Coming Soon - New Cosmosis album: Psychedelica Melodica

- where it can't be heard on most domestic systems -

i wud really like to know , wot type of audio systems it supposted to be played on ? in general

the range is too wide , from 3 quids cost some speakers in plastic case for the pc or some branded hi fi / hi end equipment

i heard that some artist make their music ' balanced ' so it shud play quite good on any system , cheap or expensive

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antic

...artist make their music ' balanced ' so it shud play quite good on any system , cheap or expensive

That is exactly what mastering engineer is responsible for.

Ofcourse, the music will sound much better on good setup, preferably studio monitors quality, but it should sound OK on cheap headphones or computer speakers

• 2 weeks later...

being a long time fan of cosmosis i can tell the album is really promising.. the samples are keeping up witht he sound standard of today and are very good!

Yes is not the 96 sound but it sound more psychedelic to me than the last album (Which was good nonetheless). I presume the apex for me will be the dance of the cosmic serpent.. a big hooray for that one!! :)! i'm waiting!

a WM8740 chip ( some hi end class units have 4 or even 8 DAC chips ) makes music sound full of details with good dynamics

Posted Image

"Dance of The Cosmic Serpent" sounds very good :D

can't wait for the full album :)

Sounds promising as hell. I still didn't listen to the samples, and I don't think I will, as samples never do it for me- I want the whole thing! And I can't wait for this to drop!!!

Dance of the Cosmic Serpent YEAH!

Funky funky psy!

Where are you people hearing samples from the new album?

From the bottem of page 1 to the beginning of page 2 I can't find the transition post where a link to samples would have been... the parts where people want to hear samples from the comments on Dance of the Cosmic Serpent. (?)

It would be really awesome if Cosmosis made an album packed with post 21st century, masterpieces, new-school goa/psy trance songs back-to-back. That would be stunning. I hope this new album is a significant improvement over his one. I own Cosmology, Synergy, (and the 4th one) Contact. The first two releases are exceptional A-List albums.

I never found Intergalactic to order to date and I'll continue to check on and off over the months, years.

Contact was alright. I liked the introduction. It had one great song titled Inner Space. I loved that main melody and the supporting melodies, sounds, textures. There was much feeling to it. Little else stood out to me. It had few memorable songs but it wasn't a bad album, just nothing great.

2005's Trancendance album I avoided buying but now I'm considering getting it. The general consensus from what I general read throughout the internet and here was very mixed. It released at a time when other goatrance artists were releasing new, full-on album disappointments to what their music used to be, even if it was a psytrance success relative to sales, mainstream, clubs, etc. I listened to the saikosounds samples on Trancendance. Tracks 4, 5, 6, 9 sound pretty good. Some tracks seem to retain some of those Goa/Cosmo-touches and vibes. I like the final chill track but I hate that Re-Order track which is a psy-cover song for New Order - Blue Monday??! :angry: (!!) That's about the last thing I feel like hearing on a psytrance album, let alone one by Cosmosis. Stick to making awesome, original, tunes please. The overall album seemed to lack the powerful, enigmatic, free-spirited, deep, melody/delicious, Goa/Psy-driven psytrance, layers, leading melodies, and story telling element(s) that made the first two albums so amazing and classic. I'm not saying to make Cosmology or Synergy part 2, those days are past obviously. I simply love the melodies and psychedelics, rhythms created in his earlier stuff and would love to see that (add atmosphere, innovation, layers, depth) translate over into something novel and awesome for out time now. With exception to several good songs, Trancendance sounds too simple and basic, too gentle and lacking in power and depth, layers, and songs that make you go WOW...Holy Shit!! This artist is so talented and has so much potential.

Cosmosis never made a masterpiece album since his first two albums, in my opinion.

Also, if this artist not release a comp of his best songs until he's finished making awesome songs unless it's specific to a comp of greatest old-school Cosmosis classics.

Cosmosis is THE man!!! I absolutely agree that nothing he ever made exceeded the sheer genius of Synergy, but the guy made so damn many amazing tunes and classics, it is downright crazy! He made old school acidic goa trance monsters, to intense psychedelic masterpieces, all the way through some excellent modern psy trance tracks...

And although I personally do not approve most of his recent work, the least I can do is give this Psychedelica Melodica album at least 10 listens! I feel like I owe him that much, to say the least. Bilbo Bagginz is right up there with the italian composers, Koxbox, Transwave and the ol' Total Eclipse on my top of the top producers list!!!

Oh yeah: and those of you who were @ O.Z.O.R.A. last summer, surely do remember how explosive and positive his live act was!!!

Good to see that you are connecting here with the people Cosmosis and that your new material is gonna be melodic :-) thats what i loved with alien disco and key to the innerverse, the beautiful melodies!

Regards

Diaks

• 2 weeks later...

some albums of his maybe stronger than others but

each is a true masterpiece in its own right at the time

people who have followed cosmosis closley at the time the albums were released will know what i mean

keep up the good work bill

glad you are back

• 2 weeks later...

:mellow: doesn't sound interesting at all.... or that might just be me....

true, that's probably just you :P:rolleyes:

hmmm I might actually take some of that back... was just listening to the samples again and they are actually didn't sound too bad this time around. I might be interested after all :P well a bit anyway :drama:

• 3 weeks later...

All in all from the samples im intressted in this album. Sounds diffrent but still not so =) But then again i just get frustrated with samples since you cant get the whole story of the track and album. But i know for one that spanish gypsy took most of my attention with that nice acustic guitar melody. Nice way to end a album, put the energies back in place and i think thats the song that will be the most centrated. Nice wraping Cosmosis, its nice to see you in here ;)

wow! Billys threadstarter info sounds much like what was going thru my mind when submitting the info under Cosmosis on psydb.net

very interesting 8) similar to what I had written.

Psychedelica Melodica sounds like Cosmosis's most Full On album to date. Which we were expecting and isn't a bad thing per say... but I was hoping for some...superb songs maybe?, Some great dancefloor stompers? Give me several awesome leading, driving melodies and tunes man. Sure there are some nice melodies...but where are those infectious, super catchy waves? And I'm not talking about Goa masterpieces here, although that would be amazing.

I'm talking about melody structure, intricate mixing and driving, layered rhythm that makes you go Wow...just wow!" I suppose this won't be bad relative to general Full On out there.

Samples:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ptm/ptm1cd163.html

hmmm....Dance of The Cosmic Serpent

that melody...it sounds so familiar??

anyone??? :huh:

The beginning of the sample kinda reminds of the end of Etnica - Alien Droid. And the whole sample has an "Alien Proteinish" sound.

Cool sample BTW.