12 Moons

NEMO.BOFH

Whatever happened to 12 moons?! I just put on his latest record (found it in a box in the cellar) and it got me thinking that I havent heard ANYTHING from this guy ever since. The last album he made, is a masterpiece, something that few artists will achieve in their lifetime (IMO). Why why whyyyyy isnt there more from this genious?! :(

I completely agree, "Solid State" is nothing short of an amazing album. Dreamy and almost unreal, melodic progressive trance of the very very best kind. Also some of his earlier releases on labels like Dragonfly were stunning as well.

Whatever happened to 12 moons?! I just put on his latest record (found it in a box in the cellar) and it got me thinking that I havent heard ANYTHING from this guy ever since. The last album he made, is a masterpiece, something that few artists will achieve in their lifetime (IMO). Why why whyyyyy isnt there more from this genious?! :(

+12!

I'm waiting for a sequel to Solid State ever since ... this is one of the best scando trance albums out there! A pity that there is not more from this guy :(

Maybe you should check out Healer ... it's his ambient project ... of course it's a bit different stuff, but it's good as well :)

+12!

I'm waiting for a sequel to Solid State ever since ... this is one of the best scando trance albums out there! A pity that there is not more from this guy :(

Maybe you should check out Healer ... it's his ambient project ... of course it's a bit different stuff, but it's good as well :)

Healer is Brilliant, no doubt about it, but I want more of the 12 moons! :) Fucking hell his music really got to me now, havent heard the album for over 2 years, and it still sounds as good as it did the first time... if not even better :)

I haven't spoken to Michael in waaay too long. We both had sort of difficult times in our lives a while back, and as a result, communication decreased until it ended entirely. I really should give him a call to catch up...

Anyway - last time we spoke he was burned out on the whole scene - he had a huge fight with candyflip about payment for his albums (this was on isratrance as well), and was fed up with drugged-up shithead promoters... He also had some drawn-out health problems (a messed up knee) and a few government bureaucracy battles which just ate his energy. So I think he just stopped making trance, but I don't know what he's doing instead.

I'll see if I can get ahold of him, and if I do, I'll report back here (with his permission). I'm an idiot for not talking to such a good friend for this long...

I haven't spoken to Michael in waaay too long. We both had sort of difficult times in our lives a while back, and as a result, communication decreased until it ended entirely. I really should give him a call to catch up...

Anyway - last time we spoke he was burned out on the whole scene - he had a huge fight with candyflip about payment for his albums (this was on isratrance as well), and was fed up with drugged-up shithead promoters... He also had some drawn-out health problems (a messed up knee) and a few government bureaucracy battles which just ate his energy. So I think he just stopped making trance, but I don't know what he's doing instead.

I'll see if I can get ahold of him, and if I do, I'll report back here (with his permission). I'm an idiot for not talking to such a good friend for this long...

Damn man, thats sad :( Give all my regards to the guy (Eventhough I dont know him personally!) :) We all want to hear more music from the Genius! :)

Yeah and, I know the not keeping in touch with friends thing too good. I almost lost a very dear friend because of this when I moved to The Netherlands. Similar situation there, and things kept building up to where you no longer have any energy to keep on. The final dagger in our friendship was probably when I got Diabetes, and I totally left Earth for a while. However, also as a result of my self pity I called my good friend to talk to him about my situation, and we had a very very nice conversation. Things are now back to Normal! :)

So: CALL HIM! :) :) :)

Healer is Brilliant, no doubt about it, but I want more of the 12 moons! :) Fucking hell his music really got to me now, havent heard the album for over 2 years, and it still sounds as good as it did the first time... if not even better :)

indeed ... it's very good music for jogging, especially on a sunny day in winter ... it's not so pushing and driving beat, but rather gentle and nice sound ... I always come home quite relaxed and with a smile on my face when I have been jogging to that album :)

A pity that he's apparently not producing anymore ... good luck to him for sorting the issues out, maybe he will be able to start again then!

howdy people.. its been a while since my last post but i feel this is worth my 2 pence..

i for one love this CD.. i have it in my car have have been playing it quite a bit for the past year.. its good to chill to, it calms road rage and makes the world generally look like a wonderful place to be..

hope he can find his faith is psy again

hey man can you tell me if the Back to Basics EP should be played at 33 or 45 RPM??? Cause to my ears both speeds sound equally convincing... (man now I know how DJs spinning New Beat felt lol)

• 3 months later...

hey man can you tell me if the Back to Basics EP should be played at 33 or 45 RPM??? Cause to my ears both speeds sound equally convincing... (man now I know how DJs spinning New Beat felt lol)

BUMP!

Nope, all packed down :( Sorry to answer this late. Ukiro could answer that question I guess.

@Ukiro, did you talk to him?

I've tried to phone him a couple of times, with no answers yet. Haven't seen him on icq in like 6 months either. I'll keep trying though.

:( Cheers for trying though, Ukiro :) I really hope he is ok, and the reason for him to be offline is becuase he is working on a killargh album that will smack our bitch's up :)

lack of communication...tell me about it. I have lost good friends due to time-space attrition :(

you have inspired me to dig them up..btw 12 moons is among my favorite proggy artists ever :)

The 12 Moons album is good indeed. However, I wish he would release more Neser DNA tracks. The two (My Name is Bruise and Stainless Steel) on Boshke compilations are so good, and such hard tech trance is rare. I emailed him about that last year or the year before and he sent me a link to a download store which had more NDNA choons, but I didn't think they were that good. That's sad because he has great potential and this world need a new The Delta! :)

However, I wish he would release more Neser DNA tracks. The two (My Name is Bruise and Stainless Steel) on Boshke compilations are so good, and such hard tech trance is rare.

So true, a Neser DNA album would be ace. I still think that "My name is bruise" is one of the most powerful and relentless techtrance stormers out there I ever heard. One of my alltime favourites, I've no words for it. :wub:

• 9 months later...

I just listened to Solid State again and now conclude that this is one of the utmost best trance albums I know! I love the warm sound and the gentle progression, the comfortable feeling ... this is so good that I'm confident that I could run around the globe to this, seriously! There's lots of other good progressive out there, but none of it that I know is equally genious in the same way.

Any news on this?

I'm quite puzzled that an artist who brought out a masterpiece like this just disappeared. It's like if he had the "Noma syndrome", that's the only other guy I know where it went kinda the same way - one good album and a few 12" and then all of a sudden nothing more...

In the meantime, does anybody know any similar stuff? Because I'll soon need another fix :P

• 2 weeks later...