Xyla - Esoterica

Artist: XYLA

Title: XYLA - ESOTERICA

Label: SHAMAN FILMS MEDIA

Cat.-No.: SHAMFCD004

Format: 6 PANEL DIGIPACK

Distribution: BEATSPACE DIST & WIRIKUTA

Release Date: MARCH/APRIL

Xyla explored various forms of electronic music production including progressive and psychedelic trance, power noise and industrial, before developing her own unique style of sonic dissonance.

A devout Macintosh and Logic Pro user, Xyla unleashes her audial fury using the most professional technology available to ensure the highest level of production quality.

With her debut album, Xyla sculpts an unparalleled world of harsh beauty and raw emotion. Intense distortion collides with unexpected melodies, leading you on a mythical journey unlike any other.

Destroying any attempt to confine her sound to a specific genre, Xyla boldly creates a new breed of electronica. Ancient secrets elegantly captured amidst synths and percussion. Fierce, hypnotic beats spiraling out from the depths of melancholic atmospheres. Ethereal voices clawing their way out of the mechanical mayhem, “I'm seeking my shadow/seeking the whole of me.” Resonating with an unfamiliar, hidden side of ourselves, these 9 previously unreleased tracks will hypnotize listeners and dancers alike. Terrifying, haunting, enchanting:

“Come and stand at my altar/You have nothing to lose.” Light a candle, turn the volume up and prepare to confront your shadow in the realm of… Esoterica.

** All tracks mastered by Xenomorph @ The Hive, Berlin

Track listing**:

1. Inception 150 bpm

2. Magical Thinking 149 bpm

3. Hunger 154 bpm

4. Abomination 152 bpm

5. Estranged Souls 144 bpm

6. Age Of Temples 149 bpm

7. Spiritual Immortality 147 bpm

8. Sociopathic Disport 168 bpm

9. The God Within* 135 bpm

* Vocals and lyrics by Michelle Belanger

http://michellebelanger.com

*Insert evil Grin

a million thumbs up... been waiting for a Xyla album for a long time now! :D

12 days, and I'll be dancing to her madness in the desert! :D

a million thumbs up... been waiting for a Xyla album for a long time now! :D

me too, me too, ever since I heard her first released track "Cyrene's Ghost". I've got high hopes for this one... the only thing which I'm not too fond of is that it's mastered by Xenomorph. Well, we'll see what comes out.

12 days, and I'll be dancing to her madness in the desert! :D

you're one lucky bastard :)

I was at a couple parties already that she had to cancel or something... Whatever happened, she was on the lineup but didnt end up playing... :(

But this time..... :D

Im sure soon enough she'll be in Europe! Stay patient! ;)

Especially once the album makes the rounds...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

samples sound great! Quite a bit different than most 'dark' trance, in a really good way. Sounds really cool, like it would fit in with industrial or EBM as well as psytrance... Gives me ideas...

What I heard of her live set in Ohio back in January was great, she's definiately got her own unique sound going on, something that a lot of artists these days seem to NOT have...and Texas Hate off of VA-Neverending Story was one of my favorite tracks of 2006. Haven't heard this album yet, but definately plan to pick it up for sure when i next cross paths with Egnogra.... :)