A Piece of Trance History

visine

Here is a little reminder to all Trancers that were around in the early days:

click here

It's a great documentary explaining German and especially Berlin Trance. Kind of nostalgic to hear Visions of Shiva,

Love Stimulation, Voov, Marmion-Schoneberg, Hardfloor's remix of Robert Armani's "Circus Bells" although the DJ sped it up

while playing at the club and others.

Enjoy!

Just a LITTLE bit of History, that has formed the music the way it is today. Especially Psy Trance ;) I on the other side, think that there is more than enough room to start producing this kind of trance. Since I practically grew as a Dj when this music was released, this is the one and only era for me actually that made some sense within the trance scene. Sure, I love a lot of music from today, but nothing BEATS the feeling of walking into The Omen or Dorian Grey, nothing beats the feeling to walk into any of the old Clubs in Berlin, no matter HOW good music has become, and no matter HOW matured the sound is.

I compare todays music with a fucking good Whiskey, its aged for 20 years, it tastes like heaven, but when served, often it served wrong. :)

Oh well, someone oughta change that, and who knows maybe someone will! :)

Nemo

return to produce that music now !

Why are you quoting me? Seems like you've officialy lost it now: I can't beatmatch, not even thinking about producing any music so what do you want?

If you are that frustrated by the psyscene then why YOU don't start to produce music, organise parties with the music you like or do something similar instead of just posting in an internet forum and making an idiot out of yourself?

Why are you quoting me? Seems like you've officialy lost it now: I can't beatmatch, not even thinking about producing any music so what do you want?

If you are that frustrated by the psyscene then why YOU don't start to produce music, organise parties with the music you like or do something similar instead of just posting in an internet forum and making an idiot out of yourself?

:lol: love is in the air :lol:

GREAT STUFF!!! but... what's up with the nazi scenes in the beginning? totally misplaced IMHO... kindof like saying that Germany is known in the world only for WW2 and electronic music... WTF? Still, killer stuff :)

PS the underground party with Kool and The Gand LOOOL

GREAT STUFF!!! but... what's up with the nazi scenes in the beginning? totally misplaced IMHO... kindof like saying that Germany is known in the world only for WW2 and electronic music... WTF? Still, killer stuff :)

PS the underground party with Kool and The Gand LOOOL

I was wondering that too, but then I think I understood. I don't think that uniform he wore was nazi...just military (didn't notice any swastikas). I think he wanted to make a point that before divided Berlin was just like a dull military zone (especially East), then he puts on a Trance record and if you notice as the music starts suddenly there is color. To me that symbolized the city before (dull, boring, military) and after (colorful, interesting) the fall of the wall which is what they discuss after that scene.