how much would you offer for Project II Trance vinyl?

Lemmiwinks

So I've had the Project II Trance double vinyl LP (NOT the similarly named EP which only has 4 tracks on it) in my hands for quite a while now and I must admit I'm kindof torn between keeping a part of psy history in my hands and letting it go for a profit. On discogs this is offered for 85 GBP minimum but since I've read the topic that discogs sellers are greedy bastards I was wondering how much would YOU offer for it?

mind you I didn't say that I'm actually gonna sell it (I MIGHT but not sure...), just interested in your reactions...

For who might have the money, 85GBP is not such an exaggerated price... I've seen people pay more for releases far easier to find. If I had that sort of money at my disposal for buying one vinyl release, hell, I'd be keen to pay up...

But no. I don't think I would ever pay over 50 euros for this vinyl. A CD maybe, but the vinyl no.

I've seen this release quite a few times available. Despite of its importance and historic value it doesn't seem to be as rare as some other releases. I've seen the CD version more often than the vinyl if my memory serves me correctly. I've bumped into it quite a few times over the years but I don't think I've ever seen it sell for a crazy high price.

I think 85 GBP is a very inflated price, at least based on what I've seen over the years. I may be wrong and there may be a sudden change in demand for vinyl, but I think this one may fetch about 30.....maybe 40 Euros. Of course crazy things happen when two uninformed yet rich bidders fight on e bay or one may be able to find it for dirt cheap with a little bit of luck and patience but the above stated price seems reasonable I think.

well yeah but normally vinyl costs more than CD, no? I've also sold a CD version of Project II Trance a while ago for 15 euros which was actually a bit above the average asking price. The main reasoning is that you can eventually burn a copy of a CD (be it of an original or an MP3 converted to wav). So in the end you wont have the nice cover and CD-print but it will play just as well on your CD-player. BUT you can never another vinyl copy of a vinyl hence the greater value of vinyl vs CD... at least that's what I've always thought...

The main reasoning is that you can eventually burn a copy of a CD (be it of an original or an MP3 converted to wav). So in the end you wont have the nice cover and CD-print but it will play just as well on your CD-player. BUT you can never another vinyl copy of a vinyl hence the greater value of vinyl vs CD... at least that's what I've always thought...

That was maybe true 4-5 years ago when vinyl was king (among goa collectors) - but apart from a few obscure ones, the prices are nowhere near those of the equivalent CDs. One reason is that vinyl was often pressed in larger number than CDs back then in the 1990ies. I'm sure plenty of other reasons apply. But it doesn't take much Ebay or Discogs digging to see how deflated vinyl prices are now.

well yeah but normally vinyl costs more than CD, no? I've also sold a CD version of Project II Trance a while ago for 15 euros which was actually a bit above the average asking price. The main reasoning is that you can eventually burn a copy of a CD (be it of an original or an MP3 converted to wav). So in the end you wont have the nice cover and CD-print but it will play just as well on your CD-player. BUT you can never another vinyl copy of a vinyl hence the greater value of vinyl vs CD... at least that's what I've always thought...

Doesn't a factory-pressed CD have better quality than a CD-R?

:o Motherfuckers :angry:

Do they break or rot or smth? And does this happen a lot to Twisted discs? :blink:

The coating is just to fragile. Especially on those silver coated CDs like Shpongle 2, Shpongle 3 and the new Prometheus

Happened to 2 Shpongle CDs i got (the 2nd and the 3rd) and i am not taking any chances with the Prometheus one. As it arrived I've ripped it and put it on my iPod.

The coating is just to fragile. Especially on those silver coated CDs like Shpongle 2, Shpongle 3 and the new Prometheus

Happened to 2 Shpongle CDs i got (the 2nd and the 3rd) and i am not taking any chances with the Prometheus one. As it arrived I've ripped it and put it on my iPod.

OMG :o

Gotta get a new hard drive and rip everything to wavs :(

you won't sell it at more than 20 pounds IF you are very lucky on ebay.. probably around 10. discogs prices are insane for many releases (totally wrong) and i am afraid this isn't so rare. :/ u better keep it as a trance historical thing :)