taking your cds on a plane

alleycat

Well, I didn't have the time or the hardware to burn all my originals so I just took what I needed...

I had no trouble keeping them in my sight and secure...

However...

I found out the hard way, that in order to get paid for anything in Canada one needs a work permit. Which I didn't have. Customs actually called Chris from Organix, and told him that if I were to play, the club could be shut down. THey told me I could be deported and banned from Canada. I nearly got turned away. They wanted to make sure I actually had a job and a home. And after seeing all the junkies and homeless up there, I can sorta understand. But, grilling me and pulling me aside just because I have dreads is fucked up cultural profiling.

So, next time Im "visiting friends", and Im bringing the phone numbers for my work, all my bosses, my parents... Anything those smug border pig fucks could need.

Ahhhh been there to visit friends three times this year and not been hastled at all. I find the US Customs much much scarier than the friendly Canadians. Weird that I get nervous when I'm trying to re-enter whats supposed to be my own country....

Yeah, I had a scary experience at the Canadian border not so long ago myself. I thought it was going to be a straightforward, friendly thing, especially since it was close to Niagara Falls, but I ended up in immigration being questioned by a surprisingly unfriendly guy. Then again, I suppose if I were Canada I wouldn't want just any Joe American coming into my country and fucking it up.