Aurinko Records style

Psycosmo

I love everything I have heard from Aurinko, especially the Catcher CD. The faithealers track CD1 Track1 is a particular gem. It's too bad they dont seem to be active anymore :(

Catcher music was very dark and creepy, but in a different way than most "dark" music of today. Four Carry Nuts released a very good album with sort of industrial-psy sound, but for the most part it seems to have fallen by the wayside.

I am making this topic to encourage appreciation of the Catcher style, and get any reccomendations of newer stuff that I might not know about in the Aurinko/4CN industrial psy-trance style.

How about the Urban Awakening compilation, or some of the new material from Holeg & Spies? Aurinko (and Atomic) had a very unique sound, but there isn't much like it any more... then again, imagine if Boshke Beats did darkpsy... :huh:

I hadn't even heard of Urban Awakening, Ill have to check it out, thanks! :)

I really like the Menis and Semsis stuff that I have on some comps, but I havent been able to find their albums :(

I really like Holeg & Spies, but its not really psytrance anymore. I am looking for stuff that still has the psytrance thing going on, but has a similar vibe to Holeg and Spies (and Spies... I think I liked Spies-Notinism better than the Holeg and Spies album). Spies did a few really nice trance tracks for Catcher CD. Spies-Wide Shot (faithealers mix) is also a very nice track.

Yeah there is a bunch of Tim Schuldt I haven't heard and dont know where to get. I like Score a lot but I like Catcher best.

I always loved psytrance with a heavy industrial touch, but as already said there's not very much, if anything, like it around these days. Atomic records surely was THE label for industrial psy, so maybe go hunting for their releases if possible (especially their first comp "Kiss the future", an absolute classic imo).

As there are also some techtrancy tracks on the Catcher comp, maybe you like some old techtrance like "Spirallianz - Stereopark" for example just as well.

Check out the first two Dark Soho albums.

I tend to recommend them at almost every occasion but give Ambivalent records a try too, you never know.

Hope I didn't tell you old news.

PS: I almost forgot the Schlabbaduerst releases, if this isn't industrial psy then nothing is.