Coming Soon - New Cosmosis album: Psychedelica Melodica

PRESS RELEASE

Now after much work the eagerly awaited new album from Cosmosis Psychedelica Melodica.

After releasing the popular and successful Trancendance album, Cosmosis has spent much of the last two years touring and playing worldwide at parties in places such as Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Israel, Russia, The United States, Japan and all over Europe.

Cosmosis now returns with a stunning collection of powerful quality tracks in this, the sixth Cosmosis artist album to date.

Overall, the music on Psychedelica Melodica emphasises melody more than the previous record Trancendance and yet manages to combine that with a deep psychedelic sensibility - hence the title. Psychedelica Melodica also majors in rubbery basslines and throbbing dance grooves often at times with a liberal dash of funk.

All this is presented with the state of the art production level as well as character; that rare element that distinguishes artists from the artisans and which in this case makes the music uniquely identifiable as Cosmosis in a genre in which tracks often sound formulaic.

Bill says:

"After finishing my last album, I took some time out to listen to some of my old favourites tunes and analyse what I liked about them. I listened to both mine and other producers tracks. I realized that many times what I'd enjoyed were the often understated melodic figures. All too often what was missing in much modern trance for me was any kind of melodic structure.

While I still do love textures and weird shaped noises, that alone in the complete absence of any kind of melody often sounds barren and soulless. For me the challenge was to create an album of intensely psychedelic dance music, but also to carefully blend in some more melodic and emotional aspects in a subtle enough way so as to not turn it into a complete cheesefest. It's quite a tricky call to do it in convincing way... I guess in some ways I've gone back to my roots, but don´t expect the Cosmosis sound circa 1996, this is quite different, the kick, grooves and the psychedelic aspect are far more in your face... "

"...also I created and produced the music for the album with a commitment to quality and excellence, which I believe is even more important in this world of disposable generic tracks valuing quantity over quality. I didn't let anything pass that I was not 101% satisfied with. This obviously took more a lot more time, but I wanted to make an album that I could be totally satisfied and at peace with... "

And there doesn't appear to be any dodgy tracks padding the album either. All the tracks have distinct personalities. Each track been carefully and precisely crafted as only an experienced psy-trance producer with over twelve years of record releases and live and DJ performance under his belt can.

The experience shows.

In a scene where the music tends towards the generic, it is indeed rare and refreshing to hear an artist with an original voice.

Destined to become another must-have Psy-Trance classic.

Track List:

1. No Such Thing (Throb Factor Five mix)

2. Creature From Outer Space

3. Metaphysical Worlds

4. Dance of The Cosmic Serpent

5. Life Between Lives

6. Martian Blues

7. Journey Of The Soul

8. Spanish Gypsy

Released on Holophonic Records

Distributed by Arabesque Distribution - London www.arabesque.co.uk

Tel: 00 44 (0) 20 8992 7732

cover here: http://www.cosmosis.co.uk/cms/index.php?op...3&Itemid=50

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa ! Now this sounds promising... :rolleyes:

I liked the way you looked back into the music Bilbo and decided to re-evoke something that is obviously missing these days.

Good luck with the album, and after I hear the samples, I will order it on the spot ! Cheers Bagginz ! :D

Hello everyone,

actually although the music for the album is finished, in hindsight it was a bit optimistic of me to assume a spring release as I didn't factor in release queues.

After communications with my distributor it appears that June 6th will be the best official release date.

My apologies if the delay is a disappointment for you.

Best wishes,

Billy Cosmosis

Hello everyone,

actually although the music for the album is finished, in hindsight it was a bit optimistic of me to assume a spring release as I didn't factor in release queues.

After communications with my distributor it appears that June 6th will be the best official release date.

My apologies if the delay is a disappointment for you.

Best wishes,

Billy Cosmosis

June 6th! My birthday! Waaahey! :P

Looking eagerly forward to another dose of Cosmosis fuller on... One of my fave UK acts still going strong.

Guest antic

June, 6th you say? Well, patience is a virtue...

Any chance for some samples in the meantime? I've heard two on tribeoffrog.com, but to be honest they gave me more reasons to be worry than to be happy. Eskmio bassline & cheesy melodies basically... Ofcourse I do not have the right to tell you what you should do, but I don't quite like what I heard. Hope the full tracks will be better, because I'll buy the CD anyway :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I will not share the same point of view of Antic. Actually, I have to say that I'm very surprised by the two samples of this site! It sounds kinda melodic goa with some funky full-on elements inside, but this mixture works pretty well and the oldschool feeling which is missing today seems to reappear there again in the cosmosis music. I appreciate those efforts from his part and I'm definitely looking forward to listen to his new album. :)

oh yes been along time coming

hopefully the revolution is about to begin

and the full circle will be complete

(off topic) but, Are those 2 corpses making out in your avatar?

Where is it from?

Guest antic

I will not share the same point of view of Antic.

Shhhh! It is my secret plan - I'm trying to convince myself it will be shit, so I could be positively surprised when it finally comes out! To be honest, I was humming the melody of Spanish Gypsy while shaving this morning, so my plan might not work out as I expect it to at all... Damn!

Sounds promising as hell. I still didn't listen to the samples, and I don't think I will, as samples never do it for me- I want the whole thing! And I can't wait for this to drop!!!