Coming Soon - New Cosmosis album: Psychedelica Melodica

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antic

I think the link should look like this: http://www.cosmosis.co.uk/cms/

Anyhow, thanks Bill for that. I always loved your blow-by-blow track descriptions. It only proves that you're a true musician and know what you're doing. To bad we have to wait almost 6 months for it, but I'm sure it is gonna be worth it.

BTW, what about that off-albums singles compilation (Reality Check, Howling at The Moon, Caves of Medusa, Pigs in Space etc...)

I think the link should look like this: http://www.cosmosis.co.uk/cms/

Anyhow, thanks Bill for that. I always loved your blow-by-blow track descriptions. It only proves that you're a true musician and know what you're doing. To bad we have to wait almost 6 months for it, but I'm sure it is gonna be worth it.

BTW, what about that off-albums singles compilation (Reality Check, Howling at The Moon, Caves of Medusa, Pigs in Space etc...)

Hello Antic,

thanks for the heads up about the link. I fixed it now...

6th June is about three months away rather than six so not quite as bad...

Ahh the off singles album - thanks for reminding me :)

I did get most of those older tunes re-mastered but the project got a bit backlogged between me moving house (and countries) running around playing gigs and my studio time being prioritized for the new album.

Also I actually couldn't find decent .wav copies of a few of the older tunes. I'll have a dig around on the hard drive and see if the idea is worth resurrecting...

Incidentally what would you consider a good track list for it?

Regards,

Bill

Guest antic

Hello Antic,

thanks for the heads up about the link. I fixed it now...

6th June is about three months away rather than six so not quite as bad...

Ahh the off singles album - thanks for reminding me :)

I did get most of those older tunes re-mastered but the project got a bit backlogged between me moving house (and countries) running around playing gigs and my studio time being prioritized for the new album.

Also I actually couldn't find decent .wav copies of a few of the older tunes. I'll have a dig around on the hard drive and see if the idea is worth resurrecting...

Incidentally what would you consider a good track list for it?

Regards,

Bill

Oh, sorry - yeah, it's 3 months.

Is there any chance for samples of all tracks before the release?

As for the tracks on the compilation, I would gladly see the following included:

Howling At The Moon

The Caves of Medusa

Reality Check

The Outer Limits

Pigs In Space

Doors of Perception

In Yer Face Pt. 2

Psycho Problem

Visitors

That's all I could think of off the top of my head... But really, anything produced around Synergy (97-99) would be perfect, because that's the sound of Cosmosis I (and many others, it seems) like the most :)

BTW, please post here a list of tracks you're looking for - there's a lot of people here with huuuuge collections of CDs, so they could hopefuly help you?

Also, since I got your attention here, a chill / down-tempo album would also be very welcome :D

All the best, Bill!

Antic,

thanks for the list. I'll have a look to see what I don't have...

A non-trance album is what I have planned next. I'm not sure it will be a chill out album per se, I mulling different ideas at present, but it's about time that's for sure.

Regards,

Bill

Guest antic

A non-trance album is what I have planned next. I'm not sure it will be a chill out album per se, I mulling different ideas at present, but it's about time that's for sure.

Oh man! Tha would be sweeeeet! I keep my fingers crossed :):D

Regards,

Bill

great news mrBagginz :D

Guest antic

Those three great tracks "Telekinetic", "Deus", "Psychofunk" will be more than welcomed in Antic's list. :)

Yeah, but I'm affraid he'd have to do a double-album then.

I wouldn't complain though, even if I had to pay double for it :)

whou man, are these great news or what? :)

Billy if you're reading this - my suggestion for the possible oldies compilation:

1) if you have enough trax make a double cd.

2) if you have unrlsd old trax that you think are worth hearing plz release them. There's plenty of old goa suckers who would die to hear them. :)

ps. I saw you here in finland few weeks ago. did you rock I don't remember, perhaps beer has something to do with it?

anyways, I'm always an optimist and say if you don't remember it must've been good. :)

whou man, are these great news or what? :)

Billy if you're reading this - my suggestion for the possible oldies compilation:

1) if you have enough trax make a double cd.

2) if you have unrlsd old trax that you think are worth hearing plz release them. There's plenty of old goa suckers who would die to hear them. :)

ps. I saw you here in finland few weeks ago. did you rock I don't remember, perhaps beer has something to do with it?

anyways, I'm always an optimist and say if you don't remember it must've been good. :)

:lol:

btw, many producers have those tracks unreleased for a reason - some think they arent good enough, some were just rejected by labels or smth. anyway, Bagginz, if you have some finished oldschool tracks from goa era, then dont be shy and give us some samples or upload them somewhere for us to listen [like you did with you tracks at myspace - atleast poor quality but full length :D] :)!

Antic,

thanks for the list. I'll have a look to see what I don't have...

Regards,

Bill

Yey!

Have enjoyed all your albums so far.

