Aerosis Promo Track - Aercraft

Aerosis

Posted Image

This is a track that breaks more formulas and rules in melodic goa than anything we've previously created, as such I have no idea what kind of response this will recieve which is why I want to showcase it to the public as a promo track. The track is hyper melodic, done in pure morning style and verymodern. To me this is a different feeling and vibe of goa but the ending climax especially might make people raise some brows.

Hehehe, really I should not worry so much what style to call it. It is melodic music, very layer intensive, and its our own :P So what do you think?

Aerosis - Aercraft [promo].mp3

Feedback is not only much appreciate but vital for us! We need to know whether this style is successful or not!

For those interested a beefy extract of another recent track with a more "open air goa party" style - Peyota Quota, which if all goes well will be on metapsychic's 2nd compilation album - can be found here: Aerosis - Peyota Quota [extract].mp3

Aerosis is Bobby "Synogen" Ognyanov and Jeremy "Tempestuous G/ Jagno Gaia" Green", both age 18 and located in the United States.
Produced in FL Studio 6 with 100% soft synths.
Support Neu Goa!

Hehe this is true there are still places in this track that need some work, and overall the mixing and mastering can be done better - the pads are too loud in some parts though I run into conflicts where toning them down removes their intended effect, similar with other parts of the track but at this point these are small details and I've already had headache after headache trying to make it better, I relenquish this is to the best of my ability currently - though yes a more proffesional release of this track should the day come for it, will see through it that everything is done better, its gone through so many versions already that I will probably ruin more things than fix them if I open up the track again, hehehe

Ok i like the track, but here is what i am missing: melodies that take a leading part. The way it is now it sounds melodic but superior goa always tells a story using melodies (my preference) or effects that glue everything together. In parts of the song there is that glue but in others its not. Like at 6:10 (of 9:27 if my player gets the length correct) there is just not enough there to keep me following the song.

As for rule breaking i cannot see much of that, although i am a very strict old-stylist, so it seems to work with old-school ears :)

digi

well i like the idea..and the atmosphere is good..but yes the track is long and u dont have to many changes..melody variations..same as mine track :D ..a little more playground as mr lizzard said :)...tnx for shaing this whit us..keep up the good work..and goa spirit alive... :)

So, the consensus I've been gathering from the feedback so far from various people I've talked to, is that the part from 5:30 to maybe 8:30 drags for too long and is a little aimless? I actually can understand that.. you know, what kills when you are spending so much time on a track, its gone through so many different versions that you have no "first impression" sense anymore, and it becomes alot harder to anticipate the feeling a certain part of a track has since you are already so used to it too much. That climax in particular, when it was first made was amazing and flowed perfectly, just the right amount. I think I didn't even realize how much its been jacked with over time and that its feeling has become different, and longer than it originally was (now that i compare it with an older draft I notice this). Its true it is missing some things and even feels a little sloppy.

Well, I am happy :) Because these are things I can't notice anymore since my first impression sense doesn't work from hearing the track so many times while working on it. These are the things I need to hear to fix issues of style like this and prevent them in the future. I don't think that part in Aercraft is completely wrong and when I change it, it would only be in flow and duration, and I think this is correct what you guys are saying, it has alot of melodic content, but feeble direction! :)

You see how important some feedback can be ;)

If anyone still has a word or two to share, please feel free to say what you think worked or didn't work for you, I'll pass off this expirament as not working out the way I desired (atleast in its entirety) due to just attempting to do too much with the melodies and layers. Eh its not too shabby ;) It also really is one of those tracks that you will like with more listens :) That being said... the intervals between Aerosis tracks should be less and less in the future, you should be seeing more promo style tracks like this each attempting something different, followed by me asking the listeners to probe their feelings for what they like and didn't like in the music... in the long run that will help Aerosis shape the style of goa to keep our sights on.

