What happened to Digital Structures and Iboga?

firebreath

I dont think you have to worry!

Iboga just came out with Nuance, a VA, and Ace Ventura's album is due out sometime this year. Also, Iboga Mexico I think came out with a compo too, recently.

Digital Structures, Im sure, is still reaping all the benefits from all the tasty releases last year, Ticon and Vibrasphere in particular. Haven't heard any news about DS though.

No worries! They're both gonna be here for a while yet, Im sure! B)

Digital Structures certainly isn't out of business, or at least not anymore :) Read below

forthcoming in 2007:

Iboga:

VA - Set:7 Declivity (by Bakke)

Sun Control Species album

Ace Ventura album

Perfect Stranger remix cd

Behind Blue Eyes triple cd, music+videos

Antix album

VA - Floating Point 4

Digital Structures:

Vibrasphere - Archipelago remixes

Atmos new album

Ticon new album

and a new compilation

and I would not be surprised if these lists aren't complete

source: www.iboga.dk and www.mpdqx.com/digitalstructures

ps. actually I was hoping for a new Son Kite album to surface on Digital Structires in 2007, although as I understand they've been concentrating on their Minilogue project a lot (can't wait for their cd album+dvd release).

Also, a Jaïa remix album was supposed to be released on DS as far as I know but it any info about it seems to have vanished..

To get additional excitement going, here's what the lads at Tribal Vision will offer us this year..

February: Vibrasphere - Floating Free Remixes (12")

March: Roman Rai - Tokyo (CD)

May: Vibrasphere - Exploring The Tributaries (CD and 12")

June: V.A. - Lime Light 3 (CD)

September: Fitalic - Atomic Remixes (CD)

November: Tegma - Lo-Fi Adventures (CD)

December: V.A. - t.b.a. (CD)

from http://www.tribalvision.cz

:ph34r:

Digital Structures certainly isn't out of business, or at least not anymore :) Read below

forthcoming in 2007:

Iboga:

Ace Ventura album

Antix album

VA - Floating Point 4

Digital Structures:

Atmos new album

Ticon new album

and a new compilation

ps. actually I was hoping for a new Son Kite album to surface on Digital Structires in 2007, although as I understand they've been concentrating on their Minilogue project a lot (can't wait for their cd album+dvd release).

Also, a Jaïa remix album was supposed to be released on DS as far as I know but it any info about it seems to have vanished..

Yes, and there is ONE MAJOR release from another Swedish coming on Iboga, but I dont know how Official that is, so I will keep my trap shut until this delicious music is out :)

:o:rolleyes::D

Don't expect Vibrasphere - Exploring the Tributaries to sound like Archipelago by the way, it will be different, as they are stating on their myspace page.

As the title implies, this album will showcase a somewhat different side of their production- more experimental in nature it will range from downbeat/lounge right the way through to more club oriented material as well as minimal/electro.

I'm just hoping that there won't be too much track sounding like their widely popular 'Floating Free', I think it's a pretty good track but I'm not that crazy about it.

Considering the creativity and quality Vibrasphere have shown over the years, I'm quite convinced that the new album will be good. Even though their description of the album kind of sounds like they're hopping onto the bandwagon (eg going minimal/electro/club oriented etc), I think this album will stand out in its own way just like Archipelago did in my opinion.

:)

I was just thinking about the new Tegma album on Tribal Vision, I have absolutely no idea what it's going to be like, but looking at the album title I wouldn't be convinced if they'll be trying out a bit of a new style as well. :)

I think there won't be much psy elements to be found on future Tribal Vision releases, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yes, and there is ONE MAJOR release from another Swedish coming on Iboga, but I dont know how Official that is, so I will keep my trap shut until this delicious music is out :)

Damn, I was kinda hoping for a certain Dane to release an album on Iboga :P:P (I think he's Danish)

Although if it's going to be a major Swede, then I'll probably not be complaining :D

Also, I'm wondering if there will be a new album from Gaudium, and if so on which label, since Spiral Trax is dead.

This is not coinciding with the above mentioned I presume? :lol:

Also, I'm wondering if there will be a new album from Gaudium, and if so on which label, since Spiral Trax is dead.

This is not coinciding with the above mentioned I presume? :lol:

The new Gaudium WILL be out on Iboga, very soon: trust me on all things concerning Gaudium :D I'm a groupie :P

BUT: me demands to get the new ATMOS, right about now!

Shit, the guy's album was finished almost a year ago, his other stuff sold heaps, he played at nearly every festival you can imagine, in my opinion Spiral Trax missed out on a pot€ntia£ $o£ution by not releasing it.

So anyway: burn-it Thomas, burn-it now!!

The new Gaudium WILL be out on Iboga, very soon: trust me on all things concerning Gaudium :D I'm a groupie :P

BUT: me demands to get the new ATMOS, right about now!

Shit, the guy's album was finished almost a year ago, his other stuff sold heaps, he played at nearly every festival you can imagine, in my opinion Spiral Trax missed out on a pot€ntia£ $o£ution by not releasing it.

So anyway: burn-it Thomas, burn-it now!!

So, since you are telling us, I can confirm that indeed its Gaudium! :) I am sooooo looking forward to it. The Atmos album would have been a potential saviour for Anti, but if you go Bankrupt on a Limited company, it would have meant no sales at all for the Atmos album... I think that this was kind of planned, to not release anything like that, since Cosmophilia already owed ST quite a lot of money.... :)

forthcoming in 2007:

Iboga:

Ace Ventura album

Antix album

VA - Floating Point 4

Digital Structures:

Atmos new album

Ticon new album

and a new compilation

some nice sounding stuff there. This year is going to be the end of my healthy bank balance <_<:)

atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos atmos

:D

Oooh so much good stuff to look forward to!!! Woot!!

Atmos was by far the best artist I saw last summer, he rocked ze dancefloor with his cowboy hat on ja jaaaaaaaaaa :D

Iboga: releasing lots these days, but their quality control and sense of adventure have slipped.

DS: slow-burning but extremely high-quality releases... it's like everything they do is a 10 or close enough that it doesn't matter.

+1 (x 1.000.000)

And let there be Son Kite soon ...

Don't expect Vibrasphere - Exploring the Tributaries to sound like Archipelago by the way, it will be different, as they are stating on their myspace page.

That's good news, they need to explore new terrains. Archipelago was a solid album, but didn't add anything new to their formula.

That's good news, they need to explore new terrains. Archipelago was a solid album, but didn't add anything new to their formula.

+ 1

I am looking forward to their new input... :rolleyes:

I think there won't be much psy elements to be found on future Tribal Vision releases, correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm having trouble finding much psy elements on their current releases.

Tegma album sounded creative to my ears and so did Prosect/Sonify stuff, but beyond that a lot of their other stuff sounds pretty housy and mainstream or done a million times before.....

Mainstream is clearly their direction and if any artist had anything to do with a big time Mixmag type name, they will sure mention it, so it's not like they are deceiving people.

If you want something catchy, funky and easy to digest they are probably the label to look at, but if you want the underground feel I suggest you look elsewhere.

Iboga's been going this route lately, but they formed a new sub-label Prestige for clubbier sounds so hopefully they will keep commercialy oriented stuff there and release more daring and creative stuff without sticking to the same formulas on Iboga.

I think I read in a Minilogue Interview thatz they are still looking for a label for a new Son Kite album, i suppose it won't be trancy enough for DS, or they are looking to get out of the psyscene.

Hmm I thought I read that it was the Minilogue album they were still searching a label for. Perhaps it's both though. :)