oldskool vs new skool

exotic

Are there people here who dont listen to new skool( hard twisted full on) to give one eg* because they love old skool too much?

and vice versa ?

hmm, maybe because the actual idea, the message gets lost on the way to newskool.

if i compare certain oldskool industrial to nowadays EBM, there are many similarities. EBM is the child of some tracks from oldskool industrial days.

but it losts its most appealing feature during birth. its not dirty anymore. its hard and disturbing also catchy. but so clean...

blame software synths and all in one DAWs. blame virus-ish sound trends (trance influences). blame lack of knowledge and bravery for sounding different, for experimenting. distorting vocals is not creepy. arpeggiator is not creative.

uber eq and side chaining compression is too clean.

u see, similar things apply for any genre.

oldskool vs newskool is indeed an interesting discussion, coz (imo) applied to any genre, oldskool always wins.

why?

I think applied to psytrance in specific , new skool just might run away with it.

i'd like to be proved wrong tho

hmm, maybe because the actual idea, the message gets lost on the way to newskool.

if i compare certain oldskool industrial to nowadays EBM, there are many similarities. EBM is the child of some tracks from oldskool industrial days.

but it losts its most appealing feature during birth. its not dirty anymore. its hard and disturbing also catchy. but so clean...

blame software synths and all in one DAWs. blame virus-ish sound trends (trance influences). blame lack of knowledge and bravery for sounding different, for experimenting. distorting vocals is not creepy. arpeggiator is not creative.

uber eq and side chaining compression is too clean.

ok actually EBM is not the newskool indutrial at all. like i said its its child. but some albums are more industrial then EBM, and those i used for my comparison.

it applies exactly what i said above, maybe to add, the lack of combining different synthesis techniques and sample rates.

all in one DAW. a gift from heaven for bedroom composers, and a great gift to music itself, cause you can convert your ideas much more quicker.

but, it forces a specific sound above everything that hits the master output meter. a gravestone for experiments, for something different.

this goes for any electronic genre i think.

My opinion on this interesting topic is that there is no better of the two. It is pointless drawing a general conclusion. Some like the old school sound, some don't. It is a matter of subjective taste. I don't think anyone is capable of making a general rule that old school is better or more worthy than the new sound. But this remains an interesting topic though...

I personally prefer the old school sound, but not to get confused here, I think there is some really amazing music getting produced today. And I would like to mention the whole finnish Exogenic Records roster, Schlabbaduerst Records, back to Finland's internet Antiscrap Recordings, and Japan's 6-Dimension Sound. Yeah, Twisted Records still do impress me with their releases... And I don't even wanna get started on the old school record companies which blew me away with basically every release out on the market, mainly Flying Rhino Records, Blue Room Released and Matsuri Productions!

lol, one thing more to add. i was talking about oldskool industrial and not classic industrial. prolly noone will give a fuck here anyway :P

Well, to be honest I like the so-called Post-Industrial influenced music more. Rhytmic/Power Noise stuff,sometimes blended with dark ambient or idm. Not 'pure' industrial but with industrial elements & "industrial music" philosophy, if you know what I mean.

Check Iszoloscope or Pneumatic Detach for example. Or Flint Glass.

About psy, well, Old school wins.

easy,

you have good old skool and bad just like with new skool...

for me it's that simple...

and it feels good :D

+1

It's not easy to evolve and come up with new ideas when so much awesome stuff has already been made.

Cheers to the artists who manage to do it.

ps: to threadstarter, sorry should have red better :unsure: considering the subject

sorry i cant forgive you , go back and read please.

lol, one thing more to add. i was talking about oldskool industrial and not classic industrial. prolly noone will give a fuck here anyway :P

care to elaborate? with examples? that would interest me...

@ topic:

Well, I listen rather to oldschool than to newschool ... but only because I'm actually not that into this sound anymore. So I listen more to oldschool because I have memories attached to it. I never cared too much about newschool, I only have an album of Filteria and I like it, but I wouldn't buy another one because one is enough. I am not saying newschool is bad in any way, I just lost kinda the connection to it beause I am not really much into that type of sound anymore. So I listen to some oldschool for the memories ... and yeah, because it's still good music to me :)

I liking both.

I not understand why peoples don't liking a music only because they liking another more. Cant we liking 2 musics?

Acumasama, your sentence should read like that:

I like both, i can´t understand why people don´t like a music only because they like another one more. Can´t we just like 2 music(gernes)?

Friendly, Radi, don´t be offended, i am trying to help you a bit but i also don´t have a good commant of English.

Acumasama, your sentence should read like that:

I like both, i can´t understand why people don´t like a music only because they like another one more. Can´t we just like 2 music(gernes)?

Friendly, Radi, don´t be offended, i am trying to help you a bit but i also don´t have a good commant of English.

<_<

:blink: What in godz name? :ph34r::blink::blink:

This thread is stupid? :blink:

You said it! Actually wait! You only asked, right? :unsure: