Best mastering ever

Ormion

Which are the releases with the best mastering according to you?

I believe Furious-Not For Fame has the best mastering ever in every music kind!!!

You can't believe how clear it sounds, I mean the term 'crystal sound' is not even close to describe it!

Another releases with unbelievable mastering:

The Nommos-Primal Meltdown

Multistate-Collaborating With Machines

I must mention Distance To Goa 4, too.

Yeah, I know it's a 1996 release but for its time it had THE mastering!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally I feel that Tim Schuldt does a very good job in mastering, so do the Son Kite guys, Eargear (or F.M.S.), Cass, Marc Engemann used to as well... just to name a few of them.

But that's not the question here, the last release I bought which had a very good mastering imo was "V/A - Further ambivalent tendencies".

Can't name a release which mastering I liked best, it's difficult to tell anyway since it's not only the mastering which matters in the end but the whole recording process.

...where is says absolutely nothing about mastering. You don't know what it is, do you?

haha, yeah - that's what I wanted to say too :)

on topic:

cosmosis - intergalactic

hallucinogen in dub

oood / voice of cod latest albums

all wildthings records releases

Ok guys enough is enough!

The cd is the best ever mastered cd for me!

The ORIGINAL cover doesn't mention anything about who did the mastering.

It says the following Producer, Programmed By, Written-By - Andrea Rizzo , Carlo Paternò , Maurizio Begotti , Max Lanfranconi.

And also if you didin't noticed?Here we don't talk about the guy that did the mastering.The topic is Best mastering ever.

If you have any problem go somewhere else.

Guest Rezwalker

If you have any problem go somewhere else.

agreed. general forum is for music discussion and NOT a place for personal critisism, ironic comments and personal attacks.

agreed. general forum is for music discussion and NOT for personal criticism/attacks/irony.

And what's your problem? w_lizzard implied that Pleiadians mastered their CD themselves:

One of the best album also in mastering from my point of view is the most wanted I.F.O. And when?1997.

Respect to the Italians Alchemistas!

Max you are an unreachable myth!

But as was shown by Nemo there's no proof for that. Where do you see 'criticism/attacks/irony'???

And IMO Pleiadians' IFO has terrible mastering - the sound picture is very thin, with too much treble and no bass in some of the tracks. It's a wonderful music, but the mastering is not.

Guest Rezwalker

And what's your problem? w_lizzard implied that Pleiadians mastered their CD themselves:

But as was shown by Nemo there's no proof for that. Where do you see 'criticism/attacks/irony'???

And IMO Pleiadians' IFO has terrible mastering - the sound picture is very thin, with too much treble and no bass in some of the tracks. It's a wonderful music, but the mastering is not.

when some1 said "respect to the XX artist" he is talking about the mastering or about the word respect as is?! and where i see irony? what was the "haha" :rolleyes:

and my problem is you and some others u try to convert the general forum in to offtopic rubbish section.

is it so hard for some of u to post ONLY for the topic issue?!

when some1 said "respect to the XX artist" he is talking about the mastering or about the word respect as is?!

and my problem is you and some others u try to convert the general forum in to offtopic rubbish section.

is it so hard for some of u to post ONLY for the topic issue?!

Let the kids discover what Music is first Rezwalker!

Don't give attention to someone who doesn't deserve it!

Astral Projection- "Trust in trance" (1996)

Mastering by: Ben Bernefeld

I wrote in my review of this album that it is futile comparing this sound-wise album to any other from that entire period because the sheer clearness, sharpness and crispiness that Astral Projection had in 1996 was not matched by anybody up until... who knows??? I always thought that I somehow got my lucky fingers on some remastered, deluxe edition of "trust in trance" with an error on it, saying the album was from 1996. Only to discover there was never a remaster... How they did it, it's only a mystery!!!

And speaking of the Pleiadians mastering, "I.F.O." is by far my all time album, bar none, the absolute winner, the best goa trance I have ever heard, the best music I have ever heard those four italin masters put out, and I would never do something as horrible as speak against it, but people... come on- nobody ever loved this album for its mastering. Nobody. Ever. If one fact is accepted throughout the psy/goa trance community, it is that the italian geniuses had some sound trouble until they moved to a high-tech studio in Ibiza, in the year 2000. But did anybody ever complain? No. Why? Because when music "speaks" for itself as much as their music did, the last thing on your mind is the sound quality when listening to it...

IFO best mastering ?

somebody is taking the piss................

probably the worst mastering of any psy cd I have heard.

I must admit the quality of mastering from 97 to now has risen exponentially. There is some good sounding stuff out there now.

One of the best album also in mastering from my point of view is the most wanted I.F.O. And when?1997.

Respect to the Italians Alchemistas!

Max you are an unreachable myth!

I love it when presented with a best.... thread some people always go for their favourite album no matter if it has any relation to the the topic!

Just because it's a great CD it doesn't mean that it fits into every thread!