shpongle, his output in Younger Brother or his older and more obscure projects like North Central Positronics. To sum it all up, the man knows the name of the game!

• 3 weeks later...