drones

crazyboris

link - click - links - click - more links - click click - etc

if i could, i would check it all out, but there's just too much. not only are there tons of artists, they each have something like 10 cd's too. i don't know where to begin...

i'm looking for (not too) dark and dreamy and spacy drones, slowly and gradually moving to (anti-) climaxes, music that you're sucked into. i've already checked out astro cortex's reviews and the ambient threads on this forum but i need more (and the google too off course) ... so names of artists or albums are very much appreciated.

music i like:

oophoi

steve roach

ishq / ishvara / elve

tom heasley

thanks in advance

and

happy dr0nes!

if you checked the ambient topics I'm sure I already mentioned these before ;)

anyway, my ultimate space ambient top 3:

1. Steve Roach - Magnificent Void

2. Michael Stearns - Planetary Unfolding

3. Lustmord - Place Where The Black Stars Hang

Haven't heard serious contenders for this top 3 yet, though there's tons of good stuff.... these 3 however are pretty much unbeatable when it comes to pure space music.

But perhaps you're looking for more 'minimal' drone music, in that case I can't really help.

spx for the replies

if you checked the ambient topics I'm sure I already mentioned these before ;)

anyway, my ultimate space ambient top 3:

1. Steve Roach - Magnificent Void

2. Michael Stearns - Planetary Unfolding

3. Lustmord - Place Where The Black Stars Hang

Haven't heard serious contenders for this top 3 yet, though there's tons of good stuff.... these 3 however are pretty much unbeatable when it comes to pure space music.

But perhaps you're looking for more 'minimal' drone music, in that case I can't really help.

the magnificent void is a true piece of art :)

and yeah, "minimal" ambient is more or less what i'm looking for. 1 constant moving, evolving, tunnel/texture/landscape

try Aarktica and Mathias Grassow for really calm drone ambient and double leopards(halve mean rules) for some more experimental stuff. If you want some drones with guitars(stil very dreamy stuff), try nadja. You should also try Windy & Carl, Troum, Rapoon, Zoviet France, Tim Hecker...

Aphex Twin!!

Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 is full of drones... :)

Long time since I've listened to it. Last time I didn't really like it. Going to re-listen :)

I've seen Fear Falls Burning live some time ago. It was pretty good but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too short.