Twisted Records LIVE in Concert ... Carling Academy, Brixton

Liquid Ross

:: Twisted LIVE In Concert ::

Twisted Records presents: A night of LIVE electronic music with contemporary visual installation and performance.

Friday 25th May 2007

Carling Academy, Brixton. London

9pm – 6am

Main Stage :: Twisted LIVE

Hallucinogen In Dub LIVE feat Simon Posford, Ott and Youth

Younger Brother FULL LIVE SET featuring accompanying musicians, presenting 'Last Days of Gravity'

Prometheus LIVE

Shpongle – Simon Posford DJ Set

Koxbox LIVE

Eat Static LIVE

Ott LIVE presenting his new album!

Hugh Visual Installations provided by Pixel Addicts and Inside Us All. Sound System and engineering by Britannia Row

www.twisted.co.uk

www.inside-us-all.com

Other Room :: Backroom Beats and Alternative Sounds

Third Ear LIVE – new project of Doof!

Phutureprimitive LIVE (Liquid Records)

Greg Hunter LIVE

Youth

Simon B

Simon H

Liquid Room :: PsyDub, Breaks and Beats

Zubzub LIVE – featuring former members of Ozrics Tentacles and Eat Static

Slackbaba LIVE

Organismic LIVE

Tom Fu - presenting 'Soul Vibration 002'

Liquid Djems

Ed Bigland (Backroom Beats)

Justin Chaos

www.liquid-records.com

Tickets NOW ON SALE online from:

www.accessallareas.org

www.twisted.co.uk

www.ticketweb.co.uk

Early Bird ticket currently £22.50+ booking fee …

Check back here soon for more information!

More info on venue:

www.brixton-academy.co.uk

And more Twisted info at:

www.twisted.co.uk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooo excited about this :rolleyes:

i just hope they don't oversell the tickets again. the one thing that ruins a party more than anything else is having a dancefloor so rammed that you all you can do is jump up and down in a strictly vertical motion. and i've heard brixton can be especially bad for this... we shall see...

i just hope they don't oversell the tickets again. the one thing that ruins a party more than anything else is having a dancefloor so rammed that you all you can do is jump up and down in a strictly vertical motion. and i've heard brixton can be especially bad for this... we shall see...

4000 tickets available .. although the venue hold near 5000 (as they do with rock nights!) ... so i recon there be loooooads of space to dance :rolleyes:

anyone wanting a flyer or two, send me a pm with ur addy ;)

xx

4000 tickets available .. although the venue hold near 5000 (as they do with rock nights!) ... so i recon there be loooooads of space to dance :rolleyes:

anyone wanting a flyer or two, send me a pm with ur addy ;)

xx

Anyone who pre-booked 10th Anniversary tix with Twisted Records are sent flyers in the mail. I got a nice letter a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still not sure I'm gonna be able to attend this though. But let's see - the last one was a blast despite the cloak room farce.

/DP

Brixton Acadamy?? I've been there quite a few times to dance events that have been full and, although it can get busy, it never gets too rammed in the main room as its so big & wide - so its abit different to say SEOne which can be a nightmare if everyone wants to get into the main room at the same time - the Academy is designed for everyone to be in the main room at the same time.

:)

Brixton Acadamy?? I've been there quite a few times to dance events that have been full and, although it can get busy, it never gets too rammed in the main room as its so big & wide - so its abit different to say SEOne which can be a nightmare if everyone wants to get into the main room at the same time - the Academy is designed for everyone to be in the main room at the same time.

Brixton hold near 5000 and on nights where they have LIVE bands (like Nine Inch Nails the week before Twisted) .. they have somethign like 4800 in there ... but with dance events ... they limit this to 4300 ... so even with every bum on every seat .. the venue will be below it's own capacity by 500 ..

couple of times ive been there on sell out nights it been fine to get a beer and to dance ..

i recon this is the perfect venue for this show .. gonna be a goodun for sure !!

