Greedy People on Discogs Marketplace

PsyGoatDelic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seller of the second item, the Blanka album, is Skeletonman. Isn't that the a user on psynews? Maybe he's making fun of all those overprices items? Or it was simply a typo.

I can understand demand and supply... but for crying out loud! people have no dignity...

and another one I just saw:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=367399

when you can get it here: http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...howDetail=35757

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=69247

when you can get it here:

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...showDetail=1441

or

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=2781

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=108383

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=AIPCDODDBGPG?showDetail=8226

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=221035

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=AIPCDODDBGPG?showDetail=37934

I wonder what colin has to say about this one right here:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=231978

I think this was already discussed here on the past

this cd can still be found here on tower records...

mate all those links are for crap releases that you can find for free on p2p sites anyway... now find me a way to buy TRUE old rarities (especially the kind that was released on vinyl and never on cd) and then I'll applaud your initiative ;)

PS this way to sell crappy stuff for ridiculous prices under the pretense that it's "old and rare" isn't new at all... take a look at the classic car market and you have the same thing, people trying to sell a rusty old VW Golf 1 for a ridiculous amount because "it's a classic"... just because it's old don't make it a classic, get what I mean? IMO if some people are stupid enough to buy such crap for such a high price they DESERVE to be swindled ;)

mate all those links are for crap releases that you can find for free on p2p sites anyway... now find me a way to buy TRUE old rarities (especially the kind that was released on vinyl and never on cd) and then I'll applaud your initiative ;)

PS this way to sell crappy stuff for ridiculous prices under the pretense that it's "old and rare" isn't new at all... take a look at the classic car market and you have the same thing, people trying to sell a rusty old VW Golf 1 for a ridiculous amount because "it's a classic"... just because it's old don't make it a classic, get what I mean? IMO if some people are stupid enough to buy such crap for such a high price they DESERVE to be swindled ;)

Imho this is not the point since you can nearly find all the psy or goa releases for free an a p2p network, also new stuff. So according to you nobody should pay at all for music... :rolleyes: Besides that I do know people who added their vinyl releases as MP3s so it might also be possible to find that stuff if you have connections.

Imho this is not the point since you can nearly find all the psy or goa releases for free an a p2p network, also new stuff. So according to you nobody should pay at all for music... :rolleyes: Besides that I do know people who added their vinyl releases as MP3s so it might also be possible to find that stuff if you have connections.

hum that's not exactly what I meant... if I understand correctly, the main point of his post was that you can buy most of the stuff available on discogs for less elswere. That maybe true when the advertised release is a "false classic" (like my example on people selling VW Golf 1s as "classics") but when you speak about TRUE classics like the Project II Trance comp for example then IMO the rule of "this is rare and old so it's expensive" holds (especially on vinyl). For me for a release to be a real classic it must have quality music that has aged nicely, is still in good condition and very few copies are still available. In that case the "ridiculous price" is more than justified. So just because something is sold expensive on discogs doesn't necessarily mean that the seller is greedy and trying to make a quick profit...

We could also post if we find something in the local shops for cheap. Then if people see something they need, you could buy it and sell/trade it.

I've done that before... bought someone here on Psynews a copy of Accidental Occidentalism from a local shop for about 20 bucks once :)

They're all out by now... I've raided their stock and purchased pretty much every golden oldie. They still have a few less popular cult classics such as Metal Spark - Corrosive, Kopfuss Resonator - Spect-R Module, and the double-CD version of Elastic / All Boundaries Are Illusions...

:lol: Did you read my comment on the album :huh: Or what I wrote under sellers notes?

Shoot ... :lol:

What IS amazing is that Crown Music is charging gbp 14.99 for it, and HE'S not kidding. I dount anyone will EVER be interested in that blanka cd. It sucks beyond comprehension.

:lol: Did you read my comment on the album :huh: Or what I wrote under sellers notes?

Shoot ... :lol:

I might be wrong about that but didn't you price one of the albums with 50$ before?

I still say there needs to be a trading network devouted specifically to Mp3s/4/wavs of out of print golden oldies. Most of us are not going to spend that kind of money.

I still say there needs to be a trading network devouted specifically to Mp3s/4/wavs of out of print golden oldies. Most of us are not going to spend that kind of money.

yep I've been toying around with the idea of making a website on early psy and freely distributing music (at least samples and/or RA format) simply for historical purposes, showing kids in the scene today how it used to be. But aparently if I do such a thing I'm risking having a lawsuit on my hands because of copyright rules (what copyright if the album's been out of print for years?? :blink:). Anyway, personally I think that such a move would ENCOURAGE people to buy old stuff since that way they could listen to it in the first place. Who'd want to buy an album if they've never heard of the artist or seen reviews of it before?

What IS amazing is that Crown Music is charging gbp 14.99 for it, and HE'S not kidding. I dount anyone will EVER be interested in that blanka cd. It sucks beyond comprehension.

How can that guy get away with saying that 2006 releases are "out of print"?

I agree... wave rips of classic oldies left abandoned by dead labels and vanished artists would be great.

DC++

Any particular hub? The ones I visit are all oriented towards new stuff and new stuff alone. I seldom end up with any search results for obscure old albums that I am looking for (usually to find out whether the $6 price of that obscure oldie is indicative of the quality of the release or the ignorance of the seller).

I agree... wave rips of classic oldies left abandoned by dead labels and vanished artists would be great.

Any particular hub? The ones I visit are all oriented towards new stuff and new stuff alone. I seldom end up with any search results for obscure old albums that I am looking for (usually to find out whether the $6 price of that obscure oldie is indicative of the quality of the release or the ignorance of the seller).

My point exactly.. I dont use dc++ for lack of decent mac version, but from what Ive seen the selection of oldies isnt so hot. slsk seems to have an ok selection of the older stuff but one has to wait hours and hours to get on queue for it most of theme... but still most everything is oriented towards the newest releases.

Also, a lot of people who dont know the older stuff probably dont know what to search for. This might be able to be remedied by people sharing files with a special label at the end of the file name to denote that its a favorite pre-2000 release. Some people seem to use the tag OiG to denote this. (unfortunately not many people)

Or maybe someone who has bandwitdth could set up a KDX server or something? Make Mp3 cds of out of print stuff and give them out at parties?

I definatly favor some method of more people getting to hear what the pre 2000 sound was like. Sometimes Im really shocked by what artists/albums people who know their shit in terms of the new stuff, have never heard of.

How can that guy get away with saying that 2006 releases are "out of print"?

I have found quite lots of oldskool over the time in many hubs.. try

Microdots

Psychedelic Magic

Psyisrael

Psyside

Deep-Goa

Antenna

ChillPg