Looking forward to any future output :D

Good luck ;)

Those three great tracks "Telekinetic", "Deus", "Psychofunk" will be more than welcomed in Antic's list. :)

+1 :rolleyes:

I add Dawn Of A New Era, one of my favourite Cosmosis tracks. :D

I add Dawn Of A New Era, one of my favourite Cosmosis tracks. :D

That one was already released on the "Moonshine EP" back in 1997. Stunning track nonetheless. But the tracklist antic gave seems excellent to me, but Deus should in no way be left out!

Guest antic

More samples here!

The influence of full-on and Eskimo (track #5!) is evident, but I think he pulled it off quite nicely, especially in #2, 3, 6 & 7 (and those 2 tracks we've already heard). This might be one of the most important releases of 2007 IMO!

But, one question about the mastering - what's up with 1, 6 & 7? They're much quieter than the rest and have less hi-freq? Is it only samples, or it is like that on the album? I personally hate it when I have to adjust volume and/or EQ while listening to single CD. It's almost 3 months to the release date, so I hope - if it's not samples issue - there's still time to fix it? Sorry for being such an ass ;):)

I'll raise your query with Bill Antic, but on my set up it sounded ok?

The track snippets samples are usefull.... however they do not convey the journey of the individual tracks (I've heard them all mostly over the last 6 months) and definately do not elude to the full package of the complete album. The album is like, to me, a reversal towards Synergy, (which is good) but more melodic.

Jim

Guest antic

I'll raise your query with Bill Antic, but on my set up it sounded ok?

Well, I too hope it is just samples / my setup issue, however judging by last album I know it is possible - on Trancendance for example tracks #3 & #7 were louder than the rest, probably because they were recorded with other artists (Dick Trevor & Jphn Ford respectively) in their studios with different gear, eq/mastering settings etc. No problem with that, just if there's still time to fix it, then why not? :)

The track snippets samples are usefull.... however they do not convey the journey of the individual tracks (I've heard them all mostly over the last 6 months) and definately do not elude to the full package of the complete album. The album is like, to me, a reversal towards Synergy, (which is good) but more melodic.

Jim

Yeah, I noticed too it is similar to Synergy in places, but didn't wanted to make myself to much hopes, because Synergy is in my Top 3 goa/psy-trance albums of all times. You know, I prefer to be pleasantly surprised, than to be disappointed... :)

Martian Blues - you will either love it or maybe ignore it. Samples out do not convey what a maniacal track this is.

Personally, out of all the tracks, I think Spanish Gispy is the complete track of the album - possibly the best of (i.e set out to achieve it's aim - gipsy spanish influence/goa melodic trance) ..... 100% could not be improved within it composition however again, samples out there do not convey.

Cheers

Jim

Guest antic

Martian Blues - you will either love it or maybe ignore it. Samples out do not convey what a maniacal track this is.

Personally, out of all the tracks, I think Spanish Gispy is the complete track of the album - possibly the best of (i.e set out to achieve it's aim - gipsy spanish influence/goa melodic trance) ..... 100% could not be improved within it composition however again, samples out there do not convey.

Cheers

Jim

Again, I'm not talking about music, but the mastering. Tracks 6 & 7 sound much quieter than the rest - that's my only complaint.

I won't be even remotely trying to judge the music based on 30 sec. samples :)

Howling at the Moon

was very dissaponted coz this track was not includedn in Akashic , despite on this is the bestest Bills track he eva created wich can be compared with Seb Shaktas ' Between the Nothing ' only

Contac was pretty weak work but Trancendance was very good :)

Again, I'm not talking about music, but the mastering. Tracks 6 & 7 sound much quieter than the rest - that's my only complaint.

I won't be even remotely trying to judge the music based on 30 sec. samples :)

Hello Antic,

thanks for your constructive comments, it's much appreciated.

I'm not sure at which point in the mastering process took those little clips, but it wasn't in the dim and distant past and I 've fine tweaked the masters a few times since.

But it was worth going back and checking.

So, I examined those tracks again checking them both through my main monitors and smaller speaker systems, and I think there 's two things going on there.

1. Two of the tracks; clips 6 + 7 are taken from breakdown or lull sections where the track energy is a lot lower.

I master my tracks to keep the dynamics as much as possible as I think that it sounds much better. (dynamics in this context means to have the loud bits loud and the softer bits quieter) rather than the current trend of squashing all the sounds together with a peak limiter to make everything ear bleedingly loud all the time even if it means losing quality. This brickwall limted sound IS the sound of modern dance music though, so I do have to strike a balance.

2. The first one of those tracks defintely could take a little more e.q tweaking as the concentraton of the track's energy was in the sub bass region - where it can't be heard on most domestic systems -

So I shifted it into to the bass regions where it can be heard and I squeezed it a little more to make it's apparent loudness match the others. So I did tweak it up a little.

Thanks again for your interest and comments.

Cheers,

Bill

Guest antic

Ok, now can you send me a full CD so I could check the levels of the final product?

You know, I'll sleep better knowing that everything's OK...

;)

:D

But seriously, can you? I'd make a very objective promotional review for it :)