:rolleyes:

x

Anyone any idea where the other too rooms are going to go - in years gone by (Pendragon & RTTS) I've seen the foyer, the upstairs corridor & the upstairs VIP room used as extra rooms.

Does anyone want to gather up beforehand at a local pub like the Holloween Party?

I am flying over from the U.S. again and it would be nice to see forum members again...

What do ya say ?? :rolleyes:

Does anyone want to gather up beforehand at a local pub like the Holloween Party?

I am flying over from the U.S. again and it would be nice to see forum members again...

What do ya say ?? :rolleyes:

Yeah for sure, I'll be there again if we organise something :)

Good news about the capacity too, tis definately the best idea to have all the headlining bands in a huge room.

well, i`m off by myself...but i`m up for falling in a pub before the event!!! Theres a nice one on coldharbour lane....cant remember the name offhand tho!!its close to the 414 club tho...

Anyone any idea where the other too rooms are going to go - in years gone by (Pendragon & RTTS) I've seen the foyer, the upstairs corridor & the upstairs VIP room used as extra rooms.

Room 2 ... (one with Simon B, Youth, Phutureprimitive, Third Eye ... ) with be in the foyer, with amazing sound ans light and production .. the first space u encounter as u enter the building...

Room 3 (Liquid Records - Zubzub, Slackbaba, Organismic .. psydub and breaks ) .. will be the upstairs circle area .. to the left (i think!) ... this will have some niiiice nu never seen before decor and all the usual treats from Liquid ..

mainstage .. well that will stay as the main stage ... huuuuuugh fresh build visual installation with new designed software and plugins build for this event .. ive seen the production plan for this .. it is out of this world .. really.. this will blow peoples heads off .. along side the soundtrack of Younger Brother fully live etc .. ooooooooooowww

:rolleyes:

xx

well, i`m off by myself...but i`m up for falling in a pub before the event!!! Theres a nice one on coldharbour lane....cant remember the name offhand tho!!its close to the 414 club tho...

Same here, but I've never been to London, so I have absolutely where this Coldharbour Lane might be. I guess I'll have to snatch one of those city maps any day now...

• 2 weeks later...

That brings back memories - when we used to venture down to London to go out in Brixton we'd always begin at the Vietnamese Noodle bar next to where Pendragon records was on Coldharbour Lane (tofu & Egg Fried rice - sets you up for the night!) , then a few beers at the pub nearby (Prince Albert?) and then the one at the top of the road, then suitably refreshed - a nights disco dancing..

recently managed to persuade a load of uni friends to come up with me on this one, so if all goes to plan I should be travelling with a party of 10-15 :D Will have to see though, as there was supposed to be about 10 people coming to the last one but they all backed out at the last minute, and it ended up being just me and one other mate (who only decided to come a week before, hehe).

Anyway, I'm sure they'll all be up for drinks beforehand so if someone organises a time and place (i don't know london too well, I'm afraid) then we shall be there. That is, providing non-psynewsers are welcome too of course ;)

excited... :rolleyes:

That brings back memories - when we used to venture down to London to go out in Brixton we'd always begin at the Vietnamese Noodle bar next to where Pendragon records was on Coldharbour Lane (tofu & Egg Fried rice - sets you up for the night!) , then a few beers at the pub nearby (Prince Albert?) and then the one at the top of the road, then suitably refreshed - a nights disco dancing..

niiiiiice niiiiice .. i know the one !! hehe ... also check Fujirama .. just up round the corner from the Dogstar.. real nice noodles there :)

;)

xx

Early Bird Tickets ...come to an end on sunday evening so it worth getting the last of the bargain price tickets before then ... just reminder you can currently buy em online thro :

www.accessallareas.org

www.antidote909.com

www.twisted.co.uk

cash sales in London currently from Access All Areas in Camden (soon Cyberdog!)

yeeeha :)

xx

Ra!!!!! This is a stunning line up.....really looking forward to Hallucinogen In Dub...there second live performance ever!!! I was lucky to see them at Glastonbury....simply breathtaking!!!! Sea ya there...