BTW, DJs! Try mixing Aercraft into the end of a mix before introducing some prog psy. The last 45 seconds intend to make this sort of transition very rewarding to both the ear and the dancefloor ;), similar to how the ending of contorsion flows to setup the intro/transition into a darkpsy set. A concept I am toying with in my music is to offer a little more dynamics in intros and outtros so that the music, goa, the style of which sounds extremely out of place next to psytrance, prog, or darkpsy, has better fluidity and compatibility in mixes. Or so thats what I'm attempting whether its working or not I don't know yet :P but I do believe in order for the music to take a hold in the modern scene it first needs to open its arms to it and realize that if you want to play goa at a party and have people feel the groove and stay in their trance without abruptly changing moods, you gotta find a place to put it :) I wonder if its a good idea if you have the end of a typical mix deviate with tracks that are new or less common in style, and then have their outtro setup the next style of music to be played... almost like blending two colors of paint, change the mood and set up the vibe for a different style to pick up and continue.

I don't know, thats just my ramblings and ideas I think would be neat to try out. Perhaps in the end it all really doesn't matter and perhaps it looks as if I think the details through too much. But perhaps...thats true :P

Thank you amphiton, digitoxin, and TechNology for satisfying my impatience in such a timely manner, haha!

Guest Cosmogenesis

Bobby and Jeremy, you accomplished once again a great job with "Aercraft". :) It's easy to notice that technically you worked hard on this new track, and I appreciate, as always, your attempts to find new directions and feelings into the goa genre through those experiments. IMO, Goa needs it to take a second breath, and you and Lost Buddha are among the ones with a few other artists to try different things and to bring new formulas of the recycled genre of goa trance. Your music becomes more and more developped & subtle week after week, this new morning track is what I call "high-quality production".

Me and Filipe are already glad you'll be part of our next VA/ with "Peyota Quota" as your music fits very well our metapsychic vision of the goa music. :)

Ok dear Aerosis,

This is how I felt about your new promo track here.

I think you got the vibe inside you. This promo is 'very' morning trance to me. (Let's say about 9:00 a.m.)

It is true that about (5:30 mins) something 'special' was about to happend to my ears there.

Something special would turn into a symmetric labyrinth music adventure.

You know how to get to that target.

The final mix I think it needs some more work to do.I think. :)

So thanks for sharing it with us. And keep that feeling alive and evolving ok? :D

I like aerocraft. I like the buzzing mid-range effect and don't think it comes off all that loud. I think the melody is intelligent and the tempo is fantastic. Maybe a bit more undulating power shifting around beneath the mids and highs, but all in all I'd spin it. Don't take this the wrong way, but I still can't believe you guys are so young!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BTW, DJs! Try mixing Aercraft into the end of a mix before introducing some prog psy. The last 45 seconds intend to make this sort of transition very rewarding to both the ear and the dancefloor ;), similar to how the ending of contorsion flows to setup the intro/transition into a darkpsy set. A concept I am toying with in my music is to offer a little more dynamics in intros and outtros so that the music, goa, the style of which sounds extremely out of place next to psytrance, prog, or darkpsy, has better fluidity and compatibility in mixes. Or so thats what I'm attempting whether its working or not I don't know yet :P but I do believe in order for the music to take a hold in the modern scene it first needs to open its arms to it and realize that if you want to play goa at a party and have people feel the groove and stay in their trance without abruptly changing moods, you gotta find a place to put it :) I wonder if its a good idea if you have the end of a typical mix deviate with tracks that are new or less common in style, and then have their outtro setup the next style of music to be played... almost like blending two colors of paint, change the mood and set up the vibe for a different style to pick up and continue.

I thought the same thing about COntorsion! ;)

Ive been thinking, lately, how I could go about making a psychedelic set including goa and 'dark' stuff. I think some 'dark' would go really well, and compliment the goa.

Thats also one of the main reasons Ive been seeking more goa lately...

On Topic: will D/L soon, no time now! :D

hehe. i cant talk about something i didn listen to

"Error 404: NOT FOUND!

Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in"

Aerosises. they all hadnt dloaded the track and have typed some comments:D

I got all excited to here something different after reading the opening post here.

Guys, Aerosis, please upload the long again. There are many sides to insight and feedback. I can't give feedback and criticize it, the link is broken when I go here.

http://www.thekandieman.com/bobby/Aerosis%...%5Bpromo%5D.mp3

I listened to the extract of Peyota Quota. I like what I've heard from this song so far very much. It has a very new-school sound or production influenced by the old-school sound.

