When did it all start?

Riton

Hey everyone.

Im wondering...

When did psyheads start bitching about "the shit music being produced" and how the "scene is going down", etc...

It just seems like it's been going on for sooooooo long...

Cheers :)

Dav

Hey everyone.

Im wondering...

When did psyheads start bitching about "the shit music being produced" and how the "scene is going down", etc...

Dav

IMO 1995 :D

IMO 1995 BCE.

IMO as long as music has been around.

When people came to a certain point of convinced that they know everything there is to know, and then took this supposedely divine knowledge and decided to diffuse it amongst us common mortals.

You bitch when your favorite artist changes style.

You bitch when your favorite artist sounds the same for too long.

You bitch when the kind of music you fell in love with some 10-15 years ago is not being produced anymore.

You bitch when the music you fell in love with some 10-15 years ago is still being produced and you're bored of it, so to speak.

You bitch every time a new style is born because you're convinced it's just a degradation of the past sounds.

You bitch every time there are no new styles to be heard because you feel like the old one is just recycling itself.

You bitch every time when an artist you like breaks into the foreign market and hits superstardom.

You bitch every time an artist you like doesn't sell over a 1000 copies and remains an incognito.

You bitch when you consider your trance to lack melodies.

You bitch when your trance, in your ears, seems over melodic, as you then consider it too fluffy.

You bitch about shipping prices for your CDs being too high and thus you bitch about being over charged.

Then you decide to succumb to the MP3 disease and then other people bitch about you killing the whole music business...

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on... I do however very much see your point Riton! ;)

Lets all take the initiative and totally ignore bitching, as if it had never existed!

Let the windbags blow their hot air. Let them vent their often adolescent emotions.

Meanwhile, we'll be over here, smiling happily listening to the music that moves us! :D

Hey everyone.

Im wondering...

Dav

Ever since Ale was born. :ph34r:

The serious answer: since day one. No, it's not a joke. If you look through USENet or other old archives you will always find people saying "it isn't the same any more" and ragging on TIP, Astral Projection, Man With No Name, Dragonfly, and others for "going commercial" and "ruining the scene"... no word of a lie! I think that very fact puts all the bitching in a new light...

Some people just like to complain and feel superior. Many of them have the need to feel superior, so they have to take everyone else down a peg to feel better about themselves.

And its not just psytrance. Its not just music either. Its anything and everything you could possibly complain about, without being able to do anything about it.

Armchair quarterbacks. Backseat drivers. Amateur movie critics. Car 'aficionados'. Every part of society has this shit.

Funny thing, when you say, 'why dont you go do it better, then!' the response is generally angry, if at all.

I feel happy to HAVE a psy scene near enough to frequent. I feel lucky to have as much good psy as I do. I feel amazed at how much stuff I enjoy, particularly progressive.

To me, a dj playing semi decent (read: no IM, Skazi, Eskimo, etc...) trance is all I need.

I feel the luckiest, to have access to consistent electricity, so that I can actually play the music.

Sure, but the opposite side of things is that some people get very emotionally attached to a particular moment in time, and when that moment passes their passion drives them to lash out in a negative way... it isn't just that people have nothing better to do, or like to feel above everyone else--in many cases people are also just railing against the system, the nature of things, how it has all gone. Some fans invest a lot of themselves into music and may become genuinely hurt when whatever they liked changes in some fashion. There are many roads to a state of jaded cynicism, but finding a way to accept things as they are is a tougher task... it's a personal thing.

Hey everyone.

Im wondering...

Dav

goa generations, not society generations, but evolutions, sub genres and etc...

goa's are spoiled :P

When the acid wasn't that clean anymore.

:lol: + 1

But I could say when it wasn't that CLEAR anymore. :D

And, as someone mentioned it, when full on started being mass produced... :rolleyes: