reading material requested

at the moment i have a job with loads of time to do stuff besides working. So i was wondering if anyone could recommend me some good books about music production/ audio systems and also about video/ vjing for that matter.

already have a few.. but i can always use some more recommendations :P

so far i bought:

bob katz- mastering audio

snoman- dance music manual

chase- how music really works

moscal- sound check

There is a secret book called The Magick of Trance, but it can - naturally - be obtained only via a secret method. You have to listen to a secret combination of trance records for 72 hours without interruption and then Saint Posford will appear with the book and initiate you into the Supreme Magick of Trance.

thnx for the advice freewheelin' but as i have loads of time while working i thought i might as well read about the theory behind projuicin' so i know what i am doing when i twist a knob or send a track to be mastered..

did hear about that magic of trance.. isnt it online available after entering a special code as well? it was something like aca dabra phorum isra trance :P

thnx veracohr. i ll have a look at them!

there are alot of great synthesis books to check out. For production books i have always found them to be rather useless just because it has more to do with producing band music than getting a good electronic kick/bass.

the computer music tutorial is the bible of synthesis, will give you 10x more than you ever wanted to know about synthing sounds.

there are alot of great synthesis books to check out. For production books i have always found them to be rather useless just because it has more to do with producing band music than getting a good electronic kick/bass.

the computer music tutorial is the bible of synthesis, will give you 10x more than you ever wanted to know about synthing sounds.

While the parts on micing instruments may not be applicable to electronic music, everything else is universal.