Ahhhh, the sudden upsurge in interest are always so random :)

Well about Aercraft...this track had a superb beginning but the 6 minutes after that became a very abstract ride and now after giving this plenty of time to sink in I'm not happy with it, this track is one of the things I'm least happy with yet one of the things that has the biggest potential when its finished.

As I explained in other posts, the two elements I was trying to blend didn't work. Let me give you abit of background story - Aercraft is a track that was inspired by a direction taken out of Peyota Quota, I originally had the concept for this track in Peyota Quota but realized it was out of place and decided to make a track around it. Thus I did but found it incredibly hard to blend this style with any kind of format, be it goa or psytrance - yet the psytrance format is what I took because it worked best. This I did and the beginning of the track was flawless, the part with the actual breakthrough however was soiled due to an issue of "trying too hard" and also a conflict of flow which kills the track. The song also overwhelmingly has this feeling like its about to end but never does as well. Sometimes you can follow the rules but things still won't work out, and this is the case here. I will likely revisit this into two tracks - one is the breakthrough with the deleted peyota quota climax, the other is the begining of Aercraft which was some magical melodic psy. I'll post both here but unfortunately I'm back to having unfinished tracks of this and I again will only show a few minutes of extract ;)

The other thing is this psytrance Aerosis style is likely a bad move before I've established solidly the project as Goa. You will see some more music in that sense soon, it actualyl comes down to me finishing it really and am a little swamped with work and things keeping me out of the studio.

So here is the concept I was most proud of that lead to this track - not sure what to call it so it remains what it really is: Peyota Quota's Expirament

And here is the excerpt from what worked in the result and what is now a more representative version of what this track will become: Aercraft v2

Peyota Quota itself has been revisited many times and is nearly done and I am sure every goa-head here will LOVE it, if there are no immediate plans for a V/A release of this track I'll put it up here for everyone. For now there is a teaser on the myspace for those interested: http://www.myspace.com/aerosis There is some dryness though, some layers are still to be done.

Future track releases will be concentrating the goa style people have continuously been glimpsing from us, we're aiming for a promo album of sorts by the end of the summer!

Thanks for the interest and participation Jon, hope you enjoy those :)

- Bobby, Aerosis

Well about Aercraft...this track had a superb beginning but the 6 minutes after that became a very abstract ride and now after giving this plenty of time to sink in I'm not happy with it, this track is one of the things I'm least happy with yet one of the things that has the biggest potential when its finished.

...the beginning of the track was flawless, the part with the actual breakthrough however was soiled due to an issue of "trying too hard" and also a conflict of flow which kills the track.

I'm impressed with the atmosphere-filled opening and beginning several minutes. It's excellent. This song based on the 3-4 minute (around) extract has a lush, smooth, melodic, modern, energetic, unique sound to it. It's refreshing to listen to. If this song continued in this exact melody formation and style however I'd be less engaged; I'd say this was something that began great and over stayed its welcome or failed at being more than a drawn out version of its great initial several minutes. I didn't hear the rest however so I don't know.

I think an excellent, atmospheric transition could benefit in the middle somewhere ... the way the greatest goatrance masters like AP and Transwave did before bringing the music back with an overall sound more varied, different, updated ... so it doesn't get too repetiticious and lose its draw to dragging on for too long... even if you bring part of the song back in the end, make it more deep and blissful than ever.

Add new sounds, melodies, and create and build/develop at least one amazing leading melody is an idea. Doing some experimental, playful things is a good idea too, just to see what you come up with, and as long as it doesn't ruin the beauty and meaning of this song which has potential to be awesome.

Take you time. As others said, play around. Aim for making the thing better as it progresses, like having two or three acts is an idea even if the last act is an amazing version of the first. Key changes? With exception to a potential transition consider making the song more dynamic and filled with juice as it progresses until near explosion, and I don't mean climaxes either. I mean an amazing, Goa-Rush masterpiece. :)

Oh yes Jeremy and crew :) I can say this for this moment:

Aerosis is the first BAND i went to like in this credible GOA scene (i meant the new school/old school scene).

But Your tracks I listened to in last 20 months were the hammer at all.

U got my heart pushing and them were showing to the world not just youngsters can make good music,

but also young snow- and skateboarding-old school hard corers and samed musicians have the same feeling for that.

Keep our minds, country and all the scene clean.

Your friend, Rafael