How is this lead made?

Hi guys,

Already spent hours to reverse-engineer this lead. Before spending another n hours, please share the know-how that is already around, how to make this twisted lead.

http://download.yousendit.com/2BDE60E20498C12A

I know it is a FM lead which is cut off modulated, but how do I get the precision.

Is it live tweaked from a basic pattern( too fast to do that)?

Is it automated(too much micro editing)?

Are the notes arrangend with some fast portamento?

How th f* is it made? And how is it controlled?

Hi guys,

Already spent hours to reverse-engineer this lead. Before spending another n hours, please share the know-how that is already around, how to make this twisted lead.

I know it is a FM lead which is cut off modulated, but how do I get the precision.

I don't think it's an 'FM' lead. It sounds more like a Nord lead to me.

I don't really know actually...

Sounds to me like like its a long sustained lead on a simple progression midi pattern (for example a long C5 followed by a long E5, followed by a long D5. dont really know the keys but something like that) with a tremmolo or gate effect, something like vanguards tremmolo, and portamento. There certainly was a filter involved, and some pan effects at the end. Well thats what I think it is, altho it maybe more complex then that. Have fun tryin it out! ;)

Hi guys,

HI! :D

try painting the notes in the "piano roll" like in a gate affect, then with a phase effect OR LFO in the cut off for automating. I think its not very difficult, you have to practice and practice and practice again... Experiment with modulations to be original ;) you dont need the same lead to make a good track.

[sorry my bad english] hahahaha

Nice job man, sounds great. I don't suppose you'd be willing to say how it was made? Like the pattern sequence that you used? Im curious how that was made as well.

Thanks man. Why not telling? I hate Jealousy. Check back a bit later ;)

I like your nickname. Decease is cool :ph34r:;) I'm thinking, if I should call myself Candida Albicans or Herpes or somethin :lol:

How is a lead different from a melody, or are they the same thing?

IMHO there is a difference as far as Goa/Psytrance concerns.

I see melody as a note sequence, which consists of a broad variaty of single short notes at a very slower speed in contrast to the groove or background beat, like you hear in old school goa tracks. The modern psytrance lacks this feature. Instead you have a fast note progression, which doesn't vary alot and is sometimes even faster than the groove/beat.

Here it goes. These are the tools, settings and patterns. Once you got these, then you go tweak the cutoff on Albino in rhyme to taste( inmy setup I assigned CC 16 controller to one of my AN1X knobs ;)

http://download.yousendit.com/150AF75E608A0C2B

sorry , it didn't work with image link

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Btw mycosis means

1. infected by a fungus

2. the condition caused by the presence of such fungi.

Mushrooms.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks sisters ;)

For all your thoughts. They helped alot. Now I am the happiest dude on earth. :D

This is the result:

http://download.yousendit.com/0BCFA33C50D0D284

Mine is grittier, hehe

hey can you tell me what synth u used and maybe a screenshot of the automation or stuiff like that cause oim haveing a hard time getting a lead sound like this aswell